Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddygodzilla

5 posters

Go down

Teddygodzilla Empty Teddygodzilla

Post by SnowPrincessMossy Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 pm

The very first episode! If you can't remember it, go watch it here before you talk about it.

Summary: This episode begins as Milly Solovieff and Tamiya Diop are doing a report on the school dance. They try to interview last year's prom queen, Sissi Delmas, but she only makes fun of them, saying that they're too young to even get a date. Milly tries asking Ulrich out, but he's already promised Yumi so he's forced to turn her down. Milly storms off, very upset, telling Tamiya later that she hates everyone while in her room, not knowing that Xana is watching them from her computer. Milly runs off, hiding in the garden shed where she tells her teddy bear that she wishes she were bigger. Tamiya eventually convinces Milly to come out of the garden shed, but Milly leaves her teddy bear there. Xana possesses the teddy bear and uses it to attack the school and later the town. Odd and Jeremie head to the factory to help Aelita deactivate the tower while Ulrich stays behind to warn Yumi and help save the school from the rampaging teddy bear. After the return to the past, Milly asks Ulrich to the dance again and Ulrich agrees, much to Sissi's dismay.
SnowPrincessMossy
SnowPrincessMossy
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 495

https://www.youtube.com/user/SnowCoveredLoyalty

Back to top Go down

Teddygodzilla Empty Re: Teddygodzilla

Post by Railen Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 am

Following up with a detailled explanation (of which the origin is of course our old Lyoko Database). Credits go to Kitty~

----

Episode Name: Teddygozilla

Xana’s Attack: Taking over Milly’s teddy bear, making it enormous, and using it attack the Lyoko warriors.

Characters sent to Lyoko: Odd, Aelita (lives on Lyoko)

Sector(s) visited: Desert Sector

Monsters Fought: Megatank, Kankrelats.

Warrior with most kills: Odd

Warrior(s) devirtualized: None

Important Discoveries: The episode’s premise is introduced, along with the main characters, the existence of Xana, and the locations of Kadic, the Factory, and Lyoko (specifically the desert sector). Odd’s Lyoko appearance and abilities are shown. Megatanks and Kankrelats are introduced. Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremy live at Kadic, while Yumi lives with her parents nearby. Odd and Ulrich are roommates, and Odd keeps a small dog, Kiwi, in his room.

Characters Introduced: Odd, Ulrich, Jeremie, Yumi, Aelita, Xana, Sissi, Milly, Tamiya, Jim, Mr. Delmas, Kiwi, Herve, Nicholas

Jim’s “I’d rather not talk about it”:

Episode Goofs: When Odd first sees Milly crying on the sidewalk, he's carrying a stack of CDs. Yet when he gets closer to talk to her, the CDs are nowhere to be seen.

When Odd finds Milly and Tamiya outside of the school, Odd's pants legs are the same color in one shot. They change back to having two different colors in the next shot.

The color of the back of the Polaroid changes from black to white, and then they return to black

When shots are seen through the camera it is clearly recording, but the time counter doesn't change.

Jim is shown putting a padlock on the garden shed door. Immediately afterward, the edge of the door is in plain view. There is a mortise lock in the door, but neither a padlock nor any device used with a padlock (i.e. latch, hasp and staple, chain, etc.) is to be seen anywhere on the door.

Odd's arrows look different in this episode than in later episodes. Here, they look like regular arrows you shoot from a bow. But later on, they are nothing but simple arrowheads.

When Odd attacks the Megatank, he yells impact not laser arrow. Impact is Ulrich's attack, not Odd's.

Odd's voice is different in this episode because they switched Voice actors.

In this episode and many other early episodes of the English version, Odd says "Laser Flash" while "Laser Arrow" is used for the remainder of the series

When Jeremie is selecting Odd's Lyoko card, there are no cards for Yumi and Ulrich

The face cream that Sissy was wearing wasn't there when she fell to the ground, but when she was shown back outside it was back on.

Quotes: Ulrich: If meanness is one of the qualities of a beauty queen, then she'll get re-elected all right!
Jeremie: That's true, but try getting "Miss World" to see that.
Odd: Miss World, eh? (talks into microphone) Miss In Her Own World is more like it!

Odd: Okay, guys! Who goes and who stays here?
Jeremie: We can’t have a solo mission. It’s too dangerous without Yumi. If you go alone, you never know what you’re gonna find over there.
Odd: I volunteer!
Jeremie: What did I just say, huh?

Yumi: Well, I've gotta go now and get ready for the prom tonight. Sometimes being a day student can be a total drag.
Ulrich: Don't complain. No one wakes you at 6am, you have hot water, and you don't have to sleep next to smelly Odd.

Sissi: Ulrich, you're gonna go with that--that silly baby?
Ulrich: That's right, I sure am, but don't worry. When your brain gets another neuron or two, maybe I'll go out with you too.

Odd: (regarding Sissi) Who would have believed it? Soon she'll be playing with dolls.

Ulrich: What do you think?
Jeremie: A simple short circuit. Too many appliances plugged in at the same time.
Yumi: Yeah, the high fine lights, lady shaver, curling iron, altogether. What do you expect to happen?
Odd: Not to mention the brain stimulator.
Jeremie: Although she probably never figured out how to use it.

Hervé: Uh, Sissi, we thought...
Sissi: Take this advice. Don't think, it doesn't suit you.

Odd: Houston, we've got a problem.
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2918

Character Sheet
Health::
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue22/22Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (22/22)
Energy::
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue1/1Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Experience::
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue0/0Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.xanaslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 pm

I think that this was a good starting episode, but also not very good because I know I had to watch it twice for the episode to actually make sense again because I didn't get everything that was going on the first time. They really just threw you into the show and expected everyone to just be able to follow. Kind of happy they made the Prequel episodes, but then again not. They become too good friends from episode 1 to episode 2 of the prequel....
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1049

Character Sheet
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue10/21Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (10/21)
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue4/6Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (4/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Even though no one has commented on this for a long while, I just have to say that I adored Odd's voice in this episode. Very Happy
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue18/18Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Wasn't his and Jeremie's different through those episodes? XD
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:46 am

I thnk so...I want to say thre was a diffrnt voce actr for Od, but I'm not sure of the name...

It's sort of a nice toch, in a way...since they're the age when ther voces might strt changng a litle bit...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue7/17Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Teddygodzilla Left_bar_bleue3/3Teddygodzilla Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 am

Yeah, I didn't know if that was their original point to make their voices change though. Odd's voice was annoying in some parts though. :p
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah, that's true. XD In the French version, though, it's really high. xD And I think that through the majority of the episodes Jeremie and Aelita are voiced by the same person, which I find hilarious. XD
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Really? :O I'm pretty sure that Odd is voiced by a girl in the French version. It really is super high. XD
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah, it probably is a girl that does him. xD Which makes me laugh because he's a boy, but that gets the more not so deep voice that they would have at that age. XD
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

it would be sorta strange to voice a character for a show or movie. but i also think itd be fun!
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum