Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Aelita and Ulrich

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Lately I've been gathering this growing sense that Aelita doesn't have as much of a personal relationship with Ulrich as she does with each of the other members of Team Lyoko. It's outlined a little bit in Soul's crack!ship story "Afternoon Lesson"..

Aelita and Odd are great friends. She can talk to him about how to get through to Jeremie, food, music, whatever. He came to her when she was down in "Aelita" and she agreed to help him out in "Replika" to lead away Nicolas and Herve even after her squabble with him from that morning. His bad jokes make her laugh. It's blatantly obvious she likes him (in a non-romantic platonic kind of way). Yumi and Aelita are the two girls, so they can talk about all the girly stuff like boys and....girly stuff. I don't think I need to say anything more about their friendship. Aelita and Jeremie are obviously in love. Nothing else needs to be said here either. I think Aelita feels sorry for William and is the only one who made any real efforts to try to be nice to William when the rest of the group did. Even though he made a mistake, she still trusts him, and I think he respects her for that.

Ulrich and Jeremie were sort of friends to begin with (the way he refused to leave his room when Jer was attacked by those robots seems indicative of this), and he agreed to help Jeremie with Aelita. He's Jeremie's go-to man for trying to get through to Aelita. Ulrich and Odd are roommates and also in the same classes, so they were bound to have some kind of friendship at some point. Ulrich and Yumi are clearly meant for one another, and it's blatantly obvious to everybody except for themselves. Their relationship is pretty clear to the audience. Ulrich is jealous that William seems to be holding on to Yumi's attention better than he can because Ulrich wants Yumi for himself and William is an obstacle to that.

But what about Ulrich and Aelita? The way I'm growing to see it, Ulrich is there to help Aelita on Lyoko and doesn't have very much one-on-one time with her when they're on Earth, so that dynamic is never really seen. I hope they explore a bit more into that for season five (which is another reason why I absolutely love Soul's "Afternoon Lessons" oneshot). He's like her older brother, I suppose: he looks out for her, but only because he sort of has to; it's a duty of his.

Any comments on this pair?

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I think you pretty much summed it up in comparing him to an older brother, but I'd even go a bit farther away and say he's almost like a friend of her older brother. Though maybe not that far either.

I'd definitely like to see some more of their friendship, but I'm not really sure how it would start. They don't really have anything in comment. Aelita has the mischevious streak that makes her a good friend to Odd (they have such a great friendship relationship too, I'd love to see more of that. I like cousin!OxA as much if not more than love!OxA, but that's offtopic). But it's the same mischevious streak that's toned down and just far enough to the side that it doesn't connect with Aelita. And Jeremie's trait of smartness that doesn't translate well to Ulrich at all.

I wonder how much of this was intentional- make sure that Aelita's and Ulrich's love interests were as clear as could be.

Though, I don't think the friendships are nearly elaborated on as much as they should be on the show.

_________________
Yay Co
The Shadow
Kohls, much?
avatar
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Atlas on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Well speaking honestly the reason we don't see the "dynamic" between Ulrich and Aelita is frankly because there really isn't one to start with.

You pointed out ways that Aelita relates to other characters in the gang, but even as I write this I can't recall any time where Ulrich and Aelita really shared any sort of relationship that went beyond the Lyoko setup.

Aelita had other places to go for these things and Ulrich isn't a very inviting person anyway.

But I can't wait to see S5 resolve this and finally reveal that U x A was the one true pairing all along.

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 am

So if older brother is too close and older brother's friend is too far, then what about her older brother's best friend? Or a half/step!brother only one year older that live with the same parents most of the time (those metaphorical parents being Odd, Yumi, and Jeremie).

I think Ulrich missed a great opportunity with Aelita in that she is of the same sexual persuasion as Yumi. Sure Aelita and Yumi don't have the same interests, but Aelita could have helped him with getting through to Yumi. A lot better than Odd could have, anyway. And through that they could have developed a friendship. Some kind of dynamic that's more than what they have now. And he could offer some more help with her and Jeremie.

In ep57 "Aelita", I wonder why it didn't occur to Ulrich to check on Aelita after she ran off during lunch, and then acted so normally when Jeremie asked about her in the library when she was clearly very upset. What would have happened if he had gone instead of Odd? What if he had gone /with/ Odd? In retrospect, what if he thought he was doing the best for her by letting her mope and come back when she felt like it (since he knows so much about sulking)? Which begs the question of what right did he have to be angry at her when she wasn't showing up on time due to her sulking when he had done the same thing multiple times before ("Marabounta" and "Swarming Attack" to an extent)?

I love Ulrich. I really do. But I can't figure him out sometimes. (Maybe that's why I love him so much.)

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by LovelyMadness13 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 am

hmm...I agree with the older brother idea. (your summer was epic, by the way, snickie. ^^) Even he's in her grade, he just seems sort the strong silent guy who you can lean on, so she might look up to him. I think he respects her as a fellow warrior, since they've helped each other out a bit in fighting. Plus Ulrich is happy to tease Jeremie about his realationship with Aelita (heh, Jeremie talks in his sleep after all ^^) so I think he also just likes her as a person, or he might not be so nonchalant about.
But he's a strange dude sometimes, like you guys said, and he forgets a bit. He get's all emotional or down in the dumps- or angry, and then he sort of just is "i don't care, meh" about everyone, including Aelita. Oh well...mystery men have their problems. That's why we love them. ^^;
avatar
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Atlas on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 am

I really don't see the older brother relation here best friend, friend or not. It just isn't there either in the "wise older brother" or the "jerk older brother who tries to piss you off".

And I don't see the "strong, silent type" in this either. Really, the show just tells us this more than we actually see it for ourselves. I mean, for a strong, silent type Ulrich has a tendency to flip out and sulk. On the other hand, he seems almost apathetic to internal problems like some of you have already posted above.

In complete honesty I think Antefilms/Moonscoop had a general direction for the character of Ulrich but didn't really know how to execute it and it ends up being almost contradictory.

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:12 pm

But not all older brothers fit into one of those two stereotypes. I'm thinking of a "okay, I'll look after you, but only because Jeremie asked" relationship. They eat together because she's friends with the same people he's friends with, and that gives them their common denominator.

I want them to lock Aelita and Ulrich in the same Earth place together with nobody else and no contact with Jeremie or anybody else, and see how that pans out.

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Stella Luce 333 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:24 am

I think there’s more to it than that. I can see him asking Alita for home work help, especially since Jeremy is often very busy…I also want to say that he’s stood up for her when Sissy makes mean comments, but I can’t remember the episode…
avatar
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Health::
7/17  (7/17)
Energy::
3/3  (3/3)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Soul Jelly on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am

Firstly, muchos love for enjoying the fic Snickie <3 It was a difficult one to write purely because like you say, we have so little to go on as far as Aelita and Ulrich are concerned. It's a (platonic) pair I'd also like to see more of in Series 5.

I've only skimmed the thread right now so I'll be back later to comment on everyone's comments. But for now:

The way I see it, they're brought together purely by their mutual friends. Whereas Odd and Ulrich (maybe Jér too), and obviously Ulrich and Yumi, would be friends without the supercomputer to bring them together, these two would probably never cross paths in a 'normal' universe.

I certainly think there's admiration on both sides, even without a lot in common; Ulrich finds Aelita fascinating (as a virtual entity and as an intelligent person; kind of the same way he admires Jér's intellect because it's something he isn't himself capable of) and has a brotherly/warrior-esque obligation to protect her. Aelita meanwhile, respects Ulrich's qualities as a friend and a warrior.

If their respective love interests weren't so prominent, and Ulrich and Aelita could find a little common ground somehow, there might even be the beginnings of romantic potential there.

(I also have this tendency to think that whoever found the supercomputer first would be Aelita's love interest so XD)
avatar
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Posts : 1231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Soul Jelly wrote:(I also have this tendency to think that whoever found the supercomputer first would be Aelita's love interest so XD)
OMGGGGGGPLOT BUNNIES.

Because I don't have enough Xana Awakens AU plot ideas. Razz

Though, even if Ulrich did find the supercomputer, which is a rather big if...I don't know where I'd see that going, so I'll type it out as I think it out. I think Ulrich would head to Lyoko, more for the adventurous aspect and curiosity then anything. I think he's see Aelita as a real person, and they would do some form of cute-flirty-type-friend-thing. Then, they would materialize Aelita, and they would eventually get together, but it would be incredibly angstful.

Seriously, I can't see any relationship with them, friendship or platonic, being anything but angstful.

_________________
Yay Co
The Shadow
Kohls, much?
avatar
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:09 pm

How would he get to Lyoko? Jeremie's the super computer genius. Would it also be OOC?

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 pm

ulrich and aelita is the most taboo pair that ive found in the code lyoko world of fanfiction. personally i love the pair. i have a in progress fan fic on my site as we speak. unfortunately i always seem to get flames no matter what.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by cya6 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Just sayin, that's probably not why people flame. most likely they just hate your formatting. If you fix your formatting you'll get more positive reviews, and probably less flames
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 pm

If it's the one where Ulrich and Aelita have sex in the bathtub in chapter 3, then I've read it. I agree, the formatting and grammar structure aren't great, and you should probably get a beta reader.

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Soul Jelly on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am

Snickie wrote:If it's the one where Ulrich and Aelita have sex in the bathtub in chapter 3

Snickie wrote:Ulrich and Aelita

Snickie wrote:sex in the bathtub

I am so sold on this.

(I probably won't read until the paragraphing is fixed though, just 'cause walls of text are a huge strain on my eyes. Sorry ;_; People shouldn't flame you for that though, a politely worded comment is more than adequate to point it out. I do think people devoted to the canon ships are mostly likely to initially react with distaste to the ship. Welp, haters gonna hate. Keep writing! )

/

SeeMeInTheShadows wrote:
Soul Jelly wrote:(I also have this tendency to think that whoever found the supercomputer first would be Aelita's love interest so XD)
OMGGGGGGPLOT BUNNIES.

Because I don't have enough Xana Awakens AU plot ideas. Razz

Though, even if Ulrich did find the supercomputer, which is a rather big if...I don't know where I'd see that going, so I'll type it out as I think it out. I think Ulrich would head to Lyoko, more for the adventurous aspect and curiosity then anything. I think he's see Aelita as a real person, and they would do some form of cute-flirty-type-friend-thing. Then, they would materialize Aelita, and they would eventually get together, but it would be incredibly angstful.

Seriously, I can't see any relationship with them, friendship or platonic, being anything but angstful.

This would be the cutest thing ever, I absolutely implore you to write it Shadows. Write iiiiiit Razz
avatar
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Posts : 1231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by lunarstar14 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm

I love Ulrich x Aelita. I don't know why I never listed it as one of my favorite CL pairings, but it is so one of my favorites. :3 ^_^

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 67

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Atlas on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I've actually used this pairing as a troll pairing for the exact reason mentioned in the OP; they simply don't interact.

To reply to a different post though, if Ulrich was the first person to find the Supercomputer (and you wanted to write something serious) I would probably stay pretty true to the original X.A.N.A. Awakens.

He would decide that it would be better off to keep the thing shut off and to call the police. However, he would reflect more on it and regret the cruelty(in his eyes) and then just shrug off the police call saying it was just a prank.

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by lunarstar14 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 pm

A troll pairing? They're better than just a troll pairing! D:

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 67

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Alright, now you've all done it. I'm temporarily abandoning Readon so that I can write a UxA fic. THERE. ARE YOU HAPPY? BECAUSE I SURE AM. Twisted Evil

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by lunarstar14 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Snickie! Dooo iiiit! ^_^

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 67

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Beliiieeevee meeee! I'm doooing iiiit! 8D

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Atlas on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

This is SO a troll pairing! As I said, they literally have nothing to say to each other outside of "Aelita, head to the tower!" and "Ulrich, Krabe behind you!"

UxA is like that really weird teenage girl who takes her Ulrich and Aelita dolls and plays Married with them in her Barbie playhouse because she thinks they are the prettiest dolls and they would make great babies.

I just don't get it.

Well actually no, I do get it but only if you promote this pairing because it ruins UxY and JxA. But then we circle back to the troll pairing idea.

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by QuinSeparable on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Eh, I could see how people think that AxU could be a troll pairing, I really do, but I disagree that it's all it really is.

The UlrichxAelita pairing personally intrigues me because of the lack of interaction between them in the show. A good writer can develop their relationship between them through a longer fic. I'm interested in the pairing despite the fact that I love YuLrich and JerLita (and a variety of other pairings but this isn't the thread for that...)

It definitely is a shame that Ulrich and Aelita don't really interact all that much but I wouldn't say that they are only friends because of their mutual friends. I mean I have a "friend" that's really only a friend because her boyfriend and I have been best friends for years and if it weren't for that fact I wouldn't hang out with her. I just don't see that being the case with Ulrich and Aelita. I mean, yes, they don't interact a lot (read: hardly) but I don't see them just never speaking again if the group were to go their separate ways.

It's a complex relationship I feel (which is another reason I'm interested in the pairing myself). Of course the entire group's dynamic is pretty unique because of Lyoko and how they all met. Who's to say that, if Lyoko wasn't a factor, that Yumi and Odd would have become friends? Or even Odd and Jeremie? Yes it seems that Ulrich and Aelita were just kind of thrown together via fate\destiny\whatever-you'd-like-to-call-it, but I think we're not giving them enough credit as friends.

I know this is a TV show but and it doesn't exist, but hypothetically speaking, each episode only gives us a brief glimpse into their lives. What happens with the other 15-20 hours a day that we don't see? Who's to say that (if this were real) they don't interact more and we just don't see it?

Okay...I'm done.
avatar
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Snickie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:33 pm

ASDFGHSDLKGAJS NOW LOOK WHAT I'VE GONE AND DONE.

(Ahem... this isn't the story I originally started for this thread. It's something I wrote in the last two-and-a-half hours because it's a plotbunny that's been sitting in my head begging to be written and nagging me nonstop for the past week and now I've done it, woohoo. Anyway, that other story is sitting on Word with less than 500 words right now)

_________________
Snickie's wordy story stuffs and colorful picture thingies and dragons
Desert Sector Love:

The Life of A Fanfic Writer:
avatar
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

View user profile http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Atlas on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 am

Seriously, with the way people pair characters in CL we might as well draw the pairings out of a hat. >.>

Anyway, alright let's concede that Ulrich and Aelita are friends.

.....ok then. No pairing detected.

Edit: Snickie's story actually seems like a cool setup.


_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aelita and Ulrich

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum