Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&P: Evolution

+9
RenaYumi
Eilorae
AeonFrodo
Kittyclaw
VGCats_Rocks
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
cya6
SeeMeInTheShadows
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty Re: M&P: Evolution

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:39 am

Question (and this is no offense) but can anyone comment on clues, or only players?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 am

I should've probably asked that first. Whoops! Post edited.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 am

hey no prob! (it's my first time playing, so I don't really know the rules very well Razz )
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 am

I've never played. The closest thing I've played is Mafia, which is kind of like the cards version of this game, but I won't go into that now. I've derailed this thread enough already.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am

Cya, you seem to be grasping for a lot of straws lately.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:18 am

hmm? I think it was Kelly who said that first Razz I'm just looking for clues. I said 'grasping for straws' because I really don't know what kind of clues we're looking for, so I don't want anyone taking me too seriously Razz

Who do you think it is?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 am

Arsenic poisoning looked like the last killing which is from apples, and there's a lot of emphasis on wood-- tables, doors, the island itself, the bird signifying land. So I was leaning towards forest sector.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

Okay, watching you guys skirt it is starting to annoy me. xDD I want to go back and unedit my post! But alas, as I'm not a player, I shouldn't.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:35 am

you should definately play next time, though, Snickie!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 am

Absolutely, no hints!
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 am

I plan to! Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Waited a few days longer since I only got four votes, but that looks like all I'm getting so it's post time. First, the tally:

Aeon (/)
Cya (1)
Eil (2)
Kelly (0)
Kitty (0)
Legend (/)
Rena (0)
shadow74488 (Shade) (0)
Shadows (0)
SMARTAgentKC (KC) (/)
Stella (0)
VGCats (Cats) (1)

Did you guess correctly? Read on and find out...

The remaining XL’ers huddled in the corner of the dining room, their food abandoned half eaten at the table. They were silent, obviously struggling to deal with the loss of a third member in less than an hour.

“Now what?” Kelly asked softly.

“I don’t know,” Eil responded, just as softly.

“This is ridiculous,” Cats said, jumping up and marching over to the table.

“What are you doing?” Shadows asked, standing like she was going to follow Cats. Shade grabbed her wrist, holding her back.

“I’m tired of this,” Cats hissed. He hesitated when he reached KC, eyeing the boy before circling past him and reaching for his dropped glass. Kitty rose slowly, glancing to Rena who nodded. Together they joined Cats at the table.

“What are you looking at?” Rena asked.

“I’m looking for clues,” Cats muttered. Holding the cup out to Rena he asked, “What does that look like to you?”

“Tea leaves, maybe?” Rena tried, squinting into the glass. “Kind of…purple tea leaves?”

“Or maybe they’re flowers,” Kitty tried, also looking in the cup.

“So…someone killed him with…flowers?” Cats frowned, and the girls shrugged. “So KC was taken out by…by a hippie?”

“So there’s a rouge hippie in this house?” Kitty asked. Cats shrugged.

“I don’t know. But something’s going on, we have to figure this out.”

“Let’s get back to the others,” Rena said softly. Sighing, Cats nodded and together the trio made their way back to the group.

“Any leads?” Cya asked.

“Flower tea,” Kitty said. “Ring any bells with anyone?”

There was a general shaking of heads from the group, which was when Rena noticed something odd.

“Guys,” she said, “Where’s Eil?” Kelly looked to her side, surprise on her face as she spotted the empty spot where Eil had been sitting.

“I—I don’t know,” she said, frowning. She eyed the heavy drape that Eil had been sitting against.

“What’s wrong?” Cya asked her.

“This,” she said. She leaned forwards and tugged the drape back, revealing a wooden panel in the wall.

“A trap door?” Shade asked, while Kelly pulled at the door’s edges.

“It’s locked.”

“This is making less and less sense with every moment,” Stella whispered.

“I agree,” Kitty said. “But what can we do?”

“We need to get out of here,” Rena said.

“Those doors were locked, remember?” Shade said.

“Then there has to be another way out.”

“Like what?” Cya asked.

“What about this?” Everyone turned to see Stella standing at one of the windows, having pushed the drapes aside to reveal a view of the mansion’s sprawling lawns. She pulled at the frame and, with Shade’s help, was able to get it open. Everyone could only stare at the open window, relief on their faces. But it was Cats who said the words they all needed to hear.

“Let’s get out of here.”
--
Kelly was the last to drop to the grass, Cats and Shade lowering her to the ground. She joined the others, and they quickly put a bit of space between themselves and the mansion they’d finally escaped.

“Let’s get moving,” she said. “The faster we get to the bridge onto this stupid island, the soon we can get help.”

“Which way should we go?” Shadows asked. Three different voices responded, each pointing in different directions. A bit of an argument ensued, Kitty, Shade, and Cats all picking different directions they should take. Eventually Shadows offered an idea—

“What if we spit up? Then whoever gets to the bridge first can call for help.”

“Doesn’t that seem dangerous to you?” Shade asked. Shadows shrugged.

“Just going in one direction and it possibly being the wrong one seems more dangerous if you ask me. And being together hasn’t exactly helped anyone else has it?” That thought gave the group pause.

“She’s right,” Cats finally said. “Let’s split up.

“Fine,” Shade said. “Shadows, you can come with me, since you seem like the most sensible person here.”

“And Rena, you’re with me,” Kitty said. “Cya, you too.”

“I guess Kelly and Stella, you’re on team Cats,” Cats said, waving over the two girls.

After reaffirming their plans—everyone gets to the bridge as quickly as possible, the first person there calling for help as soon as they can—they dispersed, each taking to the direction they’d decided was best.

“Do you think we’ll get out of here before anyone else is killed or goes missing?” Cya asked softly as they moved through what looked like the mansion’s extensive flowers gardens.

“I’m sure we will,” Kitty said. “We’re going to be fine.”

“I hope so,” Rena whispered. “This is getting out of control. It’s like someone tried to lure us here or something.”

“Who would do something like that?” Cya asked. Rena could only shrug. Ahead of them Kitty turned, looking like she was going to try and answer Cya’s question—

When a scream tore the air.

Eyes wide, the girls shared only a brief look before they were bolting towards the sound. They didn’t have far to go, none of the groups having had mush chance to really scatter yet. When they arrived it was to find Shadows with her hands over her mouth, Kelly and Stella with their arms around her. They were all looking at where Cats was kneeling over what the girls realized was Shade.

His eyes were wide and lifeless as he stared up at nothing, a pen protruding from his neck.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 am

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNN.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/9M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 am

I’m guessing the pen means it’s one of our writers? Though that doesn’t narrow it down much…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue7/17M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Random thoughts, as always:

Flowers? Flowers were mentioned twice, once about the purple tea thing (which might be a clue too, though I'm not sure exactly what), and then another time about the mansion's flower gardens. Totally a stretch, but the clues here are not obvious at all. Which means lots and lots of grasping at straws and saying whatever comes to mind. Very Happy

The pen clue seems really obvious, which means it could be a red herring. But at the same time, most if not all of the people still playing are writers. So if it's not a red herring, it doesn't narrow anyone down. At least I don't think so? To my knowledge, everyone active has written something at some point, no matter how big or small. Besides that...I think most people here found XL through fanfiction which points to towards writing.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue14/18M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4/5M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Looks like I have most of the votes in! Just a few more, and we'll be read for the next round. I'm thinking I'll post the next kill tomorrow night, to give you guys time for any last minute guesses and discussion.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:22 pm

The flower thing is suspicious, wood was mentioned again too, though at this point, that could just be a coincidense/fake clue.

Anyone here like One Direction? Because that could be a clue too. Of course, the Open Window, is also in there, and that could be a reference to Evanescence, because that's the title of one of their albums and that's like, super obscure.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 am

Was the next post supposed to be up yesterday? Guess kitty's still having internet problems.

Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 pm

I think that it's cute you guys think she sticks to a schedule. She's an author Smile
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Just thought of something. Can the host be the murderer?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 am

I’m pretty sure that’s possible…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue7/17M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 am

Better late than never, eh? As per usual, votes, then the scene:

Aeon (/)
Cya (1)
Eil (/)
Kelly (0)
Kitty (0)
Legend (/)
Rena (0)
shadow74488 (Shade) (/)
Shadows (3)
SMARTAgentKC (KC) (/)
Stella (0)
VGCats (Cats) (2)

Are you right? Let's find out...

“What happened?” Kitty demanded, joining Cats by the body.

“I don’t know,” Shadows gasped, tears streaming down her cheeks. “I turned around for a second to look over the edge, and when I turned back he was—he was like th-that.” The edge she was referring to was the cliff edge behind her. Where Kitty’s group had opted for the gardens Shade had tried to circle the edge of the island in the hopes that he would find an uninterrupted path to the bridge.

It seemed it wasn’t meant to be.

“What’s that in his neck?” Cya asked, joining Cats and Kitty by the body, Rena following behind.

“It looks like…”

“A pen,” Stella finished for Cats. She frowned. “What kind of person kills with a pen?”

“The same kind of person who invited a bunch of people to their house and then starts killing them,” Kelly said, her voice shaking. She started to join the group, forced to leave Eil by the cliff when the distraught girl refused to come any closer.

“So now what do we do?” Cya asked.

“We keep trying to get out of here,” Kitty responded. “The longer we’re here, the more people who will die, if this is any indication. Let’s keep moving.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Cats said, straightening. “Shadows,” he continued, starting to turn, “you can join my group, oka—hey, where’s Shadows?” When the others turned to look, it was to see only an abandoned cliff top.

“She was just there, Kelly said, shaking her head slowly. “I can’t imagine where she could have gone.” She edged over to the cliff, leaning out to look down. Only dark waves, crashing over the rocks, met her gaze.

“Unfortunately we can’t waste time looking,” Cats said. “Come on guys, back to your old groups. We’ll keep going the ways we were.” Muted nodding answered him as the groups reformed and started to move away.
--
Stella and Kelly stayed close to one another as they walked, allowing Cats to lead the way across the sloping lawn connecting one side of the mansion to the edge of the rocky island. They were working their way uphill, and couldn’t be see for sure if they were heading for the bridge or not, but Cats was dead certain this was the way to go. Unable to think of any other paths to take, the girls had followed him in silence.

“It can’t be much further now,” Cats assured them, marching determinedly forward. “I can feel it, we’re close!”

“I hope so,” Kelly whispered. Stella nodded, looping her arm with Kelly’s as they huddled against the cool winds blowing over the water.

“It must be cold down there,” she whispered, motioning to the edge of the cliffs, where the sound of waves splashing could be heard.

“Mhmm,” Kelly hummed, looking pale. She shivered again, but not from the cold, and pulled her friend away from the craggy edge.

“Guys, look!” Cats shouted, grabbing the girl’s attentions. They spotted him up ahead, standing atop one of the lawn’s rolling peaks. “I told you we were close!” Sharing an excited look, the pair dashed ahead.

“Finally,” Stella gasped at the sight that met them—the winding drive at the front for the mansion, leading down through a row of trees and, as they all knew, to the bridge that would get them off the island once and for all.

“Let’s keep moving,” Cats said, grinning. “The sooner we get there, the sooner we’re all of this island once and for all.” The girls nodded, and started to followed Cats—

When a pair of screams tore the air.

“What was that?” Kelly gasped, while Stella’s eyes went wide.

“Rena, Cya, and Kitty—it had to be them!”

Cats hesitated, the indecision clear in his eyes. And then another scream sounded and his resolve hardened. Turning back the way they’d come, he sprinted across the grass, the girls on his heels.

They arrived to a scene as grisly and unwanted as they’d expected it to be. Kitty was standing with her arms around Cya, who was blinking back tears as both girls averted their eyes from the sight before them—

Rena lying limp at the base of a tree, eyes glazed.

Another of their number was dead.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 am

I'm waaaay too late. Too busy with my Tumblr and stuff to bother checking XL. Razz

Some of the stuff I do and say, I can definitely see myself doing.

Anyways, I have multiple possible conclusions that I could make from this. It's that it must either be a slit to the throat, a stab from the back or stabbed to death.
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 194

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/17M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2/2M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/10M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

http://vgcats-rocks.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am

Hey guys, I have a message for you from ghost Shadows: She's very disappointed in you guys for voting her off. Very, very disappointed.

And seriously, what is this. What clues am I supposed to be seeing? The rocks, maybe? Because we're on a rocky island apparently, so maybe that could point to the Mountains. There's also a garden mentioned, so flowers again. I'm not sure where that could point to either.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue14/18M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4/5M&P: Evolution - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

I know, I know, lots of possible clues in these Wink Just remember, while some are super obscure, others are intended to be obvious. Don't forget to look for patterns and themes!
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next