Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

+25
Koneko on lyoko
Dr. J
Umbra Animus
LongHairedAelita
CarthagoDelenda
Neron641
RenaYumi
_Odd_
Snickie
Tsunamix
SkystoneNumairian
eseiprahs
SeeMeInTheShadows
AeonFrodo
aelitaxwilliam
PeaceKeeper2014
Smartguy5000
Soul Jelly
cya6
Atlas
Stella Luce 333
LovelyMadness13
A_QueenOfFairys
Dobermutt
SolanaStern15
29 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty Re: Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by eseiprahs Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Sorry everyone, but, I don't like CLE.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Health::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue18/18Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Energy::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Experience::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty Re: Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 am

Why apologise? It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. As long as you're not bashing people who do like it I don't see a problem.

Also English version preview out later this month on Kabillion, probably dubbed by either Moonscoop or Kabillion.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 am

Hopefully, that also means it’ll be on their site, for those of us who don’t have access…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue7/17Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue3/3Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:43 pm

If it is not on their site, it will probably be uploaded to YouTube, Stella.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue18/18Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 am

That’s true…I forgot that they had a You Tube account, lol…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue7/17Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue3/3Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:11 pm

After evaluating the series myself, I realized this isn't the series I grew up with.

Bon
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I am not one to scrutinize a new series based on an older series, mainly because if a series stayed the same through every reincarnation, there would be no creativity for the new producer.

I just have never been in favor of live action. I think live action is always corny and low budget.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 am

eseiprahs wrote:I am not one to scrutinize a new series based on an older series, mainly because if a series stayed the same through every reincarnation, there would be no creativity for the new producer.

I just have never been in favor of live action. I think live action is always corny and low budget.

I would've liked live action, but I didn't know the show was going to be so slow paced. XANA doesn't attack in this show.

Bon
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 am

That's another decent reason to dislike it. It could be difficult for producers to make a show move by at just the right pace. The same goes for writers, I know I have that problem sometimes. Neutral
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:09 am

Maybe XANA isn’t strong enough to attack?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 pm

It doesn't seem to be since all his "attacks" now are spectres to absorb source codes.

I want to see XANA create a situation where the kids have to go to Lyoko because XANA's about to destroy the world. Or send spectres to the factory to knock out Jeremie and replace him at the supercomputer so that they're tricked, like in Double Trouble. And he can bug up the avatars too and possibly get the source codes that way.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 am

I think that getting the source codes is possibly one part of a much bigger plan…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:46 pm

I don't think this is considered spoiler material, but did anyone else notice the bottom of an n64 on the super computer in the first Evolution episode?
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:06 am

So..... do we have any overall ratings for the new viewer here? I'd like to know what I'm getting into.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue5/10Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue4/12Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/5Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Raku Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

Atlas wrote:So..... do we have any overall ratings for the new viewer here? I'd like to know what I'm getting into.
When you say new viewer, what exactly do you mean?
I can give you a general overview in so much that, in terms of plot everything is more or less fine and if you watch it for plot you should be perfectly fine. I cannot really recommend watching it for much else really, well unless you like dub-step as a style of music.

The acting is poor and the camera work, when we are in the real world, is terrible. That is probably due to the problem of actually transitioning to live action...the camera work in Code Lyoko and shot composition was generally boring anyways, but they made up for that by having it be really, really colourful, which live action simply cannot do.

The Lyoko Sections are perfectly fine. they put in some really good work with the effects and generally, although a bit too inspired by Tron in some areas and this general odd feeling of change it is very good.

Now as to what I personally think of the Series, I hate it. It being live action certainly does not help matters.

Dark Raku
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Um, okay.
You like it for plot and dubstep and Lyoko sections (especially if you like Tron).
But everything else is bad?

Keep in mind the size of their budget. How well did they do with what they had?
Could they have done better? Probably. Could it be worse? Definitely. I happen to think most of the camera work is fine, though it irks me a little when there's outfit inconsistency in certain scenes. That was especially the case with episode 16, I think, in the last part of the episode when it was the next day.

Would you like to elaborate on "the acting is poor"? I'm not really getting any clear impressions off of that other than you think it's bad. Why do you think it's bad?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Raku Wed May 01, 2013 4:36 am

Snickie wrote:Um, okay.
You like it for plot and dubstep and Lyoko sections (especially if you like Tron).
But everything else is bad?

Yes.

Asd it is, I don't like it for the dub-step. It isn't my type of music.

Snickie wrote:Keep in mind the size of their budget. How well did they do with what they had?

Considering the size of the budget was huge...not very well? I'll give you it looks pretty and the CGI work is impressive, but it does not feel to me like it is Code Lyoko it feels more like Tron Evolution in style...it looks too digital to me almost. It is like I am watching a show that is trying to be another show entirely and failing when it comes to it's direction in that regard. I mean, if they were using the budget to make a sequel to Code Lyoko then due to the fact it doesn't feel like Code Lyoko...I can't really bring myself to say they used it well.

They probably did the best they could...but still. I don't see any reason to praise something in its translation from one medium to another when that translation seemingly took everything I liked about the show away.

Snickie wrote:Could they have done better? Probably. Could it be worse? Definitely. I happen to think most of the camera work is fine, though it irks me a little when there's outfit inconsistency in certain scenes. That was especially the case with episode 16, I think, in the last part of the episode when it was the next day.

My problem with the camerawork is the shots are boring, the lighting sometimes seems wrong and overexposed and honestly things are just dull to look at because the over use of colour does not translate at all well to live action and usually there is not actually anything interesting going on so the dullness of it all sticks out to me. You at least got shot variety of the animated series more so than long-shot, mid-shot, close up for conversation. There seemed to be more interesting positions of shots than there are now.

Snickie wrote:Would you like to elaborate on "the acting is poor"? I'm not really getting any clear impressions off of that other than you think it's bad. Why do you think it's bad?

They have about seemingly all three facial expressions do not really seem to react to anything and when they do it is always with exactly the same look and they deliver most of their lines completely flat. In short, there is rarely any passion behind what they are saying. And even when there is, I still get see the same three facial expressions that all seem to donate boredom which makes the scenes to me feel really weird.

Dark Raku
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 am

It’s ok if you don’t like Evolution, but I think I can say this without spoiling anything…After the first few episodes where they get everything set up & bring new viewers up to speed on what’s happened, they start hinting at things in a way that reminds me of the original series…Some things just get better with time…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9