Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play rules and ranking.

Go down

Role Play rules and ranking.  Empty Role Play rules and ranking.

Post by Koneko on lyoko Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 am

Well, I'm sure all of you know what RP/role playing is and for those of you who don't, here's a brief explanation. Normal role play is very similar to the Arena, except we don't have all the statistics and it's not fighting 24/7, so in a way, it's like the Earth section, but you can have whatever story you want! Zombies, secret agents, parallel universes, anything you like Very Happy

Now then, to make life easier, Rps will be ranked in three different colours, each with it's own specifics. The colours are green, orange and red; a traffic light system shall we say. Also, just because an RP may start off with one colour, doesn't mean it can't evolve to another(you may request to have it moved up), however a mod/admin can step in at any time if they believe the RP is going too far(more on this in a moment).
Green: Certificate U, fanfiction rating K/K+ etc... These RPs are suitable for all ages. Meaning that bad language isn't allowed/is discouraged, unless we're talking “fudge” or “sugar” but again, these don't always need to be used, you don't always need to curse to get a point across. No adult themes in general, nothing but cutesy fluff for romance and no excessive violence/gore. Verbal arguments and maybe the grabbing of a shirt collar, but nothing that could cause a serious injury, maybe a bruise or a scratch. Not counting fights on Lyoko.
Orange: A step up from the green, maybe a fanfic T rating. Mild, and I say mild, language is allowed, but bear in mind the forums own rules and filter, and also note what I said earlier, you don't always have to swear to make a point. Romance can be hugs and kisses, but nothing too graphic guys, at least not on screen anyway :PViolence can leave more serious injuries that may leave scars/put someone in hospital, but no excessive blood and gore.
Red: Literally a red area, an RP can continue even with this rating, but it may be treading on thin ice and possibly running the risk of being closed. Swearing is allowed, but please remember the forums own rules on this and that the filter will probably change most of what you say. Romance is allowed to be more than a hug and a kiss, but still nothing too graphic. Violence can be bloodier and more intense, but there are limits to this, as well as the intent behind the violence.
Torture, rape, racism, sexism and any derivatives of those are a strict no and will result in the instant locking of the RP.

There are basic rules that apply to everyone:
1. No power playing, god modding or meta gaming: power playing is when you control another user character and force them to do things they may not want to do, god modding is when your character is invincible and meta gaming is using ooc information that your character shouldn't know and giving them this knowledge.
2. Don't post twice in a row.
3. When talking ooc, use ((double brackets)).
4. You must read the RP's topic in the RP organization before and fill out any character sheet there might be before blindly joining the RP, even if you are using your Arena OC we still need some information on your character within that topic for others.

Before you start your RP, you need to get the go ahead from myself or another mod if I'm not available. Once that's sorted, people can start signing up and then you can make the topic for the RP itself.

However, if you're starting an RP, you must be willing to share information on the RP itself with me(probably through PM), and you must be prepared for me to take over the RP should you become inactive. I'll need to now how the RP works, any plans that you have for it(introducing new NPCs, adding a plot twist, etc...), about the character of the NPC that's in charge if there is one and any other information that is important to the development of your RP.  This isn't here for me to take away your RP from you or anything, this is just to stop your RP from dying if you leave for whatever reason. If you know that you're going to be inactive, then please PM me telling me when/how long. I will also pick up your RP if you are inactive for over two weeks.

If you want a picture of your character, but you're having some problems finding one you like, then use the character creators here, there's a huge range of genre's so I'm sure you'll find something you like Very Happy
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Health::
Role Play rules and ranking.  Left_bar_bleue19/19Role Play rules and ranking.  Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Energy::
Role Play rules and ranking.  Left_bar_bleue1/1Role Play rules and ranking.  Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Experience::
Role Play rules and ranking.  Left_bar_bleue0/0Role Play rules and ranking.  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down