Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. J's Fanfic Thread.

+3
Soul Jelly
aelitaxwilliam
Dr. J
7 posters

Go down

Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty Dr. J's Fanfic Thread.

Post by Dr. J Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

So some of you might know me as Dr. Jeremiah from FF. I often show up, write furiously for a few weeks, and then vanish for a while. If your interested, I have a new story up called A Small Wager. I think it's good, but I would like some constructive crit. Anyway, here is a link to my profile. I'd love to post my profile, but I can't yet, so look me up! I'm also always looking for JerLita or JerYumi prompts, so let me know if you have any. One word prompts are especially fun.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2811485/Dr_Jeremiah

Last edited by Dr. J on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet
Health::
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue0/0Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue0/0Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty Re: Dr. J's Fanfic Thread.

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey. :D I'm not really a fan of Jerlita, but I am willing to put aside our very meager differences, because you like JerYumi and that is good enough for me. Yumi just goes good with anyoneee.

I'm not feeling extremely productive right now, but I'll try to get to one of your stories when I get a chance. P: I just have to warn you, and AeonFrodo, Tsunamix, and Adventurer411 can directly attest to this, I take forever to review anything. SeeMeInTheShadows and Binary10 can attest to my general laziness, I think (and yes! these fabulous authors are ALL On. This. Forum, and more too) A_QueenOfFairys is on XL also (one of the awesomest artists of the CL fandom? yes, yes, it's all true, don't faint out of excitement), and so many other people are really, but it'd take me forever to list them ;a;

And not sure if this is down your alley, but we do have a 100 Word Drabbles challenge here at XL. As the title implies, you write one hundred words with the current prompt. The latest prompt is ending today, but still. You can look at previous drabbles for inspiration and even use them for your writing on FFN instead. Smile

Also, if you'd like, you could make an intro thread to let everyone know of your arrival to this lovely forum. I swear, most of us don't bite (it'd be cheating if I told you who, though).
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue14/18Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue4/5Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh hey, I spotted you on ff.net recently and reviewed one of your fics, I think!

Always grand to see another JérémiexAelita shipper. Very Happy
I've been dying to write something JérYumi myself, we should get together and trade prompts or something. Razz Life is super busy for me right now but I'll probably dip into your new fic when I get time, always good to have new fic to read.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Holy Crap, 411's on here too? I played mentor to that most excellent writer for a while. That's great news!
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonFrodo Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, a lot of good authors are on here, and are coming up recently because of Code Lyoko Evolution News. Anyway, you should post in the introduction topic and introduce yourself. A lot of people would get to know you better and suggest awesome things you can do on this forum.
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3780

Character Sheet
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue11/23Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (11/23)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue2/4Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Going to post a link to your awesome stories anytime soon? Razz
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue20/20Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue3/3Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Hark, a preview of my Magnum Opus, seen here on XL before being seen anywhere else. Tell me what you think!

They say that the world is full of more things then we ever dreamed in our philosophy. Whatever they tell you, remember that this is true. I know, because I've been part of it. This is my story, and believe me, if it sounds crazy, or out their, it is true.

-Jeremie Belpois, Kadic Academy.

"It first began just after we materialized Aelita for the first time. Ulrich and Odd began complaining of strange dreams, and feelings of deja Vu. Nothing had really happened to Yumi, but I had the feeling that she and were not far behind."

"I can definitely remember the first time it happened, as it was a bit awkward, for all involved."

Jeremie Belpois, widely regarded as Kadic's up and coming star slept, taking a well deserved rest. For the first time in two years, he could sleep without fear of a midnight attack. However, his rest was not to last. In another world, something was stirring.

Jeremie yawned, stretching his arms and legs wide. He felt refreshed, rejuvenated. Frankly, he felt amazing. Rolling over, the young genius felt around for his glasses. Finding the wiry frame, Jeremie pulled the onto his face, turning around to check the time. However, instead Of a flashing alarmclock, our herocame face to face with something much moreserious. Lying ina a cocoon of blanket and sheet lay the softly breathing form of Yumi . Something was seriously wrong. So Jeremie reacted in the Only way he knew to react to something that should not be. With a scream, the genius scrambled away from Yumi, shrieking for Ulrich, his very loud fear woke up his strange bedfellow. She stirred from sleep to wakefulness in a split second, her eyes taking in the scene in a split second. It only took a second longer to notice her state of partial undress. Taking only long enough to cover herself with a blanket, she too began calling for Ulrich. Their combined calling brought the olive clad boy running. Before he said anything,Yumi began speaking.

"Well, it finally happened, just not at the ideal time."

"Do you really think he can handle it?"

"He has too. He's the only one who can."

"If you say , we should try and calm him down. After all, remember what Odd and Ulrich told us? No wonder he is freaking out"

"Yeah, your probably right, but I think he just passed out"

"That solves one problem at least. Come one, you gets arms, I'll get his legs."

With a heave, Ulrich and Yumi hoisted Jeremie up, setting off directly toward the factory.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

I am very very intrigued. Great start, will be following this when it's fully published! Nice to see you here and writing again, Doc.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 am

It is good to be back, and considering that I have semi constant access now, you'll see a bit more of me
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Yay! Like Soul said, intrigued, and nice to see you here again. Very Happy

omgIjustrealized.

YOU HAVE A STORY FOR NEGIMA.

I love negima. I have no idea how I didn't see that you'd written a story for it until now. o.O
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue20/20Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue3/3Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 am

Adventurer411 wrote:
I love negima. I have no idea how I didn't see that you'd written a story for it until now. o.O

YES ANOTHER NEGIMA FAN LET ME LOVE YOU omg

I also need to go read that story. I remember seeing it on your profile ages ago and having the same reaction as Vena XD
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 am

I actually just finished the manga a bit ago, and my ships majorly changed. NegixChachamaru, and FatexNodoka. Is very good ship.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:08 pm

OMGSOULYOULIKENEGIMA. Very Happy

YOUMAYLOVEME.

I didn't read the whole manga yet because I can only read it when I go to books a million; I'm on like the seventh book or so but they have a lot >.< I did watch the anime, and it's hilarious, though I'd have to say that my favorite anime is still Fruits Basket.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 pm

So folks, I need jxy prompts. I have my jxa for the time being, but I want an interesting prompt, so I have something to work on other then my magnum opus.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Yumi is sexually frustrated it Ulrich's inability to ever grow a sack. Aelita is upset at Jeremy's inability to read signs if he was hit by a pole. Aelita recruits Yumi to talk to Jeremy and try and help her out. Result is not as advertised.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue5/10Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue4/12Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Left_bar_bleue0/5Dr. J's Fanfic Thread. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Okay Big Boss, not exactly what I had in mind, but it did plant a bit of a seed.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

So folks, this is my second major project for this year. It was based on a Drabble, and it will be a multi chaptered fic focusing on the relationship between an 18 year old Jeremie, and his college professor, Dr. Aelita Schaeffer. This is the first bit. I'm interested in crit, focused on the Jerlita dichotomy, and my potrsyal of Jeremie. I have an ending in mind for this, so let me know what you think. I also want opinions on which of my major projects I should work on first. Also, anyone wanting to beta either one, hit me up.

"Jeremie, do you think that you could stay after class this afternoon?"

Jeremie Belpois, first year college student, and a year early to boot, jumped at the sudden question.,he had already begun his physics homework, and the professors request had taken him by surprise.

With nothing to hold him there, Jeremie had graduated from Kadic early, and gotten into a very prestigious college. His major was in "Theoretical Applications of Quantum Physics", and as such, he had quickly established a working relationship with his professor, who was one of the foremost in the new field.

His professor grinned, quickly offering an explanation.

"I just finished grading your essay, and some of the points you raised were very interesting, and I would like to discuss them, as one colleague to another."

Jeremie looked up from his laptop, the last statement taking him by surprise. The boy was brilliant, and no mistake, but even in the context of a professional relationship, he retained much of his teenage awkwardness.

Still, he was quite proud of his already significant contributions to the field, and discussing them might offer some insight.

"Of course," he answered, his voice slightly stuffy, and layered with just a touch of well earned arrogance.

His professor smiled, moving around her desk, bringing a shiny laptop with her. She pulled a desk over, various technical programs already running, filling the nearly silent classroom with the whirring of powerful hard drives. Jeremie's essay was open on the desktop, and he smiled at the opening paragraphs. Looking at it now, it had a slightly pretentious choice of wording. Someone of his, or his professors caliber would have little trouble understanding it, but the scientific terminology was years ahead of its time.

Jeremie's teacher highlighted a specific phrase, and one that he was particularly fond of. It illustrated his theory of a Temporal Distortion Shift, or the literal bending of time.

"This point in particular was fascinating to me, Jeremie. The implications for this kind of return to the past are almost Science Fiction, but the equation you use to support your theory is without any apparent flaws.

I could see this kind of technology becoming commonplace within the next fifteen years, or even sooner. "

Jeremie beamed at the praise, basking in the affirmation of his genius. Though only a professor, she had a very deep understanding of the mechanics of his proposed theory. His already considerable opinion of her was on the rise.

"Jeremie, would you be interested in presenting this to the Board of Applied Physics? I know at least one member who would be interested in backing your work."

Jeremie smirked, quite pleased at the recognition that he was receiving. A freshman going before the board was unheard off. However, he had one question.

"Who," said Jeremie haughtily, "is interested in my work?"

"That would be me,"

said his professor, smiling

"My name is Doctor Aelita Schaeffer."

Jeremie jumped.

Most of the early work in his theory was built upon Doctor Schaeffer's work,which he himself was intimately familiar with. However, very few people in the the country knew what Doctor Schaeffer looked like, and the Board had most of them under control already.

However, it made sense, in a roundabout way. What better way to keep an eye out for prospective talent then to teach the public their field. Jeremie found himself wondering what other famous teachers were secretly part of the Board.

All of these calculating thoughts flitted through our hero's brain in seconds, and in a moment he had formulated a response. A position on the Board was the end goal, and Miss Schaeffer could be integral in obtaining this goal.

"Almost too smoothly, Jeremie's agreement was voiced, his hidden motives coiling around the outwardly pleasant words. Here, wit and iron will were his only weapons.

Miss Schaeffer smiled at her pupil, and then with an almost lazy sentence, she disarmed his motives.

I can assure you that this partnership offers no benefit other than financial backing and my own personal resources. All truth be told, I'd rather flesh this idea out a bit more, before we present it to the Board.

Jeremie actually laughed. Miss Scheaffer was quite smart, and easily a verbal match. Whether or not her drive was his equal still remained to be seem.

"Very well," said Jeremie, "I look forward to working with you. However, I have some errands to run this evening."

"Prehaps we can meet tomorrow morning, todiscuss the nature of our plan."

Jeremie nodded assent to the proposed plan, then closed his laptop, placing it into his bag. Without another word, or even a farewell, he left the room.

That evening, Jeremie contemplated his colleague. As far as his people reading skill could ascertain, no hidden motive was present.Still, Dr. Schaeffer presented both a hindrance and a help to his plans, though it was almost certain that he could turn any situation to his advantage. Still, what little contact he had with her warned him to be wary. She was his intellectual equal,and should be treated with all the caution that entailed. Jeremie smiled. This would prove to be very interesting.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 am

Me and Vena have been working on our own version of this for a while, inspired by the same drabble. (The drabble was mine; it's The Road Not Taken in my drabble collection 'Recollections' if anyone wants to read it) I am soaking up the credit I deserve for inspiring so many people Cool)

Will be interesting to see what the differences are.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 am

I think that personality wise, it doesn't fit his natural progression from where he was before Aelita (in canon, Jeremie doesn't get what little self confidence he has until making progress with Aelita). Too much arrogance. Nonetheless, I like it alot, and it will be interesting to see where this goes.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I agree. This is good so far, but Jeremy's arrogance seems a little over the top. It isn't horribly OOC or anything near, but I think you could stand to tone down the arrogance.

Other than that, so far so good.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down