Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: April

+15
LongHairedAelita
QuinSeparable
SeeMeInTheShadows
dEaTh_bat_pRiDe
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
juejue
fawkes39
Snickie
eseiprahs
Atlas
nodsviper
cya6
Coto524
Koneko on lyoko
19 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat: April

Post by cya6 Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I do
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:27 pm

North Korea walks into a bar...

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:36 am

Well, what I just found out from Enzo's post, we need to change the colours for quoting, or double quoting at least. I don't know if it's just my monitor but I can't read the second quote at all.
I kinda have to agree with this. There isn’t really a big enough contrast between the colors…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/17General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am

Very glad to see you back, Legend Very Happy
I feel kinda sick today, and my moods have been tumeltous. Like, one minute I'm super happy, the next I wish I was dead, the next I'm panicking about my future, and then I'm lulled into a sense of exhausted emptiness, before I suddenly have a rare spark of ambition which lasts about a minute before I'm back to wishing I was dead.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 am

Anyone in the New England area planning on going to Anime Boston or Comic Con?

Anime Boston is in May

http://www.animeboston.com/

Comic Con is in a couple weeks

http://www.bostoncomiccon.com/events.html
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Viper if you are going plz take some pics for me! Would be cool to see.

Anyway yes we'll try to work on the quoting thing since it's pretty terrible as it is for reading.

We'll get back to you on it!
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 pm

I will probably go to at least anime Boston. Hopefully Comic Con too.

I have had an insane week.
I've been over the moon happy and then 6 feet under depressed. I've tried to starve myself, I've completely overeaten. I've been unrealistically optimistic, and then I've been world endingly pessimistic. I've been sick. I've been well. I've cut my arms and cried my eyes out. I've contemplated, decided to, and tried to kill myself. I've contemplated killing other people. I've had the best day of my life on the same day I've wanted to die, which was, coincidentally, my birthday. I've felt overwhelmingly spiritual, and then I've felt completely abandoned by religion. I've had job troubles both at my current job and my summer job. I've put myself in 1180 dollar debt with my parents. I've felt hopeless, hopeful, and dead. I've been elated with life, and then afraid for my own life.
All this since Saturday. The week isn't even over.
Life is exhausting. Life is easier to end then to fix.
I want to go to bed and not wake up. Instead I have an essay to write.
Somebody shoot me, I am done.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Asdghkdlsf. So much drama today.
And a take-home Calc test that's kicking my butt. Hard.
I wanna go to bed but I'm not done with the stupid test and it's due tomorrow morning.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am

I’d love to see pictures of it, if you guys decide to go…I’d love to cosplay some time, but it seems a little bit daunting because I have no sewing experience (except for a pin cushion in middle school, but that hand sewn…)
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/17General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't think I'll sew anything, but I"m planning on going. I'll get myself purple pants, a purple sweatshirt, and add a dab of the same to gel up my hair!

I'm guessing there won't be many people there able to identify my costume. Maybe not though. confused
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Snickie...your test looked insane. I'm so glad I'm not doing Calc 3 next year. Razz I'M SORRY FOR YOU THOUGH.

Ooh, late to the convo, but I'd love to see pictures too! Maybe there'll be some who can identify you, and who knows, you can always convert people to the fandom! We're always willing for new victims fandom members.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue14/18General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/5General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 pm

You don't always need to sew for cosplay Razz I try and find as much as I can in shops, even if I have to alter them a bit, it makes life so much easier.

Aww I'm jealous -3- I'd love to go but, well, there's an ocean in the way of that xD but pictures please, and yes viper, convert others to the fandom >:3
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Kay's more of an expert in cosplay than me, and I think she brought up a really good point. You'd be pretty amazed at what you can find in secondhand shops and online (for spirit week, this girl bought this really gaudy gold, green, and purple shirt at a secondhand shop--so, like you can definitely find fun stuff there).

And someday, I swear, we'll dig through the XL bank account (you know, the one we totally have and that definitely exists), and hire a cruise to take the Brits over to America!! We can do an XL reunion in Boston and go the whole nine yards. Like, I'll bake "biscuits" and crumpets so you guys feel...right at home. And I'm pretty sure Harry Potter mentioned a steak and kidney pie? I think I can figure out how to make one of those.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue14/18General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/5General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:03 pm

That would be awesome; I'll contribute towards the piggy bank too!

Does the UK have any conventions like this?

I will definitely take pictures while I'm there. I have a YouTube account and a few cameras, so I'll have to upload a little something when the weekend is over. I'll try to do the same for anime boston!

I have a giant panda mascot that I'll be wearing to Comic Con, but for anime Boston I'm definitely going as Odd.
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Omg yes Kelly, secondhand shops are brilliant for this kind of stuff and for finding material if you do want to make things from scratch Razz

Not as many as the US, but we have quite a few decent conventions. There the London and Birmingham MCM expos(I'm going to the London one in May this year Very Happy), Scotland Loves Anime is quite a big one I think, Nom-con which is in Dublin this year and Alcon, which is in Leicester, which really isn't that far from where I live but I can't go this year because it's 16+ ;3;
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Jdannzhjxkkamxhe

Hi.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18/18General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by dEaTh_bat_pRiDe Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:10 pm

this new theme omg

dEaTh_bat_pRiDe
dEaTh_bat_pRiDe
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 78

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:14 pm

@Kelly Calc 3 is probably the best math class you can take and I've found a lot of practical use out of it.

@DBP Glad you like it!

As always people feedback is awesome. Let us know if there's something you have to say.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
General Chat: April - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5General Chat: April - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 pm

lol Atlas. Is that your cat talking again? xD
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 am

Eh, I doubt I'd find much use of it? I try not to find uses of math outside of class, lmao, because I'm not really a fan of math. Thankfully, for the major I want to go into, I only have to get up to Calc 2, so I should be fine!

Omg, Kay, I'm not sure if you've ever heard of it, but there's a Tumblr Con in the UK for 2015, I think? Or it might be 2014, but I'm pretty sure that's only the US Tumblr Con. And I realllllyyy want to go, except it's in the UK. In London. Across the Atlantic Ocean. In a fairly expensive city. And I'll be a poor, struggling college student by then.

Hi Essy, DBP! Haven't talked to you guys in a while. Smile
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 am

Atlas wrote:@DBP Glad you like it!
Maybe he meant "OMG ITS SO HORRIBLE @#$%"

Just saying...

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 am

Always the pessimist
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am

No! I am the most optimistic person I know. Unless it's a Monday...

But DBP's post can really go either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 am

I know that enough
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 am

I choose to believe he likes it since most people seem to and he has ready access to me on skype to complain if he didn't.

In other news we have some staff changes ppl! Head on over to Staff Changes for the quick rundown.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next