Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Dr. J Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Honestly, I'm in the process of rewatching CL. The animation is better than you give it credit. Also, I can honestly say that Aelita's new Lyoko Form isn't that bad. My only issue is how childish it looks.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm

The first season, there were episodes where you could see eye color on Lyoko. That's how we knew Aelita's were green, Ulrich's are brown, and Yumi's are black. We don't really know about Odd's, though, because they never really colored his, and same with Jeremie since we never saw his Lyoko form, and William since he wasn't on Lyoko until the very end of season 3, after they stopped doing that.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:03 am

Dr. J wrote:Also, I can honestly say that Aelita's new Lyoko Form isn't that bad. My only issue is how childish it looks.
Do you mean the outfit or the animation or something else?

And Aelita and Ulrich were the only ones with visible eye colours in season 1. Odd and Yumi both had the standard black eyes, and now we know their eye colours are gold and brown respectively. Black isn't a proper eye colour, not unless you have something like aniridia, which makes it very hard to see as well. And it's damn creepy too. So really the eye colour thing only applied to Aelita and Ulrich, dunno why though, and Aelita's were the only ones that carried through to the next seasons.

Speaking of eyes and stuff, I'm curious as to how they're going to do Xana-possessed eyes. and why did they get rid of Odd's cat eyes alsdasd
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 am

Yeah I was afraid of even thinking about how they are gonna do the entire possession scenes.

The eyes are gonna look extremely creepy. That might be intended though.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Contacts? I mean you can get sharingan contacts for Naruto so why not XANA symbol ones for CL Razz Or fancy computer stuff...I dunno, I'm just happy that they have eye colours now xD
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I meant how they'd do them visually, whether they'd keep the iris or make the whole eye white, how they're going to do the Xana eye...I drew a picture earlier, it'll probably give you a better idea of what I mean.

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Tumblr_mb8mrlheu11r7wla3o1_500

They'll probably do it with CGI though, that'd be relatively simple compared to everything else they're doing with it.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 am

Second one out of those two looks way better IMO.

XANA-contacts need to be a thing.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 am

_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 pm

inb4 the Skid is back.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

_Odd_ wrote:

Epic.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 pm

This looks so cool! It reminds me of Sector 5 a little bit, but that makes sense if this is XANA’s new home base…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyone else notice that ball of light is kind of reminiscent of Franz Hopper?
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:03 pm

_Odd_ wrote:Anyone else notice that ball of light is kind of reminiscent of Franz Hopper?

I think it's a homage to the core of Lyoko actually.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Actually, I agree with _Odd_ on this. It might not be Franz Hopper himself, but maybe it's Alan Meyers's way of interacting with the kids in a non-combative way and it just so happens to take the same form like Franz Hopper's bubble. Although I must say it would be so awesome imo if they were bringing Franz Hopper back, plus it would explain that actor (2laizee2lukuphisnaemlol) that looks kind of what I envision Franz Hopper would look like irl without the glasses.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:26 pm

^^ I sort of agree on that. I mean yeah, sure, it would be cool if Franz came back... but it would be kinda predictable. For example, Xana held him prisoner, and when Aelita lost her memories in 'The Key', he sacrificed himself for his daughter. Everyone thought he was gone. But, then they found his DNA code and realized he was still alive. Then, when Lyoko was destroyed in 'Final Round' they thought Franz was gone, again. But it turns out, he wasn't. Then, he sacrificed his energy to defeat Xana in 'Fight to the Finish'. And then for sure, everyone thought he was gone. So all I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a surprise if he ended up surviving...AGAIN.
It's just becoming really consistent...
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 am

That’s a good point, even though it would be awesome if Franz somehow survived…If it is Alan Meyer, the fact that he looks so much like Franz on Lyoko would really mess with Alita…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Ok so

I've seen this thumbnail of new rigs that someone made into a Blu-Ray graphic (fullview it - they're not from the videos we've seen so far)

Spoiler:
Does anyone know where the original is? D:

EDIT: Never mind, I found it here but it's not very big.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 am

After looking at those past two videos, I really think the 3D is going to look extremely good, and more immersive than in past seasons.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

For crying out loud, show us some live action trailers pleeeeeease!!! I love listening to guys talk about animation as much as the next girl, but I really would love to actually hear and see some scenes!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:25 pm

I care a lot more about the animation since that is (imo) the higher priority in the show.

Last edited by Atlas on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

^^ Yeah me too... For some reason I always liked the Lyoko parts more. And I guess they're just building up the anticipation with the live action part. So maybe more people might tune in and watch the show to see how it turned out...
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:24 am

I liked the JxA interactions. That is what is most important to me, that the chemistry is still there.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I hate to say it, but they might be showing us just the animation if they’re still planning on having the networks film their own live action…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I hope not. They said something about it being dubbed. I would watch it subbed though, I really don't mind.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:58 pm

same. the reason I'm more focused on the live action, is cause the animation isn't THAT much different to me. and it just seems like a lot of the same, cause it's hard to distinguish one random fight scene from another
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next