Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania

+4
QuinSeparable
Soul Jelly
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
8 posters

Go down

CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Episode Summaries for Cortex and Spectromania done by the ever-so-amazing Queen.

What did you guys think?

I loved how awesome Yumi was. Especially in Spectromania, she really got a chance to put her best foot forward. And can I just say that Odd's expressions are amazing? I was a bit skeptical of his character at first, but I think Gulliver does a really great job playing him.

I'm also beginning to like the new style of animation better. It just took a little getting used to for me!

Last edited by aelitaxwilliam on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time's up link to the episodes is goneoneoneee)
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue14/18CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue4/5CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty Re: CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania

Post by Adventurer411 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 pm

YES

my favorite was the Jerlita arm grab, and then sitting next to each other with his hand on her lap :3

But seriously, this is way cool. I love how the towers look when activated!! I mean, I liked the old ones too, but these really look cool.

I also loved it when she almost saved Ulrich. I was muttering "gogogogo" under my breath then. On that note, her wings are so pretty! I like how she uses them too, constantly and when fighting.

It's great that more people than Aelita can deactivate the tower. I just think it's easier for them.

I'm waiting for episode four, Mrs. Einstein. That had better be Jerlita. Though, as soul pointed out while we chatted, it could be about Laura >.> since laura is supposed to be a female Jeremy?? BUT YOU'D BETTER STAY AWAY FROM JEREMY
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue20/20CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue3/3CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty Re: CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm

The Jerlita moments were fabulous <3

I also loved all the WillOdd in 'Cortex', and our first glimpse of Franz Hopper in live-action! He fits the part well, if a little shorter than I imagined.

I will give in-depth thoughts after I've watched episode 3 as well.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I finally was able to watch both 2 and 3 and I'm liking the series more and more already. I was unsure after episode 1 but 2 really got me.

You see, I'm a huge William fan so seeing him back on Lyoko without XANA's influence was great. And the episode itself was good. I really enjoyed seeing Franz's photo too!

And I agree, Yumi really was quite the fighter in these episodes! It was nice to see her kicking butt in 3! Smile

And I've seen some mention of the JerLita moment which, yes, was cute, but anyone notice the UlUmi moment in 2 after they came out of the scanners? Very cute as well.

Overall, I really am liking the actors too! Odd's actor, like I've seen said many times, really has gotten the character down well! I think the only one that I'm still a bit hesitant with is Aelita's actress but I have a feeling things will get better as the series progresses.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 pm

All of you guys already said what I wanted to say after I finally found the episodes on YouTube. So that saves a lot of typing for me and leaves me more time to finish my final college applications! ^_^
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Haven't seen the third one yet but I loved Cortex. The J/A mini moments made me squee with joy, and I LOVE Odd. In the one ep I saw, I was shocked at how much he swore- according to the subtitles anyway. That might be most furious Odd's ever been. Ever. Not that I blame him, William was a prick, again. ^^; But he got his own in the end, which was also hilarous.
Anyone else love how bad-@$$ Aelita looked when that Krab first showed up? She's reeaaly changed. No screaming, no gasp of fear. Instant "bring-it-on" glare and energy fields. It's epic how much she's grown up. ^^
Now I gotta see number three. I'm so excited! This is wwaaaay better than I expected.
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am

Judging how Ulrich was pretty much incapacitated in the first episode and didn't last even a minute on Lyoko in 2 and 3, I can only make one conclusion:

Ulrich's the new Yumi.

That's right. Instead of 'Pick on Yumi Week' back in the first season, we now have 'Pick on Ulrich Week'.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Haha! I didn't even notice that! Poor Ulrich...but at least this Yumi can start off as a BA instead! Wink
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Suits me fine, I love Yumi and she deserves some more hero moments after being picked on all the time Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 pm

I found ep3 again on DailyMotion, with Spanish subtitles. And either the spelling was really bad or I have a long way to go with learning Spain-Spanish as opposed to the Mexican Spanish I'm used to. xD Anyway, with the help of WordReference.com and Goonslate I've made a translation below. It's probably not fully accurate since it's a translation of a translation, but eh... It'll work just fine for now.

English Translation from the Spanish subs:

Anyway. So it's interesting that the effects of being drained by the spectres are different depending on the Lyoko warrior, and for all we know yet it could be different every time. Yumi was having chest pains and couldn't breathe, and apparently her stomach hurt too. Aelita had blurry vision. Ulrich's ears were ringing and that he was dizzy. And then later Odd was deaf. It seems kind of generic, but I sense lots of potential humor stemming from the deafness.

Of course, Jeremie wasn't affected because he didn't have the source codes in him (that they know of, anyway, I'm pretty sure he didn't scan himself). Come to think of it, why didn't XANA use him, and William too? Jeremie's the worst fighter of them all so wouldn't that possibly make him the most vulnerable and the easiest to get codes out of? Or maybe not since he's always with his friends. Something which William doesn't have at this point. Notice how each time the spectre was pushed away from a LW, it was somebody else who did it. William should've been the prime host of the codes if XANA needed them back since he seems to have been nothing more than a third wheel at best in the group since XANA was 'destroyed' in s4. Though that is just a guess based on ep2 Cortex; I actually have no idea how Ulrich and Odd treated William postep95 preCLE since we don't get to see any of that, and I hope they elaborate on that just a little. Just because they were mean and elusive when William asked about Lyoko doesn't mean that they were that way when, say, William needed homework help or wanted to play soccer or whatever.

Random thought: The episode title "Spectromania" implies that there were more than two spectres, which makes me envision a XANA spectre paying a cashier a buttload of cash with a sign and caption saying, "Spectres, a dime a dozen!" Or "Buy One Get One!" I need to draw this. :3
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:10 pm

I haven't gotten all the way through Spectromania yet, but it's interesting... Although, why didn't Aelita and Yumi at least try to step back and fight that kid off in the first place. Did the effects work seriously that fast?! I mean, Aelita doesn't even react until she's let go off, and neither does Yumi. I thought they'd at least try to get away, but maybe that thing zaps strenght too.
But the lines are funny...Odd's comment about the 6th graders and Aelita...and then Yumi's funny/gross thing about throwing up on Lyoko. I'm like "eewww Yumi chan....but hehehe, yeah, it'd feel werid..." XD
And...does anyone think it's creepy with when the Spector kid turns round and goes back to Yumi, and all you hear is this freaky dark whispering in the background? It's like Sauron or something XD
XANA WANTS THE ONE RING!! XD
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 pm

LovelyMadness13 wrote:I haven't gotten all the way through Spectromania yet, but it's interesting... Although, why didn't Aelita and Yumi at least try to step back and fight that kid off in the first place. Did the effects work seriously that fast?! I mean, Aelita doesn't even react until she's let go off, and neither does Yumi. I thought they'd at least try to get away, but maybe that thing zaps strenght too.
Don't forget Ulrich was affected as soon as he had pushed the kid away from Aelita.

LovelyMadness13 wrote:And...does anyone think it's creepy with when the Spector kid turns round and goes back to Yumi, and all you hear is this freaky dark whispering in the background? It's like Sauron or something XD
XANA WANTS THE ONE RING!! XD
OMG YES I LOVE YOU LOVELYMADNESS THAT WAS ASDFAEIGHSD;JFKWEA;EKLHGALK
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am

It’s not until Jeremy realizes it’s a specter that they realize they’re in danger. To be honest, if some random little kid walked up & hugged me, I’d probably just stand there too…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue7/17CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Left_bar_bleue3/3CLE Episodes 2 and 3; Cortex and Spectromania Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 pm

K: -hugs Aelita-
Group in general: Aww, how cute.
O: Are you sure you're in school? I hope you know a good lawyer, Aelita!
A: ....I feel strange.
U: Hey, kid, buzz off. -pushes kid away- -starts feeling bad-
K: -hugs Yumi-
Y: Is this kid crazy or something?
J: It's a spectre!

Remember, Odd still wasn't fully convinced the kid was a spectre until he went deaf.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down