Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Incoming Changes

+6
Stella Luce 333
drpdrp97
Ivona no Fyra
tbcr
cya6
Atlas
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some Incoming Changes Empty Some Incoming Changes

Post by Atlas Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:27 am

o/ bros! 

Alright so this place needs some cleaning up and here's the first few things on my list:

1) We're going to change up the theme in order to make the place look a little cleaner and easier to read. I still like the general look but the text doesn't always play nice with the background and if we want to put up stories and other such things we're going to need something a little sharper,clearer and mobile friendly.

2) I'm giving you guys a week in order to fix up your banners because I am going to start wiping banners that go beyond the 600x200 limit that are not spoilered. For reference:

Some Incoming Changes 6146

^ that is a 600x200 banner. You get one to display in your signature. If you want to keep anything larger or have multiple banners, the rest need to be spoilered. If you don't know how to do that, please message me.

3) The site itself is going to start going back to its roots and being more about the media that you the people produce. As such, there's going to be more focus on the writing, drawings and games on this site than just general discussion. This is probably going to translate to shifting the order of the index at first, but I got a couple ideas already that I'm looking into.

4) We are absolutely going to get as many people into skype chat as we can. If Skype is a problem, we'll use a different system but we gotta start getting people more connected.

5) I haven't really found any of the mod/admin staff around so I'm going to be looking at more people who would be willing to do take on some of those duties. If they return, I'll give precedence to the original staff, but I'd like interested people to please let me know either via pm or just as a response to this thread.

--------------------------------------------
Those are the items on my docket right now. I'll be getting those done systematically over the next few weeks unless there is major objection. Let me know your thoughts!
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue5/10Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue4/12Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue0/5Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Some Incoming Changes Empty Re: Some Incoming Changes

Post by drpdrp97 Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:19 am

Atlas wrote:
1) We're going to change up the theme in order to make the place look a little cleaner and easier to read. I still like the general look but the text doesn't always play nice with the background and if we want to put up stories and other such things we're going to need something a little sharper,clearer and mobile friendly.
Yes please. Gray on black is horribly difficult to read. I feel like my eyesight is diminishing each time I visit.

Atlas wrote:3) The site itself is going to start going back to its roots and being more about the media that you the people produce. As such, there's going to be more focus on the writing, drawings and games on this site than just general discussion. This is probably going to translate to shifting the order of the index at first, but I got a couple ideas already that I'm looking into.
I'll go fetch my fanfic friends. Begin the messages!

(My messages hardly seem to get through to people, so I think YouTube's spam filter keeps taking my messages and putting them in people's spam inboxes. I'll have to rethink it.)

Atlas wrote:4) We are absolutely going to get as many people into skype chat as we can. If Skype is a problem, we'll use a different system but we gotta start getting people more connected.
So will this be a separate chat from Thevil1's chat or naw? Because I really, really, really have problems with Skype as it is and two chats might just make my laptop stop functioning altogether.

Atlas wrote:5) I haven't really found any of the mod/admin staff around so I'm going to be looking at more people who would be willing to do take on some of those duties. If they return, I'll give precedence to the original staff, but I'd like interested people to please let me know either via pm or just as a response to this thread.
As much as I'd like to offer myself for the job, there are some much more veteran members here than I, so I'll see how that plays out and let them offer themselves for sacrifice being on staff first.

Pls message me on Skype tonight so we can discuss my big bad plan Atlas.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 311

Character Sheet
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue0/0Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue0/0Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://theairforce.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 am

Atlas wrote:
3) The site itself is going to start going back to its roots and being more about the media that you the people produce. As such, there's going to be more focus on the writing, drawings and games on this site than just general discussion. This is probably going to translate to shifting the order of the index at first, but I got a couple ideas already that I'm looking into.
Is this for CL related stuff?  Cause I've fallen out of the fanfic scene, though I'll still read and provide feedback.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

For Skype chat, I think pooling everyone into Thevil1's will be fine, but I'm fine for putting something up on a different system such as teamspeak, yahoo messenger or the like. I put up Skype since as far as I can tell, people already have and use it quite a lot.

As for cya's comment, it's going to be both. I feel like we have plenty of room for everyone here so I'm fine with stuff that isn't CL-related. But we will have a CL-dedicated section for sure.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue5/10Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue4/12Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue0/5Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Atlas wrote:

ohboy.mp3 Very Happy

Atlas wrote:
4) We are absolutely going to get as many people into skype chat as we can. If Skype is a problem, we'll use a different system but we gotta start getting people more connected.

if it does come down to not having to use skype, teamspeak and mumble have been known to be good VoIP.
Atlas wrote:
5) I haven't really found any of the mod/admin staff around so I'm going to be looking at more people who would be willing to do take on some of those duties. If they return, I'll give precedence to the original staff, but I'd like interested people to please let me know either via pm or just as a response to this thread.

i have forum admin and modding experience, so if you need help, i would be glad to help
--------------------------------------------
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 93

Character Sheet

http://tbcrproductions.x10.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 am

I’ll look into Skype, but I don’t have a webcam…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue7/17Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue3/3Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:45 am

Stella Luce 333 wrote:I’ll look into Skype, but I don’t have a webcam…
We've never done a video call to date. Just audio and messaging.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm

drpdrp97 wrote:

QFT I imagine Skype would be used just for the texting purposes. By all means, if you want to do video or audio chats it's all up to you. Entirely voluntary lol.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:26 am

Atlas wrote:
drpdrp97 wrote:

QFT I imagine Skype would be used just for the texting purposes. By all means, if you want to do video or audio chats it's all up to you. Entirely voluntary lol.
Audio chats are really cool. Although you skipped out on every single one last month when we were going through a craze.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 am

I needed to save my voice for when I needed to chew out school officials lol.

Anyway, minor report. By the powers of time management, I plan to be active both here and on the test forum mostly on Mondays, Wednesdays and the weekend.

I toyed around with adding Thursday but my schedule just doesn't like it. If you people want my love and attention, you'll have a far better chance of reaching me on those days.

Other than that, I think we've narrowed down the theme template to about 5 choices now. I'm going to be cycling through them (1 a day), so feel free to drop a post in there saying you like/don't like that theme. The name of each theme is right up on the top banner of the site. So for example, as of this post the theme template is "Dark Glow".

NOTE: These are only templates. We'll be modifying it as we go to make it more appropriate and fitting our theme. If you like one part but not another, please write that down and we can see how much of an issue any one aspect of a theme really is.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Vote Dark Glow!

It's so cool hehe
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivona no Fyra Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Question: What is the name of the skype chat? Maybe someone could add me? I'm dragonarbock on there.
Ivona no Fyra
Ivona no Fyra
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:00 pm

i could add you, but i dont have you on skype
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivona no Fyra Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Feel free to add me then if you need to. Don't bother me none.
Ivona no Fyra
Ivona no Fyra
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:08 am

And so, the idea of rebooting XL soon died out.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 pm

This is crunch time for our members who are in college, since their semesters end in a couple of weeks…I’m sure things will pick up again as the holidays get closer…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue7/17Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Some Incoming Changes Left_bar_bleue3/3Some Incoming Changes Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:31 am

Look who's alive!
-fistpump-
-falls over from exhaustion from finals and juries-
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 am

Welcome back!!!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:07 pm

FAKKING HELL

Alright, I'm back after a couple weeks of dealing with a bad comp. I think I've finally sorted it all out so I'm going back at it.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:29 pm

welcome back and hopefully everything goes smooth
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Atlas!

How I've missed you!
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Welcome back!!!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:05 pm

O_O
I'm... pleased to see your computer is fixed, Atlas.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura10594 Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Gosh, you've been gone for a few months and this happens.

Seriously, I hate to ask this, but who do you talk to if you want to be added to the skype chat?
Sakura10594
Sakura10594
Blok
Blok

Female Posts : 46

Character Sheet

http://asting10594.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Sakura10594 wrote:Gosh, you've been gone for a few months and this happens.

Seriously, I hate to ask this, but who do you talk to if you want to be added to the skype chat?
I'm the one who has been adding people in, but currently on break from that for school, so I'd try to ask tbcr. If not I can still do it.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum