Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fansubbing CL Evolution

+6
Coto524
Koneko on lyoko
Atlas
Tsunamix
digitick
Soul Jelly
10 posters

Go down

Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty Fansubbing CL Evolution

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 am

S'up everyone!

With CLE on the horizon, although there's a dub happening a lot of people still want fansubs. There's a growing team of people interested in helping out and if anyone from XL wants in on this, please check out cleenglish.tumblr.com or Code Lyoko Evolved.

Roles include transcribing (writing down the spoken French from the show), translating (translating the transcribed French into English) and subbing (which involves putting the actual subtitles over the episodes).

Smile
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty Re: Fansubbing CL Evolution

Post by digitick Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

I got the episode from a fan over at Codelyoko.fr, and I'm busy with subbing, but ugh... it's taking awhile because I don't know French and doing the transcribing + translating is going so slowly T_T

If I just had a copy of the script....

digitick
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm

digitick wrote:I got the episode from a fan over at Codelyoko.fr, and I'm busy with subbing, but ugh... it's taking awhile because I don't know French and doing the transcribing + translating is going so slowly T_T

If I just had a copy of the script....
For you: http://clewilan.tumblr.com/post/38317845410
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by digitick Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Oh man, thanks! Ho ho ho, subbing, here we go! Very Happy

digitick
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm

How does the fansubbing actually rate to the more known fansubbers for like anime and foreign films?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue5/10Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue4/12Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/5Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Atlas wrote:How does the fansubbing actually rate to the more known fansubbers for like anime and foreign films?
It's very good fansubbing Very Happy It's clear and easy to read, unlike some fansubs I've seen for other shows. There have been times when subs have been pixelated/blurry, herd to read, they go to fast, blend in with the video too much and are generally confusing, but these ones aren't. I also like that they use a different colour for each character.

In terms of translation, I can't comment too much as my french isn't great, but it is in standard English whereas other dubs can be a bit fragmented in terms of the English; a Fairy Tail movie sub that I saw for example.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue19/19Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue1/1Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/0Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:50 am

One of the problems with subs is that all the jokes and puns have to be translated, and sometimes they just don't work.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue19/19Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue9/9Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/0Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 am

Well that's just the nature of going into a different language in general methinks.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue5/10Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue4/12Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/5Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm very impressed with the fansubs personally. Granted I have little experience with subs as a general rule, but the quality is great. The text isn't blurry in the least and it flows well. As far as accuracy, well, I don't know French so I can't help there.

And, I think Atlas is right. That's the nature of translating. It's why the English dubs will never match up perfectly with the French dubs. Each language has it's own idioms and jokes that don't translate well unless you understand the culture and whatnot.

QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Wordplay is another hard part to cross-translate.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm on the subbing team (just subbing, lmao, I'm not fluent in French in the slightest), and I know the team works really hard to translate. We have native English speakers that translate, which I think helps with jokes and puns. And native French speakers (along with native English speakers) also transcribe the episode in French. The translators do a really good job of making sure the message is got across. Smile
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue14/18Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue4/5Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh yeah, definitely not complaining! I love it and I'm very very thankful for it. And you all do great work. I've been so very impressed with what all of you do. Thank you! Smile
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, I didn't think you were complaining but like, I swear, the work the translators do is AMAZINNNGGGG. So I take every chance I can to tell everyone about their amazing work! I'll pass on the message though Very Happy
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue14/18Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue4/5Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 pm

On a somewhat relevant note, how fast do subs normally get released after the original airing of an episode?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 am

From what I’ve noticed, they seem to go up really quickly…So far, the list is up to episode 14 (I’m not sure how new it is, but I think that just aired last weekend)…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue7/17Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Fansubbing CL Evolution Left_bar_bleue3/3Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm

The beta subs (the ones that aren't checked over for spelling/grammar/subbing/other errors yet) are released around four days after the episode, I'd say? I usually get the episode and scripts on Sunday or Monday and then my deadline will be Tuesday or Wednesday. Sometimes, one person just does it herself (she also checks the videos for errors, so she's the main tech person, really--and she's also a lovely person if you ever talk to her!), and I think those go up even quicker.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Fansubbing CL Evolution Empty Team Yumi subs

Post by brenster21 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:39 pm

hi, i just thought i should join this discusion about the subs for code Lyoko Evolution. I am from team yumi and we also create subs for code Lyoko evolution. it usually takes us the weekend to write them and correct them.

brenster21
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:10 pm

That's pretty interesting to know. Thanks for the insight!
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by brenster21 Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm

we do our subbing herein the english section

http://forum.codelyoko.net/viewforum.php?f=41

brenster21
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content