Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are you liking CLE so far?

+3
QuinSeparable
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
7 posters

Go down

How are you liking CLE so far?

How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti1145%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 45% 
[ 5 ]
How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti1136%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 36% 
[ 4 ]
How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti119%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 9% 
[ 1 ]
How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti110%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 0% 
[ 0 ]
How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti119%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 9% 
[ 1 ]
How are you liking CLE so far? I_voti110%How are you liking CLE so far? Vote_l12 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

How are you liking CLE so far? Empty How are you liking CLE so far?

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm

It's been a few episodes, and it's been almost a week since the last one aired, so I figure most people who really want to see them have seen them by now (there are links floating around Tumblr, and I can grab them later if I find the time or if someone else hasn't posted them first).

Feel free to go into why you like or dislike it. No flaming or insulting others for their opinions are allowed here, and it's interesting to see what people think of them! (there's also an episode thread for episode one and a thread for episodes two and three to go really in-depth, if you want to check those out)

Keep in mind, you can still like a show without being blind to its flaws. And you can also dislike a show while being aware of its strengths!

Personally, I'm really liking CLE so far. I'm getting used to the animation bit by bit, and I think Moonscoop did such a good job with choosing the actors. I also don't mind the redesign of Lyoko, though I think I'm still going to miss having all four sectors (though I can't help it: desert sector FTW). I also think the source codes plot is interesting, and the XANA attack with that sixth-grade boy was actually kind of funny. Admittedly, the first XANA attack wasn't incredibly suspenseful, but still, I think they're improving episode-by-episode. All in all, I'm super excited for the new season!

Spoiler:
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue14/18How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue4/5How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue0/0How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

How are you liking CLE so far? Empty Re: How are you liking CLE so far?

Post by Adventurer411 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 pm

CL evolution is pretty good so far, in my opinion. They're certainly handling the live action well, better than I had expected.

I think the initial excitement at having CL back is probably influencing peoples' opinions (that includes mine of course Razz) As we go on, we might find more errors or more reason to criticize. But for now, even trying to look past that, it looks pretty promising.

I like their new Lyoko forms, and the towers, too. Not that I didn't like the old ones, but you guys gotta admit that the new towers look awesome when activated. The show has retained all its old quirks: Aelita's nicknaming, her super quick time reaching the tower (mhmm Razz), Jeremy's stubbornness (JERLITA GASP).

Also, the actors are doing a really good job. As soul pointed out on tumblr, Gulliver is a perfect Odd. Watching it in French is almost as good as watching it in English! I don't know if I've really watched enough or whatever to love it?? but I'm really liking it, and wanting more~
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue20/20How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue3/3How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue0/0How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Ooh, I do love how Aelita's nickname is still Princess! I don't understand French at all, but when the translation came out, I was freaking out. I love her nickname, and I love how Ulrich called her that.

And YES. Gulliver is just perfect, and his facial expressions are reall...expressive, and he just manages to communicate a lot without saying a word (or, in my case, without me needing to understand his language), and I think that it was especially important for Odd of all the characters to have an expressive actor. Gulliver portrays Odd so well. ;~;

I think I'll still always miss the old towers for nostalgia (and they also fit in so well in the old landscape, but the sectors do look a bit different now), but the new towers do look really modern and cool. I'm glad to see the insides have stayed the same though! I always thought the binary codes looked so cool, and I really wanted an interface like the one Aelita uses in the tower. Speaking of towers though, I'm not sure how I feel about Odd and Yumi also being able to activate towers. It's...strange? I'll get used to it I'm sure, but there was always that sense of urgency that came with Aelita being the one they needed. It got really suspenseful for a moment there for me, actually, when Aelita got devirtualised because I didn't understand what they were going to do now.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue14/18How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue4/5How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Well I had already seen gifs of them deactivating the tower, so I wasn't held in suspense, but yeah. It does take a little away letting them deactivate the tower too, but I guess this means they'll be more danger and action then??

About the towers, yeah! I loved the way the old ones looked (they always reminded me of candles with a black, melted wax) but the new ones look cool too. I'm also very glad they didn't change the interior of the towers. I've loved that, always. You're right; the binary code is really cool! Razz I like how they float upward too (excruciatingly.... slowly.....)

YESSSS her nickname is awesome :3

I wonder if they'll actually acknowledge Aelita's slowness in the tower as a joke in the show?? That would be hilarious if they did XD
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue20/20How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue3/3How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 pm

You have a good point there, and that makes me even more excited, because I wonder what kind of danger they'll be in? They already went through so many crazy situations in the first four seasons. Fall out of a plane? Almost get buried alive? I just want to seeeee. As a side note, now I'm going to be really disappointed if this season isn't at least as dangerous/suspenseful as the previous seasons. I'm hopeful though. Very Happy

I never thought of that, but I can see what you mean. Those roots or whatever they're called, are kind of like the dripping wax of a candle. I also saw Soul compare the old towers to cigarettes on Tumblr, haha!

If you look at the scripts of the episodes (someone incredibly incredible in the Tumblr fandom translated all the episodes within a day or two after they were released), it shows Aelita telling Odd that he needs to be slower/less impatient and concentrate. Or something along those lines anyway. The fandom was guessing that it was a direct nod to all the viewers that comment on Aelita's slowness, but the thing is, Yumi didn't look that slow to me. She practically dove in, and I didn't see her concentrating considering she was trying to get away from the monsters! But...you know, there are going to be plotholes, and I guess this could sort of be considered one of them.

It'd be funny if they do nod to Aelita's slowness like you mentioned, or AT LEAST show Odd struggling because he's too fast. <3 Oh, Odd. Also, is it just me or is Aelita slower in CLE than in the other seasons?
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:39 pm

I just want to say that, though this opinion might be premature, I fully LOVE Code Lyoko Evolution (which is ironic because when I first heard about CL:E I was pretty angry about it!) Now I can't seem to get enough of it.

I was very worried about the live action and it looking really cheesy but I'm actually very impressed with the live action overall. My only gripe might be that, at this point in time, Kadic seems tiny. I miss the large, panning shots that the animated series had but, I can live without them really.

As far as the actors, I was really worried that they wouldn't do the characters justice but boy was I wrong! Like you guys said, Gulliver has captured Odd spot on. And I really like how Quentin's seemed to capture Ulrich's withdrawn and more sullen nature. And Diego...well... yeah. Very Happy My only gripe here might be Aelita's portrayal. I'm not sure if her actress has captured her as well as the others have gotten their characters. I'm definitely hoping that she will as the series progresses!

At first, I wasn't sure that I liked the new animation of Lyoko because it seemed like everything got less detailed but the more I watch it, the more I realize that I do really like it. The detail is definitely there and in some respects better than the original show (the looks that the characters give one another on Lyoko are far more detailed and I really love their eyes!)

Not sure how I feel about the new towers. I mean I do like them, but I'm not sure that I like them more than the original. But meh...I can live with them at least.

Yeah I wonder if Aelita having to explain to Odd how to get into the towers was a nod to the fans and our constant picking at\ridiculing of Aelita. Very Happy As far as Yumi going into the tower...I think she was already thinking "Get me inside this darn tower so I don't get devirtualized" and thus was able to dive into it. *shrug* Just my thought.

I'm definitely looking forward at seeing how the series progresses though!
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:07 am

Based only on the first two episodes…I think I’m falling in love with it all over again! Even though I sort of wish that they would have combined stuff from the first two episodes (like maybe discover XANA was back, & get a strange reading which ends up having them discover the Cortex), I really do like it so far!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue7/17How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm actually really liking it. Like, a lot. I'm so happy that the show is back. Although there are a few things that kind of bug me in the new series, but oh well. I guess I'll just have to get used to it..
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyMadness13 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Admittedly, so far I've only seen the first episode (yeah...I know...I've been busy. ^^Wink But it was certainly interesting .The acting was somewhat way better than I expected, the music was good, and there's parts I liked that I didn't expect to.... (like Odd. Everyone seems to hate the actor, but I think he fits... ^^; dunno). The only REAL complaint I have is Aelita's dang hair. Drives me bonkers. But other than that, I could nitpick, but it's too early in the game to decide.
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Anybody change their minds from their original assessment?

I'll probably get to actually watching the season soon so I'd like to know what to expect.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue5/10How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue4/12How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
How are you liking CLE so far? Left_bar_bleue0/5How are you liking CLE so far? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum