Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Them Oneshots :D

2 posters

Go down

Them Oneshots :D Empty Them Oneshots :D

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:53 pm

I write, and a lot of times, that writing tends to be oneshots, because they're so fun to write and you don't have to worry about updating and plot development. You plan, you write, you post, and then you sit back and relax. So here's my oneshots. Very Happy Be warned, I'm going from newest to oldest, so some of the ones near the bottom may be...a little different than the ones closer to the top.

Beneath the Waxing Moon: Odd. Plus Aelita. Plus A haunted house and a serial killer. Equals?
Fairy Girl: Snow White never had to stop and wonder about her name. Aelita didn't have that luxury. 100 word drabble.
Stone's Throw Away: They're all on the verge of madness.
Standy Mode: They're stuck at the airport during the worst blizzard in over a century and no one knows they're supposed to be cousins. OxA.
Until Six O'Clock: In one hour, anything and everything can happen at Kadic.
Black Rose: Somehow, he just knew that she would want the black rose. Written for the XL Crazy Pairing Challenge.
All's Fair: Sometimes love is a little less on the legal side of the law... Jeremy/Aelita
Wishing Upon a Star: When Aelita looks at the stars, she remembers a poem that she knew before, in a different life. She begs for the impossible to be granted, whether or not that is a good thing is not always clear. OddXAelita
Past Tense: To Yumi, life and happiness are all in the past tense. But all it takes is a certain someone and a little bit of ice cream to pull her back into the happiness of the present.
Gamble:It’s your choice, really. Stay on that cliff and be safe, or fall, and maybe those wings will support you and you’ll fly.
Running: Odd keeps running, he needs to get to the factory, but XANA has taken control of the local police force and most of the adults in the city. Odd must figure out a way to escape, but escaping might not be an option in the dangerous game XANA plays.

And if that wasn't enough, I used to be a tragedy writer! (Seriously, lots of character death: lots of chracter death- it was a little scary, IMO). I took all (or the majority, at least) of those stories down, and they're all pretty bad, Shadows-a-couple-years-ago writing, and it just wasn't the direction I wanted to take my writing (I do purges every now and again of my stories) but if you want to check them out, you can shoot me a PM and I'll reply back with the story. Some of you old-timers may or may not remember them. Very Happy

Seven Tears: There are seven times in his life that Ulrich distinctively remembers crying. If you could call what Ulrich did crying. Each tear was for something different, each tear was for a different reason. Each time left him with a horrible feeling that he was never able to get out of; each time impacted his life forever. Hints of U/Y.
Blood Colored Rain: When Odd goes out drinking one night, he doesn't expect to get hit by a car on his way home. He doesn't expect to be lying on a road, bleeding to death. He's dying, and he can only wait for the help that he's not sure is coming.
Come Back: Ulrich waits for Yumi one day, and Odd tries to help him see the truth. Ulrich/Yumi
Hello: Ulrich wakes up from a deep sleep hurting and alone in a deserted wasteland. There is not a living thing in sight, he knows something had happened, and he's beginning to wonder what. The answer might not be one he necessarily wants to hear.

SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Them Oneshots :D Empty Re: Them Oneshots :D

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm

I've read most of these, I think, and your writing is awesomely awesome. I especially liked Six O'Clock (I really will review this one day...maybe), when you explored the more minor characters. You managed to give them life, personality, and struggles all in an hour. And best of all, you did it within short snippets, and didn't do overly long descriptions or anything like that.

Totally excited to see more writing from you. Very Happy
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Them Oneshots :D Left_bar_bleue14/18Them Oneshots :D Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Them Oneshots :D Left_bar_bleue4/5Them Oneshots :D Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Them Oneshots :D Left_bar_bleue0/0Them Oneshots :D Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Kelly! <3

I basically revamped Running, complete with a new name: The Escape Route! It's not going to be a oneshot anymore, but I figured since the first chapter could be a oneshot and it started as a oneshot, and it will probably be a while before I post the next chapter still qualifies it for this topic. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down