Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories

+2
Stella Luce 333
Atlas
6 posters

Go down

Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 am

We've all had our kind of ideas about this but I just want to collect them all here and then explain why my idea is the bestest best of them all. Razz

Anyway, to not make a giant display of it with graphs and such my thoughts on how RTTP works is that you're not actually going back in time but rather to an infinitesimally similar congruent universe based essentially on the many-worlds quantum theory.

How did you guys head-canon the RTTP to have it make sense?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty Re: Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 am

Quantum theory is a little bit too daunting for me, so I think I just accepted it. In the first season it seemed like it was something that just happened when Alita entered the code…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty Re: Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories

Post by Coto524 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah, Stella's right. I think normally people get round it by not head-canoning it at all.

But if I had to pose a theory for how it worked, I'd say that basically, every molecule has a 'memory' of where it's been and what state it's been in. And the RTTP taps into that, hijacks molecules and forces them back to where they were and how they were. This requires a huge release of energy - the big dome of light - and the massive amounts of fuel needed aren't a problem, because in the end the program runs itself on the fuel. Perhaps a permanently-installed uranium rod?

...There are tons of holes in this theory. I will now go and sit in the corner and despair about my life.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue9/9Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:33 am

If I tried to headcanon the RTTP, my head would probably explode.

So I just accept it at face value. Very Happy
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Well you people are no fun >.>
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey, I'm loads of fun. Just not that smart! Razz
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

If you hadn't deleted the archives we could have resurrected your entire spiel on Quantum theory we posted back in July or August or whenever it was. Razz

This topic would probably still be just as dead since everyone else seems pretty clueless on Quantum Physics jargon, but still. :3
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I remember contributing to that topic. Can't recall anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm

No worries people the graphs are coming up again and part of the reason I brought the topic up was exactly for that reason. Twisted Evil
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fawkes39 Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Am I the only one that feels that excessive RTTP would cause some horrifying mental issues?

Last edited by fawkes39 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar >.>)
fawkes39
fawkes39
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 255

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue18/18Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:29 pm

No, you're not. :3

I kind of believe that all the RTTPs are causing radiation damage to those whose memories aren't affected by it, i.e. the Lyoko warriors.

Last edited by Snickie on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fawkes39 Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:44 am

Its possible, id imagine they'd also get some intense deja-vu daily. But think about the Lyoko Warriors? Having to relive the day over again after seeing XANA attack their friends and family with the environment around them would probably cause some psychological damage. (sorry my spelling and grammar has been beyond atrocious lately, if something doesn't make much sense I apologize)
fawkes39
fawkes39
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue18/18Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 am

The RTTP rarely jumps back multiples of 24 hours, which means that their body clocks must be right out of whack. It's like jet lag, but you don't even get to spend time abroad.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue9/9Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:31 am

Wouldn’t spending time on Lyoko be the same as spending time abroad, in this case?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko Return to the Past Theories Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by fawkes39 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 am

Time abroad with Lazes and monsters but yeah I guess it counts Razz
fawkes39
fawkes39
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 am

It just makes your vacation more exciting, lol!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down