Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sissi

+22
SkystoneNumairian
RenaYumi
DarkerIndigo
Snickie
XANA25
LovelyMadness13
SeeMeInTheShadows
Soul Jelly
cya6
Adventurer411
Eilorae
AeonFrodo
Heart of Lyoko
Stella Luce 333
eseiprahs
A_QueenOfFairys
Koneko on lyoko
MoonlitxAngel
TechnoSam
Lyokofelinae
Atlas
aelitaxwilliam
26 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sissi - Page 7 Empty Re: Sissi

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:33 am

-stumbles in, nursing her wounds- Well, at any rate, I won't be writing anything until after I've recovered from that small ordeal. Razz

(Back on topic now everyone Wink)
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't want to interrupt your fight, but guys I have so many feels about Sissi.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm

She is easily one of my favourite, if not my favourite characters.

Hey, there's a chance they'll expand on her backstory/family life in S5. That'd be cool.

Also I have a ton of headcanon for her and Odd's relationship.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Please, share your feelings Rena!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Random observation whilst watching episode 33 (Final Mix) - Sissi runs up all excited to Odd and Ulrich about the principal letting her use the gymnasium to host the dance party, and her and Odd seem to actually get on. Ulrich just kind of stares at her, but he's busy worrying about his maths test so I think that's justified.

Idk, just worth mentioning that they're not always that antagonistic towards each other. It's probably Sissi just boasting to anyone who'd listen, but I was just kind of surprised to note that how easily they got along in a run-of-the-mill conversation.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:34 pm

I just see so much in her character-- like there's so much back story that's been dumbed down for the sake of a kid's show. Like the absence of her mother, what living at the school has done to change her and that fact that while she's 'popular' so so alone in the world.

Don't get me wrong when she screeched at Ulrich I want to end her. I just think there's more to her.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 pm

^ Truthtruthtruth.

Soul_Jelly wrote:Random observation whilst watching episode 33 (Final Mix) - Sissi runs up all excited to Odd and Ulrich about the principal letting her use the gymnasium to host the dance party, and her and Odd seem to actually get on. Ulrich just kind of stares at her, but he's busy worrying about his maths test so I think that's justified.

Idk, just worth mentioning that they're not always that antagonistic towards each other. It's probably Sissi just boasting to anyone who'd listen, but I was just kind of surprised to note that how easily they got along in a run-of-the-mill conversation.

I really want her to be in the group for CLE. I know she was becoming more friendly with them at the end of Season Four, but you know how things go. I'd like to think the CL producers are more intelligent than that, but sometimes, what happens is that they erase all progress that was made between the antagonist and the protagonist/s. I don't want that to happen to Sissi. ;a; Please let there be a new secondary antagonist (and I say that, because with XANA around, it's not like Sissi was ever the true villain).
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue14/18Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue4/5Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 am

I think it would be interesting for her to be part of the gang, but still sort of a mean girl…She reminds me a little tiny bit of Cordelia or Anya from Buffy…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue7/17Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue3/3Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkerIndigo Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 am

That would be pretty good. And maybe we would see more of Taelia.
DarkerIndigo
DarkerIndigo
Blok
Blok

Female Posts : 35

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 am

I honestly think that, going into the series, the writers pictured Sissi and Odd ending up together. There are too many occurences, like in Just in Time, or when they're together in the internet, or when they crash into each other in XANA Awakens.

And that leads me to think they they may have debated letting her into the group. Maybe it's my author's side talking, but I kind of consider her entering the group for a brief time in XANA Awakens as the writers way of shwoing what really did almost happen.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 pm

That's an interesting thought. I don't know if I'd want to see that though. If only because I really dislike the whole everybody gets paired up and all is well sort of thing. That, and I have my own plans for Sissi that don't include Odd (I secretly ship her with Jeremie or Ulrich, um).

*randomness* I know it's way too late for this, but I want to see Sissi with a younger sibling. I love sibling banter so much, and it's even better if it involves Sissi!
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 am

I’d love to see that…Maybe it would bring out her softer side…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 am

It's not too late! Kadic is the equivalent of a junior high, so her sister may be off somewhere else. I could just see it: car pulls up, you see her fashionable shoes, and then slowly up to her face, where you see the mirror image of Sissi. (Or they could be completely different, which would also be interesting!)
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:03 am

(Note: I'm already half out the door so I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, I would check but I should be gone as is.)

Re-watching all the episodes I always thought they would reveal something from Sissi's past, like some sort of tragic event that caused her overall terribleness. You know, people take bad news differently (i.e. a death in the family). Some people react as you'd expect and drown in sadness, others become bitter and lash out.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have enjoyed a flashback to nice, sweet little Elizabeth.
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by CarthagoDelenda Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:39 pm

Goodness gracious this is a long topic!

I've always found it interesting that, in times of strife, Sissi nearly always steps up to the plate in order to impress the Lyoko Warriors. See: The Trap, Ultimatum. I actually find it kind of unfortunate that she keeps getting that character development reversed.
CarthagoDelenda
CarthagoDelenda
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 pm

@Sky, your post made me wonder something that you may tried to allude to, but I'm not sure. Now, I'm not sure if Sissi has had a traumatic past or not, but I almost wonder about her huge aversion to the name "Elizabeth", almost as if she feels she's gone past that name to become something different. And Sissi does sound a bit...meaner, if you will, or at least more teenager-y. Very Happy

@Carth, I know, that's such a shame too. I pretty much believe that it's the writers way of keeping a lesser villian for all thier B-plots while still whowing more of the personality. Or the different writers had different opinions or whatnot. But it does provide interesting viewpoints for fanfiction, yes? (Or at least that's how I use it). I think it would particularly interesting to see how one of the XANA attacks expanded.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

That's a good one, Shadows. I think names do mean a lot. Though it's funny, because it does sound meaner, but it also reminds me when I was younger. Like, you know, when you'd call someone a sissy because they were wimpy in your eyes or something like that. I do wonder how far the directions/producers thought into the names!

And definitely, Sky! I really wish we'd have seen something that alluded to some trauma in her past. I like to think that people wouldn't act that way without a reason. If it were an irrational reason, it'd be nice to see her try to justify it. I don't like to think that most people act nasty for the sake of...acting nasty. Besides, more Sissi canon material. You can never go wrong with that.

Carth, you have SUCH a great point there. I agree with Shadows that the writers probably did it on purpose so that they'd always have Sissi, "our good ol' lesser villain", but any character development she got really got backspaced a lot of the time. It's sad because you wonder what would've happened if she'd remembered the times she helped them and how she wasn't always received so negatively when she gave help instead of annoyance.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm

i just came across this and im not going to read the 12 pages of replies so im just going to say what i need to say: Sissi was my least favorite character as a kid cause of how pathetic and annoying she was. Now as a young adult, she's my favorite character because of how open to development she is. As much as i hate SissiXUlrich, your friendly neighborhood Cya Wrote a fic that really showed that it could work. I absolutely love OddXSissi because of how much of a cute couple they make(also, the show foreshadows the hell out of it).
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey since it CLE, should we talk about sissi, and this is a dead post

Well we all know she is argon spoild brat but now i wonder how if Sissi has turn into a new leaf some sort any ideas?
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue13/27Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/2Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Well, we know she's gonna be in Evolution, sans Herb and Nicholas. Wonder how that'll pan out.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh coool, soo I'm wondering who shall be Sissi and I hope she is pretty because I like Sissi
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue13/27Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Sissi - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/2Sissi - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Soul wanted me to post my opinions of Sissi here since I mentioned in another thread that I didn't like her, so....yeah I guess here it is. Please don't pelt me with rotten fruit.

Overall, I say that the basic reason that I strongly dislike Sissi is because she reminds me of all those girls who used to pick on me in high school. That's the flat line overall reason that I don't like her.

But there are other reasons that I don't like the character as well.

First off, I find the times where she's being legitimately nice to the Lyoko Warriors (Missing Link for instance) forced. I watch her and it seems as though it's a different character entirely and I don't like it. I'm not saying that I don't like giving Sissi the opportunity to be nice, but it's just that I find when she is, it's like the writers are forcing it. I don't like that.

Second, I just don't click well with people like Sissi to begin with. Being "the principle's daughter" and throwing around that title, she often used it for her own selfish purposes...yeah not a fan of that. (Granted I am well aware she used her position to help the Lyoko warriors on numerous occasions as well). Also, I'm not into "fashion" or gawking at boys, or love stories or anything like that so, really, we have nothing in common to make a connection with.

Thirdly, she can be downright vindictive and manipulative. I don't like vindictive people and people who are mean for no real reason. I mean, remember how she treated Aelita at the beginning of season 2...before Aelita was able to stand up to her? And manipulative folks...well let's just say I have a really personal reason for steering away from manipulative people in general.

Fourthly, and I think this was touched on earlier on in the topic, her character does not go through much character growth (which even I'll admit is a shame because her character does have a lot of potential). I find it hard to just connect with the character because she doesn't grow.

And finally, she just annoys me. I'm not really sure why she annoys as much as she does, she just does.

That being said, I know she's an integral part of the story and would never wish that she never came on the show. And there are times where I don't mind her. It's just that those times are very few and far between for me to like her. I would agree that she's a character that could have been given far more depth than she was given. Maybe if she was a more well-rounded character and we came to a realization that there was a reason she acted the way that she did...maybe I'd like her. Maybe. But...yeah...I guess those are my thoughts on Sissi and why I don't like her.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks for sharing Quin. ^_^

I actually agree with most of your points, haha. I think the way I see it is this; I like Sissi as a character, but I would never ever want to be friends with her if she were real. I do tend to focus more on Sissi's good points, so it's good to be reminded of her bad aspects so that she remains a balanced character in my perspective.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 am

I’d avoid her too…She would probably have been the ringleader for the bullies at my middle school…

The very few times I’ve written from her perspective have actually been sort of fun, though. Maybe because her personality is so different from mine? I guess I’m sort of neutral about her. She’s part of the show & very handy when you need a mean girl, but I wouldn’t hang out with her irl…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah, I have no arguments that she possesses positive qualities about her, it's just for me I haven't seen enough of the good to overcome the bad. Eh. I hope if we see her in Evolution she does grow and evolve because she is a character I'd like to like, but I just can't yet.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next