Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLE English Dub Voices

5 posters

Go down

CLE English Dub Voices Empty CLE English Dub Voices

Post by Snickie Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Did anybody get to see the dub of this episode today?

It's cool that I now get to actually pay attention to what the people are doing because I don't have to stare at subtitles. But the voices.... ASDGHAJ ;A; Odd sounds like a girl and Aelita sounds like a boy, and Jeremie's all... eugh... and Yumi is too high and William is too dark-and-whatever. And they all sound so cheesy.
....I wonder if they sound this cheesy to the French audience. xD I don't know much about French vocal inflections...

Last edited by Snickie on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

CLE English Dub Voices Empty Re: CLE English Dub Voices

Post by Smartguy5000 Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh god the voices are terrible. I can't take the dub seriously. My didly holes are displeased.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

I don't think that they're terrible, but definitely not good either.

I'm kind of hoping that this dub turns into the original CL where the first few English episode dubs were pretty bad but then it evolved (pardon the pun) into the voices we came to know and love. They do say it takes a few episodes for VAs to get comfortable with their characters. I hope that this happens with Evolution as well.

That being said, I have definitely heard much worse but I won't praise it as being the best either.

BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO START WITH EPISODE 5?!
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet
Health::
CLE English Dub Voices Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE English Dub Voices Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
CLE English Dub Voices Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE English Dub Voices Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:21 am

Because Moonscoop.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:02 am

It’s not amazing, but not completely terrible…I think Jeremy’s voce can definitely be improved, but the quality isn’t bad. Except for a few close up shots, you can’t tell that it’s a dub unless you look really closely…

I think it’s really weird that they started with Episode 5, especially when it doesn’t really show anything about the new plot developments we’ve seen so far (The Cortex, Lara, etc.)…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CLE English Dub Voices Left_bar_bleue7/17CLE English Dub Voices Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CLE English Dub Voices Left_bar_bleue3/3CLE English Dub Voices Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Snickie wrote:Did anybody get to see the dub of this episode today?

It's cool that I now get to actually pay attention to what the people are doing because I don't have to stare at subtitles. But the voices.... ASDGHAJ ;A; Odd sounds like a girl and Aelita sounds like a boy, and Jeremie's all... eugh... and Yumi is too high and William is too dark-and-whatever. And they all sound so cheesy.
....I wonder if they sound this cheesy to the French audience. xD I don't know much about French vocal inflections...

I watched the first dubbed episode last weekend, and I thought the voice acting was not good at all. The fact that they started with episode five (which I didn't know at the time was in fact #5), made it worse for me.

but...

As soon as I came across the subbed french episodes (I started with #1), I thought CLE was a lot better. Even though I don't remember a lot of french from when I learned in high school, I was fine with reading the subtitles. This is sort of a general discussion thought, but the 3d animation they did with lyoko was awesome.
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

CLE English Dub Voices Empty CLE English Dub Voices

Post by QuinSeparable Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:11 pm

I've seen a couple people who have only seen the subbed version that Kabillion has and they don't like Evolution because of it. That worries me. Every time I come across someone like that, I direct them to the French subs and explain that dub was not the first episode.

Glad that you've looked for the French subs. Evolution is so much better when you know what's going on! Smile

Smartguy5000 wrote:Because Moonscoop.

Troll Moonscoop is trollin'.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm

I split this topic from the episode 5 discussion because it wasn't fully relevant.

So I was watching it yesterday instead of writing that essay, and I thought that Odd's voice was strangely familiar. Then I realized it sounded like one of the voices from MLPFIM. So I did some comparison between Odd's voice and Babs Seed's voice.... and apart from the accent, they're pretty indistinguishable in some parts.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch CLE English dub with a straight face ever again. ;A; WHY DID ODD HAVE TO BE DUBBED BY A GIRL HE WAS DUBBED BY A GUY IN THE ENGLISH CARTOON ASFHEKLF
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: