Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Random topic for Random Things

+13
No.1JerlitaFan
aelitaxwilliam
juejue
Koneko on lyoko
cya6
Dr. J
Snickie
Stella Luce 333
The Pastamancer
Umbra Animus
eseiprahs
Atlas
dEaTh_bat_pRiDe
17 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty Re: The Random topic for Random Things

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 am

Using 'fall' gets redundant when you start talking about the falling leaves and whatnot (the word just has so many uses, heh). Autumn is prettier, but I'd feel really weird using it.

I'm soooo excited for apple picking and cider doughnuts and the changing leaves alksflalsf
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue14/18The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue4/5The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty Re: The Random topic for Random Things

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Autumn is so great <3 

I would quite like to just skip September and it be October.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/1The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:47 pm

I also like autumn because I can wear my sweaters. I have some pretty comfy ones, so I can't wait to wear them!
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:09 pm

I think it's really cool how the prettiest sounding season includes the month that has the nicest name. Autumn and October. Just listen to the sound of October when you say it in your head....doesn't it just sound lovely!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Male Posts : 2598

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivona no Fyra Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Personally, I give my preference to November. Wink
Ivona no Fyra
Ivona no Fyra
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:30 pm

I don't know, October just has that nice, stern sound to it thanks to the "Oc" part.

Did you know in Russian, October is spelled Октябрь?
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 am

I didn't know that. Did you know that the months in Chinese are literally just January= yi yue/month 1 and so on. They don't have nice names Sad
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/1The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Aw, when I first started reading that sentence, I was expecting some rad name for January. Oh well ..
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I know! When we were learning them I was expecting something cool and then it was just that! 

I suppose it makes sense though, most things have a really logical name, like aeroplane is fei ji which literally translates as flying machine and computer translates to electronic brain, or something like that.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

coffee is so delish
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue18/18The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 am

Coffee sounds really good right now actually...
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:35 pm

There are also some really funny words in Chinese...like turkey (if you translated it very literally) is 'fire chicken.' I always get a laugh at that one Smile
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue14/18The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue4/5The Random topic for Random Things - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Russian for January is pronounced "yan-VAR-yah"

February is "fev-RAL-yah"

March is "MART" Sad

April is "ah-PRYEHL-yah"

May is "maiy" (pronounced like MY)

June is "ee-YOON-yah"

July is "ee-YOOL-yah"

August is "AHV-goost"

September is "ceem-TYAHBR-yah"

October is "oak-TYAHBR-yah"

November is "no-YAHBR-yah"

and last but not least

December is "deh-KAHBR-yah"
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 am

I almost got the chance to learn Russian at school, then the teacher left Sad
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Aww that's too bad, Russian is such a cool language. Tomorrow is a B-Day for me so I get my first day of Russian II during 2nd Block.
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I could learn Russian here, but I would kind of prefer to stick to a language where I don't have to learn a whole new alphabet.
Which means I would be open to learning Greek. lol
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Greek and Russian have almost the same alphabet! xD The man who invented the Russian alphabet was Byzantine, and guess what language they spoke...you got it....Greek! xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes, but it would be too weird reading backwards capital N's to sound like e's while e's sound totally different and weird.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 am

the e's make a "yeh" sound. xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 am

Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 pm

GOD DAMN! WHAT IS TODAY??? I HAVE NO IDEA JUST TELL ME!!!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm

ITS WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4th 2013!!

... I really want a tshirt with Jean saying "What is it, Eren?"
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I know that it's september 4th......but what's so special that snickie keeps asking if I know what day it is?!!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Because it's HUMP DAAAAY, YEAH!
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

...................and what does that mean i'm supposed to do?
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next