Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Word processor do you use?

+8
PeaceKeeper2014
tbcr
Stella Luce 333
SeeMeInTheShadows
Koneko on lyoko
memoire-blanche
Eilorae
Atlas
12 posters

Go down

Which Word processor do you use? Empty Which Word processor do you use?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 am

I am curious. I was looking for something different (been using Microsoft word since for ever) and heard about other good programs. What do you use and why is it good?

Back to top Go down

Which Word processor do you use? Empty Re: Which Word processor do you use?

Post by Atlas Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 am

Ah darn, I had found a free word processor once but I can't remember the name of it.....

Anyway, I've more or less always used MS Word, and used that as a backup just in case.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue5/10Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue4/12Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue0/5Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:11 pm

MS word... Or on my phone, G-mail.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2951

Character Sheet
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue101/21Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (101/21)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue2/4Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by memoire-blanche Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 pm

MS Word 2003. No Ribbon and no DOCX. It's perfect. ^^

I tried LibreOffice once, but... couldn't get used to it.
memoire-blanche
memoire-blanche
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 410

http://memoire-blanche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 pm

I always used MS word, but since we don't have in on the laptop(and I don#t think I'll have it on my computer anymore when I get it back) I've started using Openoffice(an old-ish version from when it was free), I don't really see any difference :L
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue19/19Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue1/1Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

I use MS word. I've used open office for things at my school (since almost all the computers have it there) and I've never really liked it that much, mostly because I've been using word since forever and when they taught computers back in elementary school we pretty much learned everything about word.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:18 pm

memoire-blanche wrote:MS Word 2003
Used to use it for a long time and switched to 2007.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 pm

THAT WAS IT!

It was OpenOffice that I had on reserve. Bit plain looking, but does the job just fine.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue5/10Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue4/12Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue0/5Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 am

I also use MS Word...& I kind of like the newr versn. The only thng that sort of bugs me is that I normlly swtch it from Norml to No Spacng...It makes it act more like how the oldr Word was formttd. I kind of like the ovr all look of it, thogh...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue7/17Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue3/3Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:12 pm

i've used Open Office, Libre Office (both on Linux) Abiword, Word Perfect Microsoft Office, note and wordpad, Star writer. Calligra (a linux office suite)
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 93

Character Sheet

http://tbcrproductions.x10.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

tbcr wrote:i've used Open Office, Libre Office (both on Linux) Abiword, Word Perfect Microsoft Office, note and wordpad, Star writer. Calligra (a linux office suite)
Which is the best?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I just use MicroSoft Word Processor (No exact version yet... but it's old.) It still gets the job done. XD
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

OpenOffice. It's free, it does its job, it's good enough for my liking.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I am currently using MW to write and OpenOffice to publish.

Don't ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm

I'll ask.
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

I use Microsoft Word at school because it's on all the computers, but at home I only have MS Word Starter and that went all buggy, so now I use OpenOffice at home.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue19/19Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Which Word processor do you use? Left_bar_bleue9/9Which Word processor do you use? Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am

I use ms word and do like Stella, switch to no spacing (I don't understand why they have 1.5 spacing as the default, is there any kind of writing where that's what you're supposed to use?) but I've also used OpenOffice when I needed to. I thought the two were similar enough to be fine, although I'm like most everyone else--I like using what I'm familiar with Smile

And to the people who don't like the ribbon on ms, you can minimize it if you wish. That's what I do, since I like the features but don't need it cluttering the screen when I'm working.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hika-chan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:23 pm

i'm using microsoft word 2010. as an indonesian user, i also download the indonesian language pack. both the english and indonesian were very useful for me to check the mis-spelling. the only thing that disturb me is that i've got the program by copied the CD belonged to one of my friend, but he got no way to crack it--so after 30 days, it always remind me to activate the key, but when i've google it, i can't call the center to activate.

i've tried to download openoffice and libreoffice installer, but my IDM always failed when it reach 99.90%. so i download the libreoffice portable version and adjust it so i could use it like it's not portable, but i hate how i can't adjust the header and margin easily. so here i am, coming back to my lovely word processor. no big problem.
Hika-chan
Hika-chan
Konger
Konger

Female Posts : 13

http://flavors.me/liviaandrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down