Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XANA's Gender

+20
The Pastamancer
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
Dobermutt
DarkerIndigo
Atlas
Lyokofelinae
troganx1
Eilorae
TechnoSam
ArgentDandelion
MizuDunbar
SMARTAgentKC
Gocaclleta
Soul Jelly
eseiprahs
Coto524
CodeXanadu25
A_QueenOfFairys
X.A.N.A.'s Queen
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

XANA's Gender - Page 2 Empty Re: XANA's Gender

Post by LongHairedAelita Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Well... they always refer to XANA as a he... So I guess he's a male?

But yet, XANA is a female's name. So I guess he might be both? xD Lol Idk.
LongHairedAelita
LongHairedAelita
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1355

Character Sheet
Health::
XANA's Gender - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0XANA's Gender - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
XANA's Gender - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0XANA's Gender - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696154/LongHairedAelita

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 pm

I always thought of Xana as a "He." It never did occur to me that his gender might be a girl. Although
he's really just a computer program, and like many have said before, programs don't really have a gender.

But I just keep referring to him as a male... because I feel like guys would do more evil things than girls.
So there...
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 am

I'd say that it's a guy thinks it's a guuy and vice versa. There have been, however, hints that it seems male, in the last episode when you see Xana being destroyed in a spectre form, it scream out quite masculinely. When it's is init's only incarnation it takes on Jeremie's torm and it's voice is definately that of a man's.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet
Health::
Energy::
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

From a programmers perspective, I'd say XANA takes on more masculine attributes, simplly because it was coded by a man. I've seen code written by women and men, and there is a perceivable structural and organizational difference in most cases. Myself, when I write software, I always refer to my programs as she, or her. Like, she's being a real ***** about compiling, or, her for loops are iterating at a plus one error.

As an artificial intelligence, I think that raises another question, can an AI be assigned a traditional gender role, seeing as those characteristics developed over thousands of years due to external sexual attributes?
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2