Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XL: Residence of singularity

Go down

XL: Residence of singularity Empty XL: Residence of singularity

It feels good to be back. While faces and layouts have changed, the spirit of the place remains. XL is still a venue where amicable conversations are carried out, top-quality work of fiction is shared by a group of authors who I consider to be among the best there is and most importantly the forum always retains its identity. Many forums seem to suffer an identity crisis at some point. I ascribe this to a lack of a distinguishable application. Getting people to register is fairly easy, but knowing how to keep them coming back and continuing to furnish and extend the experience is where so many fail and topple. The fact that despite lapses in activity at different times throughout the forum's history, members kept coming back and contributing is testimony of that identity. It's not a random group of people who just happen to like posting on this particular forum, it's a family. Members find what they want here and thus, they stay. What is it that they want? an assortment of activity, unique events, constructive discussions, fun games...etc. But XL's identity isn't attached to excessive activity, a nominated event or a renowned section. This domain's DNA is engraved in the attitude and morale of its inhabitants. The essence of success and greatness.

With CLE and the accompanied surge in activity throughout the whole fandom, XL looks to be in good position to welcome new members and further extend its rule. The journey is never smooth and the roads are never paved with roses and sunshine, but we thrive in competition and challenges.

I would also like to congratulate Soul for her recent promotion. Looking forward to good stuff from her. Thanks to all the moderators who help organize and manage this place. You are the ones who showcase the XL experience to newcomers and set an example. It's a big responsibility, but I am sure you're up for it.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

XL: Residence of singularity :: Comments

Atlas

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm by Atlas

Well I don't know about the forum but I for one am offended at the fact that I didn't see enough praise for just how cool of a place XL was. Genuinely having a consistent place to restore your faith in humanity on the internet is not that common.

But I don't know, I guess I'd have to say that maybe Legend's evaluation was....

Cool justified.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 pm by Guest

Figured it should be more present time than mournful of the old days. Don't get me started on that.

However, XL was and still is one of my favorite places on the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum