Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&P: Evolution

+9
RenaYumi
Eilorae
AeonFrodo
Kittyclaw
VGCats_Rocks
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
cya6
SeeMeInTheShadows
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty Re: M&P: Evolution

Post by RenaYumi Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm so mad that you killed me.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 am

RenaYumi wrote:I'm so mad that you killed me.

You should blame the murderer, then. Not us. Razz
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 194

Character Sheet
Health::
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/17M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
Energy::
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue2/2M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Experience::
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/10M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

http://vgcats-rocks.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm passive aggressively angry at Kitty. The killer killed me because I was on to them.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

So she thinks...Of course, not everything is always as it seems.

I've got three votes so far, two more to go!
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Double post for the MP round.

Once again you've placed your votes, and once again we'll see if you guys guessed correctly and have finally saved yourselves from this crazy island, or if you've doomed yourselves to another round of death. As per usual, forst the votes:

Aeon (/)
Cya (2)
Eil (/)
Kelly (0)
Kitty (0)
Legend (/)
Rena (/)
shadow74488 (Shade) (/)
Shadows (/)
SMARTAgentKC (KC) (/)
Stella (1)
VGCats (Cats) (1)

And then the story:

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Cats hissed, kneeling down to get a better look at the most recent addition to their list of dead. “What happened to her?”

“We don’t know,” Kitty said, sounding shaken. “The path up ahead forked, so Cya and I went to check it out and figure which one was best. I heard a scream, and when I got back it was to…” she trailed off, motioning limply to Rena.

“And you heard the same?” Cats asked, looking to Cya. She nodded.

“I got back just before Kitty,” she said softly.

“Did you see anything?” Cats asked, eyes narrowed with concentration. Cya started to shake her head, then paused, looking thoughtful.

“I thought I saw someone in the trees,” she said slowly, indicating the small grove the group stood along the edge of. “I assumed it was Kitty or maybe one of you guys.”

“We were out around the other side of the grounds,” Stella said, looking startled. “It couldn’t have been any of us.”

“And I was down that path there,” Kitty added, motioning to a winding gravel path that disappeared in the opposite direction of the trees.

“Maybe it was the killer,” Kelly whispered, eyes wide. “Cya, you’re luckily they didn’t get you too!”

“Her arrival must have scared him off,” Stella said. “If you saw him, then I doubt he was expecting you to arrive so quickly.”

“Maybe he’s still nearby,” Cats said, although he didn’t sound overly convinced.

“What’s wrong?” Kitty asked, picking up on the boy’s uncertainty. He motioned to Rena’s body.

“Does something about this look familiar to you?” he asked. He continued before anyone could respond, “Look at her lips—they’re blue! And I can smell those flowers from before, that ones that killed KC. I think she was poisoned, just like he was. That doesn’t seem like something the killer could have just slipped in and done quickly.”

“Which could be why they were still close by when Cya arrived,” Stella argued. “And look,” she added, motioning to the tree trunk. “Someone carved something into this tree. Maybe it was the killer, while they waited for the poison to take effect?”

“Or Rena,” Kitty said, stepping closer to take a look. “To give us a clue to her killer.”

“What does it say?” Kelly asked, leaning in close as well.

“It’s a heart,” Kitty said, finger tracing the carving. “And there’s two letters in it. The first one looks like an A.”

“And the second one?” Stella asked.

“I’m…not sure,” Kitty said. “Maybe an I, or a J? It could even be a U or a W. It was carved kind of badly.”

Before she could say more, Kitty was cut off by the sound of branches breaking, echoing from inside the grove of trees.

“What was that?” Cya gasped, scooting closer to Stella.

“It must have been the killer!” Kelly cried. “Guys, this is our chance to finally catch them!”

“Are you nuts?” Stella asked right back. “Cya, the killer already got so many of us—they don’t need to get any more.”

“She’s right,” Cats said. “Stella, Kelly, and I were able to see the bridge back to the mainland from the lawn we’d reached. If we go back that way we’ll be sure to get off this island in less than thirty minutes.”

“But shouldn’t we be trying to catch the person who’s doing this?” Cya asked.

“And risk another death?” Kitty asked. “Cya, I know you’re upset about what’s happening—we all are—but that’s no reason to go out looking for danger. Let’s follow Cats back to the bridge, then we can call the cops and let them handle this, okay?”

“No, not okay,” Cya said, scowling darkly. “You can let this go if you want, but I won’t. I’m going to stop this person once and for all.” And with that, Cya turned and bolted, her small form quickly swallowed up by the darkness of the forest.

“Cya!” Kitty shouted, moving to follow the girl. Cats’s hand on her shoulder stopped her short.

“Kitty, what she’s doing is nuts,” he said, his voice slow and firm. “And you going after her will be just as nuts. The best we can do for her now is get off this island and get some real help.”

“Okay, you’re right,” Kitty sighed. “Show me how to get off this stupid rock.”

Cats and the girls backtracked easily, Stella, Kelly, and Cats retracing their steps back to the open lawn that rounded the side of the creepy mansion that had become a resting place for so many of their number. Eventually they came to and passed the peak the trio had originally reached, a relived sigh escaping Kitty at the sight of their escape route.

“See, we’re almost there,” Stella said, smiling at the other girl. Kitty smiled back.

“It’s a good sight to see.”

“And you’re about to see another one,” Cats said. His gaze was swimming with his excitement as he motioned to the mansion’s front drive, which the group was now a mere dozen feet from.

“Oh, sweet!” Kelly gasped, jogging forward to the car that had been left outside of the building. It was one of the few the group had arrived in, and the only one still left outside the mansion.

“The killer must have moved all the other ones,” Cats said, grinning as they rounded the car. “I bet we get here before they could get rid of all of them. So, who’s car is this?”

“Ours,” Stella said, as Kelly pulled the keys from her pocket. She tossed them to Cats who climbed quickly into the driver’s seat, Kitty snagging shotgun and the other girls taking to the back seat.

“Ready to get out of here?” Cats asked, grinning back at the girls as he revved the engine.

“Let’s,” Kelly sighed, the others nodding their agreement.

With a roar of the engine and a squeal of tires Cats pealed out of the mansion’s circular car park, speeding quickly down the tree lined drive. Dark tree trunks flashed by, road vanishing beneath the car’s tires as the bridge began to rise up in the distance.

“We’re almost there!” Kitty cried, pointing to the structure.

“Phone reception, here we come,” Cats said, pushing the car to its max.

They were almost to the bridge before any of them realized something was wrong. It was Kelly who spotted it first, shouting from the back as she pointed out the windshield.

“Cats, stop! The bridge to the mainland is opening!”

The brakes squealed as Cats stomped them, the scent of burning rubber filling the air. Those not holding a steering wheel jerked forward, Kitty yelping as she head butted the dashboard, Stella sliding completely from her seat in the back.

“How is this happening?” Cats demanded, watching as the small bridge opened from its center, its two halves easing slowly into the sky.

“Oh my…look,” Kelly gasped. A hand to her forehead, Kitty looked up, following Kelly’s pointing finger. She and Cats spotted simultaneously what Kelly already had.

“It’s Cya,” Cats whispered. “She’s opening the bridge.”

Standing at the base of the bridge, Cya stood beside an open power box, hands moving quickly as she active the controls inside. She looked up as she worked, eyes wide with something more frightening than plane insanity as she stared down the car whose headlights illuminated her work.

“You won’t get away!” she shrieked when she realized she was being watched. “None of you will get away from me!”

Kelly whimpered something as she slipped back in her seat, hands covering her mouth. “What are we going to do now?” Stella asked.

“We’re stuck,” Kitty hissed. “There’s nothing we can do.”

“Except this.”

Kitty jerked her gaze to Cats, but before she could demand an answer the car’s engine was revving, the boy’s gaze locked on the bridge.

“Don’t you dare,” Kitty hissed, eyes wide.

“We’ll be fine,” Cats said. “It’s barely open, we can make it.”

“Make what?” Stella asked.

“We’re not doing it,” Kitty said. “We can find another way. A safer way!”

“Safer than what?” Stella demanded.

“It’s the only way,” Cats argued.

“To kill ourselves!”

“Just trust me, okay?”

“What’s going on?” Stella cried.

Her answer was the car rocketing forward, a cry of “This!” trailing from Cats lips as they barreled straight towards the opening bridge. Kitty barely got out an entire “You’re a maniac!” before they were airborne, the girl’s car flying across the gap in the bridge.

They landed hard, with a spray of sparks at the undercarriage scraped the ground, and then they were off, Cats’s foot never leaving the gas pedal as they rocketed off the bridge, the mansion nothing but an shadow fading in the distance.
--
The quartet wasted no time in contacting the authorities, who sent out men to scour the island for Cya. For almost twenty four hours they searched the island, but turned up nothing—no sign of Cya, of anyone living on the island, not even the bodies of those who’d disappeared or been found killed.

Only one thing turned up—a length of rope tailing from the cliffs at the far side of the island. A tiny cave entrance was found there, a six carved into the stone above it, although it lead into a cave system that authorities could only assume were completely underwater.

No one, they said, could possibly hope to escape into them and survive. And so they left the island, it’s bridge barricaded off but otherwise unwatched as the events of that single night slowly faded into memory.

Never again was activity reported on the island, which records showed still belonged to the community at Xana’s Lair. No activity at all.

Not even the single light that occasionally lit the base of the island, glowing, it seemed, from the depths of a small cave opening, marked only by a hanging rope and a haphazardly carved number six…
---
So, looks like you guys did it! After a lot of careful discussion, and a good hard look at all the clues provided, you lot worked had and puzzled through it. So, here's a break down of this round of murder and psychic:

Positions
Killer: Cya6
Psychic: RenaYumi

Clues
Round 1: The wooden doors with their flowers, and the wooden spear, both for the forst sector
Round 2: Again, more wood with the table, flowers in the cup, and poison based on Cya's information.
Round 3: The flower garden, again for the forest, and the pen to indicate a writer in the group.
Round 4: All the trees along the drive to suggest the mansion was forest sector like, as well as the trees the group finds Rena's body by.
Round 5: Yet more trees, poison, implied flowers, as well as the AxJ heart (Cya's a big fan, according to the polls) and, if there had been a death, notebook paper.

Great job everyone! I think I'll leave it to Shadows to make the call on another round of M&P. Of course, with activity like this I'd certainly like to play again :]
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 pm

^ That was very entertaining. I laughed at this part:

Kittyclaw wrote:“Don’t you dare,” Kitty hissed, eyes wide.

“We’ll be fine,” Cats said. “It’s barely open, we can make it.”

“Make what?” Stella asked.

“We’re not doing it,” Kitty said. “We can find another way. A safer way!”

“Safer than what?” Stella demanded.

“It’s the only way,” Cats argued.

“To kill ourselves!”

“Just trust me, okay?”

“What’s going on?” Stella cried.
I am definitely in for another round. Hopefully, with more time in the game. Congratz to the survivors. Even though I wanted you all to die. Big thanks to Kitty for doing all of this. Another great M&P round.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Razz

I figured poison'd be a dead giveaway. you know, cause I'm Cyanide?

Also, I knew Rena was the psychic when she accused me. Sad
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 pm

(I'm all for another round. This was excellent fun!)

Who voted for me? >Sad

wonder what gave me away in the end.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:01 pm

I voted for myself just in case someone was too smart or lucky and voted for the murderer at the beginning. Small sacrifice for the sake of having an active round.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Something I can see you doing, Legend. Kind of a pitty, 'cause I reeeeeeally wanted to kill you Sad

I bet Kitty voted for me when I told her I was gonna kill her next.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 pm

At first I honestly thought it was you, Kitty. Because while Shadows and I were talking, we figured out that it would be really hard to get a murderer and psychic within a day or two, which you did (forgot about Rena though). Besides, you were the forest mod, and all the forest references didn't help.

And I feel almost triumphant. You were my first guess, Cya, ever in this round...even if it may or may not have been using that random generator.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue14/18M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/5M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I volunteered right off the bat, 'caused it sounded epic to plan murders.

If it's any consolation Kelly, you would have been my last choice, if it had gotten that far.

My hopes had been for Kitty and Cats to leave (Kitty dying and Cats being voted off)

then it would be us three (Stella, Kelly, me)

Preferably, Stella would have been voted off, then I would have killed you, Kelly.

I was close. At least I didn't get booted first round (thanks to you not heeding your random generator guess, and Legend's selflessness)
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:28 pm

cya6 wrote:Kind of a pitty, 'cause I reeeeeeally wanted to kill you Sad
Better in the game than in RL. I feel for you. Maybe next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I want to play this next round, but I don't want to host.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 pm

no prob, snickie. I'll host, if possible!

(obviously, if anyone else wants to, they're open to claim it!)
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:50 pm

I voted you, by the way. :3
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 194

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/17M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue2/2M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/10M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

http://vgcats-rocks.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah, I voted for Stella :] I just voted for whoever was being least active at the time, or occationally to break ties. Thanks Legend (that might have been my favorite part of that scene too XD). And @ Kelly, I realized the clues were going like that. I figured the poison thing would help make it not me, and with Cya's name shortened on the site I figured it would be a solid clue that wasn't also obvious. And I was actually expecting it to go as Cya planned, with the three girls left--I'd even written the scene and everything. Alas, it wasn't meant to be Sad
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 pm

awww. I hate you Cats!

Sad

Nah, I just really wanted to kill more people. I should have voted you off days ago, when I first thought of it.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 am

I just wanted to know why people decided to vote me off. I didn't do anything and I hope you feel awful about yourself.

And what Kelly said, we were soooo sure it was either you or Cats, Kitty! Very Happy

Cya, if I hadn't been heinously voted off, when would have you killed me? Because I just know that you would have let me go!

And meanwhile, I'll leave this topic open for just a few more days for discussion/any loose ends, but I'll go make the next one right away. Cya, if you want, you can definitely host. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Hmm, good question. I would have kept you alive as long as people kept wondering if the darkness was a clue. But I voted for you, because my idea of a perfect round is one where 1 person dies, 1 person gets voted off. So I would have voted for who I thought was the most obvious.

That was you. So one reason you were voted off was 'cause I voted for you. But you would have died as soon as people stopped suspecting the darkness.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 am

Wow, my Internet modem is down for a few days & yet we still manage to catch a killer…

I really can’t believe that I didn’t make the connection between Cya & cyanide poisoning until just now…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue7/17M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue3/3M&P: Evolution - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Not bad Cya, not bad at all.

I'd volunteer to host but I can only promise being on once or twice a week.
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6