Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More outfits for the characters!

+2
cya6
lemonsdarling
6 posters

Go down

More outfits for the characters! Empty More outfits for the characters!

Post by lemonsdarling Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:39 pm

So, one of my pet peeves about animated characters is the fact that we almost always see them in the same outfit (...despite, like, getting scenes where they're GOING THROUGH A CLOSET FULL OF CLOTHES, haha) -- so I wanted to imagine more outfits for the Code Lyoko characters! I tried to go with color palettes/styles inspired by what we've seen them wear in the show, and style choices or quirks that work with their personalities. The first few outfits I made don't have much in the way of descriptions, but the newer ones will have some explanation!

Here are the links:

Aelita Outfit 1 (and drawn on Aelita by xanaslieutanant here!)
Aelita Outfit 2

Ulrich Outfit 1
Ulrich Outfit 2
Ulrich Outfit 3

Yumi Outfit 1
Yumi Outfit 2 (and drawn on Yumi by me here!)

Jeremie Outfit 1

Odd Outfit 1
Odd Outfit 2

Sissi Outfit 1 (and drawn on Sissi by xanaslieutanant here!)
Sissi Outfit 2

William Outfit 1 (and drawn on William by ninken here!)

All the outfits are under the tag CL clothing inspiration on tumblr, and the boards full of clothing that might eventually become part of an outfit/is inspired by the characters are on pinterest here! I've been having a lot of fun, I hope you all enjoy these too! (:

Last edited by lemonsdarling on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
lemonsdarling
lemonsdarling
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 24

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2562760/lemonsdarling / kadic-academ

Back to top Go down

More outfits for the characters! Empty Re: More outfits for the characters!

Post by cya6 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I love these! I wish we had more outfits and more pictures of them wearing them, they are so well done!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
More outfits for the characters! Left_bar_bleue0/0More outfits for the characters! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
More outfits for the characters! Left_bar_bleue0/0More outfits for the characters! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonsdarling Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Thank you so much! I'm having a ton of fun with them (--and it's amazing that people actually feel inspired to draw them onto the characters! I LOVE seeing the outfits put into practice!) and I figure the possibilities are kind of endless, since I could also do themed outfits (dressy outfits for dances, different gym clothes, pajamas, etc etc... if there's anything that people want to see o: ) so, I will definitely be posting up more at some point.

Last edited by lemonsdarling on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonsdarling
lemonsdarling
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm

yes! And I sincerely hope we get to see more with them drawn in, cause these are just awesome!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Wow! Those outfits are awesome! I could definitely see the characters wearing those. And Odd's shoes (for both outfits) are sweet. *wants* Very Happy
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Very interesting. My friend brought up this point awhile ago while I was trying to make them a fan. He said "I wish they didn't wear the same clothes, it doesn't give them much backround." Or something around those lines. I agreed with him, although Ireally like their cosstumes more would definately make the show much better. Not to say that it isn't the best show ever.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonsdarling Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm

@cya - I just sketched Yumi's second outfit myself, here! One more to add to the drawn outfits (:

@Dobie - I LOVE those shoes, yes! Especially the first pair xD Odd's super fun to find outfits for (but also a little difficult! His style isn't the most typically marketed)

@Umbra - I just think it's so funny that we literally, like, see them going through people's closets (...actually, I think we get to see everyone's closet at one point or another, but, odd and ulrich's for example) and yet they wear the same outfit every day! I totally understand from an animator's standpoint that multiple outfits are a LOT of work, but it does give a sense of realism (and also tells more about their personalities by what they choose to wear) that we lose out on, definitely.
lemonsdarling
lemonsdarling
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 am

These are really cool! My time on tumblr has just run out (thanks, StayFocused add-on) but I'll check out the rest tomorrow. I'm really digging Aelita's skull jumper though. WANT.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 am

I want Aelita's sweatshirt on your second link....<3 ^^ Tiz awesome!!
And you're right...they need more outfits.
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonsdarling Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I've added a second outfit for Sissi and a third outfit for Ulrich to the links in the first post!

@Jelly - I LOVE that skull sweater for her, it just has that perfect blend of stylish and cute and a little edgy all at the same time. (: And thank you!

@LovelyMadness - It seems to be pretty popular! =D It was actually on modcloth here, but it looks like it's sold out right now... And they definitely do! I love picturing their wardrobes, it adds an aspect to the show and their personalities we don't really get to see.
lemonsdarling
lemonsdarling
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 pm

These are genius, Lemons!
You could design costumes for the show, they're perfect! I love Sissi's second shoes, they're so her!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down