Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

+25
Koneko on lyoko
Dr. J
Umbra Animus
LongHairedAelita
CarthagoDelenda
Neron641
RenaYumi
_Odd_
Snickie
Tsunamix
SkystoneNumairian
eseiprahs
SeeMeInTheShadows
AeonFrodo
aelitaxwilliam
PeaceKeeper2014
Smartguy5000
Soul Jelly
cya6
Atlas
Stella Luce 333
LovelyMadness13
A_QueenOfFairys
Dobermutt
SolanaStern15
29 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty Re: Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 am

I thnk that "collge" is the Frnch term for high schol...I thnk I lernnd that in Frnch 101 a few semstrs back, but I relly didn't lern much in that class...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Health::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Energy::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty Re: Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by eseiprahs Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am

But then again...Gym/Jim could be a creeper....0-O
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue18/18Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Very true ^
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Stella Luce 333 wrote:I thnk that "collge" is the Frnch term for high schol...I thnk I lernnd that in Frnch 101 a few semstrs back, but I relly didn't lern much in that class...
Yup, Collège Kadic is the name of the school in French. Collège is junior high, lycée senior high. And there are no American-style colleges in France.

Kadic is a collège and a lycée combined, just like Lycée Lakanal (and Australian schools hehe, school years 6-12), which means until they turn 18 they don't have to leave that one school. Convenient for animation and Yumi being one year ahead. Then after high school they can go to university, grand école (which is like school but focuses on one subject) or a couple of other things. But not college because they don't exist in France.

You've gotta remember that the American way of schooling isn't the only one o;

Man, Jim's actor would have so much fun. That would be a really entertaining role to play |D
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Just curious, does it bother anyone else that the characters will sound different in live action? Obviously different people will be playing them than those who voiced them. I don't know, I just think when they start to talk my brain will be all, "Hey, that's not what they sound like! GRAAHH!"

Anyone?
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Yeah, a little. (ALthough Jeremie's voice changed pitch every few seasons, so it won't be too werid, I don't think...) Hopefully the actors will be able to fit the personality- and pay respect to the orignal voice actors- of those charciters. I'm more worried that they might try to make it sounds TOO much like the cartoon voices, which wouldn't boad well....^^;
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Oh yeah, Jeremie's voice was all over the place. xD They'd do well to try to remember how the animated characters behaved.

In the end I'm just afraid of this turning out like the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie. Poor acting, bad casting, ect. The only upper hand Evolution has is the fact that it's continuing the story and it has more time to do it.

I think I speak for almost everybody when I say the anticipation is exciting, yet also frightening at the same time.
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I think I have thought about that Sky. And I just hope that Odd's voice is adorable and awesome! I'm so looking forward to seeing Odd!!! XD
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue18/18Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm pretty sure that if they're going to dub it in English, they'll at least try to get the original English VAs back.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Good point, I didn't think abotu what would happen for the English version.
Maybe the kids could learn English and do it...but then they'd have the accents (although that would be a bad thing...it'd be cool actually....) I wonder if the girl playing Yumi is going to speak French with a slightly Japanese accent. Sometimes I swear the VA in the English version was giving her a bit of a Asian lilt sometimes...
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't know...I haven't even really thought about how it'll be in french...Oh well! It should still be good. I watched a whole One Piece movie in like Japanese one time a lonnnngngnng time ago haha
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I was wondering about that too. I'm kinda hoping it will be subbed...unless they do a really, really good dub (or the kids know English). Well, we'll see. And yeah, I was a little unsure about the characters having different voices. But it might not bother me as much if it's in French, since I watched the show in English, it wouldn't make that big a difference. I do hope Odd will still be squeaky...kinda. Lol.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Haha, I'm just excited! Will it be on Cartoon Network or what?
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I read on a not-very-reliable (a.k.a. unofficial) site that the English dub was going to be filmed separately in London. I don't remember what site it was on, though, so I couldn't link it or anything. I really hope they don't, though. I'd rather they dub over the kids' voices with the original English voice actors.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm honestly not much of a fan of any of the original voice actors, in fact, the voices are one of my biggest pet peeves about CL (I grew to get used to them, if not appreciate them, but overall they just seemed to be an awkward mess). But that's just kinda what I thought. The original VAs would add to the CL aspect, reminding us it's the same thing, but if they chose different voices, I most likely wouldn't be shedding any tears.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm

I never really had a problem with most of the voices, but something just bugged me about Jeremie's. Especially in the early episodes it was very awkward, like he was trying to speak as low as he could all the time. And don't get me started on how breathy Aelita talked.

Yeah, now that I think about it, new voices would be weird, but I guess I would get used to them in time.
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm

I didn't like the transition of Jeremie's voice from season 2 to season 3. I mean, I got used to it, but at times it started sounding too much like Aelita.

As for Aelita's voice maybe the change between seasons 1 and 2 can be explained that during that time between seasons she spent more and more time on earth and learned to articulate more. Or maybe her talking in season 1 was breathy because it usually was mostly through the computer which had sketchy sound quality. If they do use the original VA's, I hope Aelita's is at least similar to how her voice ended up in season 4.

Odd's voice was strange in some of the episodes of the first season. Compare "Teddygodzilla" & "Logbook" and "Seeing is Believing," for example. In the former two, his voice is a bit more like you would expect an adolescent boy's to be. Maybe the voice actor had a sore throat or something. Regardless, I will be very upset if, given they DO use English VAs for the dub, they don't rehire Matthew Geczy.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah, I did like the way Aelita's voice ended up later in the series, it's just her voice made me cringe a few times in the earlier episodes. But I guess all voice actors have their days.

And wasn't a different VA used for Odd in the first episode? I can never find a great cast list, but I'm almost sure of that. If not, there certainly was a drastic change in those episodes you mentioned.

Eh, who knows. They could put together a new cast completely for the dub, or bring everybody back. As long as they do it well, it won't matter so much to me.
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 am

I kind of hope that the actrs know Englsh...Dubbng wold be prtty diffclt (unlss they took ther time to relly do it right), & I thnk it wold be hard to get a netwrk to pick it up if it was subbd...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Thoughts on Code Lyoko Evolution - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 am

Well we already know that Cartoon Network probably isn't going to pick it up again anyway because of the way they screwed over Totally Spies and Code Lyoko season 4 (and Teen Titans too, I think). I think Kabillion would do it; they still have a lot of Code Lyoko stuff on their website. Problem for me is that our cable company doesn't offer Kabillion. Maybe they'll be nice enough to post the videos on Kabillion's website even if there's a delay between the TV airing and it appearing online there.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 am

I think it could be likely that actors know english. I wouldn't be adverse to them having accents if that is the case.

But we'll see, we'll see...
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

I think that a) I should voice act every character (no I don't, that would be awful). b) Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking. XLTV. We'll pick it up. (nope, sorry guys, that is not happening).

Yeah, there was a different voice actor in a few of the episodes. I think I could have gotten used to it and grown to love it if they had used it instead. I like Odd's voice better when he's talking normally, which is usually lower. High pitched is alittle......yeah. Luckily if they're actually using real people, his French voice will be better at least.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

I could probably do a decent Aelita. Or Jeremie, 'course my Jeremie generally sounds mean and cynical. But I think that's a GREAT idea! XLTV! Come on, it'd work! Very Happy
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

I wanna do Yumi! I wanna be Yumi! Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Snickie wrote:I wanna do Yumi!
So does Ulrich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next