Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prizes

3 posters

Go down

Prizes Empty Prizes

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:07 pm

As judges, you may or may not have a hand in making prizes. I was thinking some form of an icon, even take their ff.net icon and add a crown to it to symbolize winners. Of course something tiny that is easy to make can be given to all authors nominated.

Or, should the recognition be enough? They are getting a spot on the favorites wall/ community of The Carthage Awards.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Prizes Empty Re: Prizes

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 pm

From my experience of other fandoms and fic awards, sig-banners are usually the go-to prize. Personalise 'em with "[Author Name] [Story Title] [Winner of/Nominated for Category]" and then put Carthage Awards 2012 on there somewhere too? Don't get me wrong, prestige is great - and it'll be especially awesome if we can continue this year after year and have the competition build up a reputation - but it's nice to have a visual memento too imo. Very Happy

Maybe have someone make the 'Nominated for' ones and someone make the 'Winner of' ones (or even someone make all of the banners for a certain category, someone do another category, etc.) so we have some consistency in designs.

Those are my suggestions anyway. It takes me ages to make decent graphics so I'm not volunteering outright for this. However, if y'all are stuck I'll happily chip in.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 pm

I like avatars as an idea, since I've seen it done on FP (Some Kind of Wonderful Awards...do they sound familiar to anyone here?). And signatures like Jell said!

I was saying this to Shadows on YIM, but I think giving the winner of each category a review would be something to look into. And if a multi-chaptered story wins, then either do the last chapter or do two or three reviews instead. I feel like a lot of people use reviews to see how much a story has been recognised, even though reviews don't always correlate to the quality of a story, and it could be a way for us to recognise the winners.

Jell...this is JUST like the plotbunnies situation. We have more graphics for you to do!
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Prizes Left_bar_bleue14/18Prizes Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Prizes Left_bar_bleue4/5Prizes Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Prizes Left_bar_bleue0/0Prizes Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 am

aelitaxwilliam wrote:

I was saying this to Shadows on YIM, but I think giving the winner of each category a review would be something to look into. And if a multi-chaptered story wins, then either do the last chapter or do two or three reviews instead. I feel like a lot of people use reviews to see how much a story has been recognised, even though reviews don't always correlate to the quality of a story, and it could be a way for us to recognise the winners.

This is an excellent idea.
I guess we'd send it from the Carthage Awards fanfic account? We could all write our bit and then leave it as a long review (maybe?). However we do it, I'm all for this! Like you say, reviews do say something for recognition (and not only that, but they're nice to receive).

aelitaxwilliam wrote:Jell...this is JUST like the plotbunnies situation. We have more graphics for you to do!

I feared as such. Wink Haha, no worries. Bring it on.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum