Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Log

3 posters

Go down

The Log Empty The Log

Post by Atlas Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:27 pm

The Log Hollow%2Blog
Welcome to the Log, the daily diary of all the changes that happen during the Atlas-Aeon administration (self-dubbed the A-Team Era). I will list most of the going-ons of the site as well as any discussion that I feel you the plebians should be aware of. I'll try to inject a little bit of humor to it as well.

With that, LET'S DO THIS.

-------------------------------
Overlord Atlas' Evil Log
Day 1 - Dec 17,2012

Entry 1: The Dawn of a New Day

Dear Diary,

This is your new overlord and owner Atlas speaking to you. I have purchased your services for the purpose of having you record my various activities in the event that I am forgetful. Pray that you prove useful or else I will have you obliterated Diary!

On a more serious note, the first day of the job has been evil in a fairly banal day. Most of the time has been spent getting the Administrative area up to snuff and just generally getting my bearings on what stuff I want to start first.

I haven't started any major project, but tomorrow I plan to clean up and update the Moderator application process then start up the Mod Trials. With all the promotions in the staff we need more people to fill out our ranks.

More than anything though I'm really excited with where we're going. I'm happy with the chance Shadows gave us and hope to make the most of it.

As such I will begin the reformation of XL in my own great image. I will create.... a New Empire.

To further this goal I will from here on list a comprehensive list of rules to help guide it on the way.

And my first rule shall be:
The Log Upgraded_Agents
New Empire Rule #1: The New Empire will wear suits.

Suits are snazzy. A symbol of high status. Professional, in a word. I want to avoid the moderator and admin body being not professional. You have to feel good to do good, and you got to look good to feel good. Thus, enforcing a suit dress code will automatically make our New Empire much more productive.

We will implement this rule immediately!

Last edited by Atlas on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
The Log Left_bar_bleue5/10The Log Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
The Log Left_bar_bleue4/12The Log Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
The Log Left_bar_bleue0/5The Log Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

The Log Empty Re: The Log

Post by cya6 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 pm

But, we can still wear our Straight Jackets, right? Over our suits, maybe?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
The Log Left_bar_bleue0/0The Log Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 pm

The suit requirement is for only Admins/Mods. Even then, they may wear their jackets on off-duty hours.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Day 2 - Dec 18,2012

Entry 2: Going through Changes

Dear Diary,

Today has been a bit smoother than yesterday. I was busy for most of it, but we've managed to get a lot of stuff moving today.

I looked at the Entryway for most of it, and the section could use a bit of refurbishing. It's something to do later though, as the most noteworthy activity was the cleaning out of the moderator applications that either didn't have 50 posts, were retired or were already promoted. Wiping my own application only showed to me that my application looked weird because I used underline and I didn't see anyone else do it.

Talks about the Mod Trials are in full swing, and we're making real progress so far. If no disasters occur, I think we can proceed with Mod Trials really soon. I sure hope that anyone who wants to become a Moderator will soon post their application in the Moderator Applications area of the Entryway if they haven't already done so.

Otherwise, the cleaning up of the administration section is mostly done. Just some formatting and such to take care of.

So yeah, things are going really smoothly. A great day for the New Empire.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Day 3 - Dec 19,2012

Entry 3: Cruising Speed

Dear Diary,

Today was fairly quiet due to some other arrangements made. Still, progress was made. The Moderator Application process was updated and we're right on track on that end. This pleases me. Members should see the extra two questions on the form added on in the "How to Apply" thread in the "Moderator Applications" section of the Entryway now.

Otherwise, some more streaming of the administrative area. Minus some formatting, it's basically where we need it to be now.

On the chopping block is the addition of a new project to my agenda and taking the time to really flex my new Admin muscles. Not sure what project needs the most attention atm, but I'll make it more member-centric.

Anyway, the New Empire is doing great for another day.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Day 4 - Dec 20,2012

Entry 3: The Mayans warned us

Dear Diary,

Being a stick in the mud, I decided to spend my last day on Earth being mostly busy with boring chores.

I decided to add going through the memberlist of XL on my to do list since it doesn't require too much time/effort and helps...somehow.

I'm only touching people who have never posted/responded or haven't logged in in over 9 months . That's means that whoever reads this is perfectly safe.

Still, gave me an excuse to browse through the Admin Panel, which is pretty sweet.

Mod Trials behind-the-scenes is working great. Just a last hurdle and we should start them pretty soon.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Day I don't even feel like counting

Entry 4: Consistently Inconsistent

Dear Diary,

You obviously have noticed that we're doing an awful job of keeping you updated daily, and also that my handwriting is nowhere near as neat as Atlas's.  Unless of course Atlas's is somehow worse than mine.  But really, it's rare when enough happens daily several days in a row that we must write a full log about it for each day without repeating information.  That's a job for our Department of Redundancy Department.  Since it's been more than six months, this entry should be fairly lengthy.

Since the smudged and fading pencil marks of Atlas's last entry were scribbled onto this digital paper, a lot of staff changes have taken place, with the one you must notice most being my elevation to admin level.  We now have four active staff members.  Currently we haven't decided whether or not a new moderator (and thus mod trials) is necessary.  We'll know in the following weeks, though.

Over the last day and next few days we've decided to update the rules and lists of smilies.  Smilies, as you know, are the second most important aspect of a forum (with the most important being the background color for quote boxes, of course), and organization of such is key if you don't want the forum to look like a complete and total mess every time one of us wants to write something.

Anyway, it's a cool opportunity for me to snoop through the Admin Panel.

The art and writing sections have been merged into the Media Section, and it is time that we get some serious promotions there going on.  Currently we have XaJuWriMo, but it doesn't seem to be getting very much publicity, and I admit myself to not doing much for it this year on a purely motivational basis.  But such contests in the future may be of a different nature, of which details and news shall come up in the following weeks, assuming we don't get swamped with college work first.  We'll see.

I feel like I've given away too much information.  And so with that, I must retreat to my lowly teenagery existence and job of washing dishes at 2am.  Until next time.  Which will hopefully be at a much more reasonable hour than 2am.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: