Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&P: Evolution

+9
RenaYumi
Eilorae
AeonFrodo
Kittyclaw
VGCats_Rocks
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
cya6
SeeMeInTheShadows
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty Re: M&P: Evolution

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Where'd ya go, Kitty? Is your internet still down?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 pm

I talked to her, her internet is on the blink, but she should be on to post soon. I ended up having to give her my vote over the phone, lol.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

RenaYumi wrote:I ended up having to give her my vote over the phone
Now that's a new way of doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, I also made her read her post to me because I couldn't get to a computer in a timely manner.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:35 pm

And you made her tell you the identity of the murderer. My cover is blown.

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 am

I'm abusive like that. but she's back online now.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 am

She is. And, after a long long wait, round two:

First, the votes! Not everyone sent in a vote, but here's the counts:

Aeon (/)
Cya (0)
Eil (1)
Kelly (0)
Kitty (0)
Legend (3)
Rena (0)
shadow74488 (Shade) (1)
Shadows (1)
SMARTAgentKC (KC) (0)
Stella (0)
VGCats (Cats) (2)

On to the story~!

For a while the group stood around, alternately clinging to one another and milling about uncertainly. No one seemed like they knew what to do, even less like any one of them wanted to be the one to make a decision.

Eventually it was KC, his eyes carefully averted from the scene of Aeon’s bloodied body, who ushered the group away from the gruesome scene. Once they were settled he produced his cell phone, asking others to follow suit when he discovered he couldn’t get service. One by one the others announced a similar discovery.

“It must be the island,” Shade said, “we’re too far from a cell tower to make calls.”

“Then we need to head back,” Kitty said, putting her own phone away. “Some of us can stay here while others go back to call for help.”

“Should some of us really stay?” Cya asked, frowning. “It’s obviously not very safe here. What if someone else is attacked?”

“Good point,” KC said. “Everyone stick together, we’re getting off of this island now.”

Together the group headed for the end of the hall, alternating between clinging to one another and muttering their disbeliefs. As soon as they reached the door Cats reached out, grabbing the handle and pushing.

The door didn’t budge.

“Not again,” KC hissed. Nudging Cats aside he grabbed the door and shook it.

“What do you mean ‘not again’?” Cats asked, eyeing the other boy. KC sighed, while Eil appeared beside him.

“You all ran ahead of us when you went down the hall,” she explained. “The doors shut behind you, and when KC and I tried to follow they’d locked.”

“Then how did you get to us?” Cats asked.

“They unlocked.”

The look Cats gave KC did not speak of being convinced.

“They unlocked,” he repeated, skeptical. KC frowned at him.

“Yes. Is that so hard to believe?”

“Kind of.”

“Guys, stop it,” Kitty said, stepping between the pair. Behind her the other XL members gathered around were watching the exchange with wide eyes. “Look, arguing isn’t going to help anyone. Maybe…maybe we should just go back the way we were going.”

“And have someone else killed?” Shade asked. “That’s a great idea.”

“Do you have any others?” Stella’s question was quietly spoken, the girl obviously trying to not sound accusing. Everyone stared back at her, Cats and Shade looking especially unhappy with her decision. But with no one able to actually dispute it the group eventually agreed to Kitty’s idea and, staying close, started to make their way back down the hall.

They braced themselves as they reached the section of hallway where Aeon had been left, but were shocked to find her body gone, not even a puddle of blood left behind. Whispers skittered across the group, but Rena gently shushed everyone, comforting those still struggling to calm themselves as they continued down the hall.

“Look!” It was Cya who spoke, motioning down the hall to a pair of double doors that had emerged from the gloomy hall.

“That must be where the dining hall is,” Kitty whispered to Legend, who nodded.

“Are you going through?” he asked.

“Nothing else to do, right?” Kitty addressed this to the whole group as she headed over to the doors. Shadows, sniffing and rubbing at red eyes, joined her. The two girls shared a look, and then each reached for a door handle.

And then the hall went dark.

Startled shouts filled the hallway, hands darting about to grab onto one another, people yelping in fear as they bumped against walls and each other.

“Everyone, stop moving!” Kelly shouted over the chaos. The sounds of shuffling slowly faded out, until only a frightened whimper echoed in the dark. “Is everyone okay?”

“I’m fine,” Eil said, “and so is…” she hesitated, squeezing the arm she’d grabbed.

“I am too,” Cya said. Others answered in kind.

Only one voice was missing.

“Does anyone have a hold of Legend?” Shadows asked. A few people called the boy’s name, some hands waving about in the dark, only to brush against XL’ers already accounted for.

“If this is a joke, it isn’t funny,” KC said. He sighed, and then asked, “Now what?”

As if in response to his words, the pair of double doors creaked open, spilling light across the group. Blinking the light from their eyes, the group searched for their missing friend.

He was nowhere to be found.

“So, now what?” Stella whispered. Kitty shrugged.

“Keep going.” Taking a deep breath she lead the way into the dining room, the others, after sharing uncertain and frightened looks, followed.

They found themselves in an ornately decorated dining room, rich velvet drapes and finely sculpted statues lining the walls. A massive chandelier hung from the ceiling, cut glass scattering glittering light across a massive carved table, laden with silver dishes.

Dishes piled high with food.

“I guess the diner was real after all,” Shade muttered, angry sarcasm in his voice. “And I was beginning to think it was all just a scam.”

“Well, we’re here,” KC said, glancing at Shade and then heading for the table. “We might as well eat.” No one followed as he took a seat, eyeing the table for a moment before taking the neatly folded napkin from the table and tucking it into his collar. Gaze scanning his options, he opted for a turkey leg from a platter next to him and, with a glance back to the others, began to chow down.

“It looks like it’s okay,” Kelly said slowly, and she and Shadows joined the table. One by one they filtered into the dining chairs, slowly beginning to load their plates and begin to eat. As they ate they began to relax, despite their circumstances, and started to talk freely if quietly. Rena and Kitty, at one end of the table, shared a smile. Sure, this mystery trip had been nothing but horrible so far, but maybe their luck was turning. They could get out of this, they were sure of it.

And then a strangled, choking sound came from across the table. Their gazes darted up to find KC clutching his throat, eyes wide and lips turning blue. His glass lay on its side, his drink spilling across the table and dripping down to the floor. He coughed twice, something white a foamy forming along his lips, and then he fell face first into his plate.

Everyone froze, food hanging from hands while all eyes fixed themselves on KC. No one needed to check him—what had happened was already clear to all.

They’d lost another of their number to this mystery mansion.

KC was dead.

Same deal as before. PM me your votes by...let's go with Sunday night, 8pm, to make sure everyone gets a chance to read and chat about the new clues.

Last edited by Kittyclaw on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 pm

I disappear and you guys start eating? where is the love?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Oh, I forgot to include the vote info. Legend, you're out. Sorry buddy :[
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 pm

*Someone edit this to my above post*

Whoever voted for me (you know who you are) is going to die.

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Oh, I was wondering why two people died in this one.

So what, KC choke to death?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm

I did not die. Got voted off.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm

no, I get that now. Just the first time reading it, I was confused. I guess it wasn't you, then, was it Sad
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 pm

KC appears as a spirit as studies his former body. "hmm... I died too quickly for it to be a choke. I would have to say it was poison something that caused my throat to seal tight disabling my ability to breathe that's is one of the many weakness my real form has...
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:32 pm

woah, KC! Are you allowed to do that Razz

Very Happy one of the many weaknesses... Smile

Well, I have to admit, the theme being food, poison would definately be on the list of possible ways to die.

It seems like KC's the person who's the most eager to eat, but he dies. I think Kelly's the first person to eat, maybe it's her?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am

I thought somebody’s lips turned blue when they froze to death, not from getting poisoned…Maybe that’s a clue?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 am

maybe. weren't there penguins in the first post? Maybe it's got something to do with the ice sector?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am

Because I like to grasp at straws...

Maybe darkness has something to do with it all? Two times now we've been in darkness and then someone was murdered. And maybe also something to do with doors, because the mansion seems to have a habit of locking the doors on everyone whenever we're trying to get anywhere (here, I would totally suspect John for his habit of crashing through walls/doors, but alas, I have to remember that not everyone is playing this).

It also seems like the person has to be a ninja or something. I mean, really, how else would they get Aeon's body and stash it somewhere? Shouldn't it like smell or something? Or there should be a trace of the cleaning supplies or I don't know...something? Crime shows aren't always accurate, but still! (I know, I know, I agree that I am really the next Sherlock Holmes)
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue14/18M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/5M&P: Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Kitty, if you call those clues we need to play Clue a few times. I'm having a hard time making heads or tails... can I get a role call? Aeon, Legend and KC are gone, right?
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Yep. Rena, Kitty, Stella, Kelly, Shadows, Cya, Eil, Shade, and Cats remain.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Kittyclaw wrote:Yep. Rena, Kitty, Stella, Kelly, Shadows, Cya, Eil, Shade, and Cats remain.
Ah, just as I thought, the Killer must be...Enzo.

I find that mention of birds a little unerving, and the words carved table still implies wood. Don't get me wrong, I could be completely clueless as to what's going on. Birds especially sticks out to me, so I'm going to go and say that that is a clue. Maybe. Of course, I ce seems like a pretty good guess to, because, rereading it, the discription of the chandelier seemed very pretty but maybe like snow??? I honestly don't know. (Hey, that rhymed).
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 am

You guys are doing some brilliant detective work! But don't stop now--votes are due Sunday night (I believe) by 8pm, and I've only got three so far. Don't forget that killers, psychics, and hosts vote too, so if the game's civilians (that's you guys) don't want to be over ruled you've got to get your votes in!
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 am

So I was thinking of another thing. At one point it says, 'finely sculpted statues'. I could just be grasping at straws, but for the most part, you sculpt stone or ice, implying ice or moutain, though ice is more heavily implied.

Shadows brought up the possibility of a carved wood table, but I was also thinking: The possible sculpted statues, the glass chandilier (which could imply snow or ice, as Shadows said), and the silver dishes (again, implying snow or ice), along with the artic birds from the first scene, and KC's blue lips which may imply cold...

I don't know, it seems to be pointing toward ice. Of course, there's the carved table and wooden spear, implying forest.

Or I could be totally off base here. Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 am

People are dying... woooooo!!!!

Last edited by Snickie on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down