Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More interaction with the users..

5 posters

Go down

More interaction with the users.. Empty More interaction with the users..

Post by lunarstar14 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 am

So, since I became a Trial Mod, I decided to look over the Projects in the January Agenda. Since one of the projects sparked an idea, I thought I would share it since it could become an extensive idea throughout the entire forum for other mods as well.

More interaction with the users would be very nice, and a good way to do that would be to have someone on the team with the appropriate time on their hands for such a job, like myself for instance. I have nothing to do during the day, and while becoming a mod would just be sitting back and making sure things go right if everyone else does their job, there's more behind the scenes to make people feel more welcome at the forum.

You know how the forum tells you when someone has a birthday coming up? Someone with the appropriate time on their hands should stick around to send said user a Happy Birthday message. It would make people feel more inclined to be here if they knew they'd be getting a message celebrating their birthday on the forum.

This would not be mandatory, and it doesn't have to be required, but I plan to do this on my own, regardless of if anyone actually agrees with the idea. I hope it doesn't sound like too much to do, but I rather like the idea.

Tell me what you guys think, especially the mods. I'd like to hear you guys' opinion as well.

-Luna

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 67

Character Sheet
Health::
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue0/0More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue0/0More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

More interaction with the users.. Empty Re: More interaction with the users..

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 am

I think that's a really nice idea, it'd be good to have someone(yourself like you suggested) to always do it and anyone else should if they're online and see that it's someones birthday, even if they aren't necessarily active anymore, sending a PM doesn't hurt Very Happy
Hmm....what other things like that could we do?
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue19/19More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue1/1More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarstar14 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 am

Hm.. I don't know, I haven't really thought about anything else we could do.. xD

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am

The core point of this idea has been brought up before in the staff, but I'll reiterate.

By all means, if you feel that your contact with the members is inadequate, change it. No project initiative is going to help you do that. I can't mandate you getting along with members.

So feel free so long as it doesn't interfere with any other duties or guidelines.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue5/10More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue4/12More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
More interaction with the users.. Left_bar_bleue0/5More interaction with the users.. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Agree with Atlas. I personally think as a mod, interacting with the members goes without saying. Generally, too, people post happy birthday wishes in the general chat when a member's birthday is announced, but a PM would be a nice idea. ^^
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarstar14 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:20 pm

I've gotten started on that, on my own actually. I want to put something toward my mod trials, so I figured that would be something of interest for it. Of course, there's not much going on with the forum right now that could go toward it until the projects actually start, which will boost activity. xD

lunarstar14
Creeper
Creeper

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm

On the Cantr forums, there's a separate, specific thread for posting birthday wishes publicly, whereas here they tend to just get buried amongst the other jabber that goes around in the GC. I don't know whether or not this has already been started since my last visit here this morning since I haven't read that far just yet today, but I can go ahead and start it up if it's not already there.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down