Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLE Episode Five: Rivalry

5 posters

Go down

CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty CLE Episode Five: Rivalry

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

There's not a summary or a translation up yet, but I'll link them here as they get posted by people on Tumblr.

What did you guys think?

I thought it was cool seeing Ulrich deactivate the tower, though I still wish that Aelita were the only one who could deactivate towers. I loved seeing William get accepted, because I'm beginning to develop a soft spot for him. And also HIM SAVING ULRICH? YESSSS.

It was mostly a filler episode, but I still liked it. The Mountain Sector is so pretty, and I hope we get to see a lot more of it.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue14/18CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue4/5CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty Re: CLE Episode Five: Rivalry

Post by QuinSeparable Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 pm

For a filler episode, I was actually pleased to see some stuffs happening. It is nice seeing William coming into the group (not sure if they permanently accepted him in the group or they were praising him there at the end... but I really hope it was the former.)

Okay, so random thoughts...sorry about the unkept order:

William and Ulrich's interaction in this entire episode was pretty awesome I have to admit. As they were facing off against spectre William I thought for a moment that hey, maybe one day they'll be friends (or at least, friendly rivals instead of just rivals). I hope so because I think they'd make awesome "bros".

I have seen some peeps on tumblr complaining that William was being a jerkwad to the group when they asked him to go to Lyoko. Not that I'm saying that I condone him giving them a little crap, but I completely understand it. I mean, first off, that's William's character in general. It's a flaw that he has. Second of all, the group has been pooping on them a lot when it comes to him going to Lyoko. They've told him that he "got captured like a novice" and that they can't trust him. They've ignored him, shunned him, and been downright mean to him.

After all the crap they gave him, they come up to him (kind of with their tails tucked between their legs) and ask for his help. I don't know about you guys but I might have given them all kinds of crap for that as well. They're downright rude to him for who-knows-how-many-months and then suddenly they want his help, yeah....

My only real gripe with this episode, and I don't know why it's urking me, is that the Tarantulas are shooting lasers from their heads now? Maybe this happened before in Evolution and I haven't noticed it yet, but I did this episode and it just urked me. Again, not sure why.

"Merci". That brief exchange between William and Ulrich made me snort with laughter literally. Did anyone find that as awesomely hilarious as I did? Because I thought it was funny...

William was kind of a jerkwad to Ulrich just to bug the crap out of him and it was hilarious! He parades around with Ulrich's bike and is all like "haha, lookie what I've got", yet when Ulrich is hanging off the edge of the sector William is genuinely afraid for him! Like his whole face changes completely and I loved it (again I will point out that I love that Evolution's animation on Lyoko really brings out the facial expressions for the warriors).

Speaking of which, Ulrich now knows how Yumi feels dangling over the Digital Sea...

(Wow, massive post...I think I'm done for now though I'm sure there's some other things I wanted to comment on but I've forgotten...)
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:48 pm

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I wanted to comment on a few things that Quin's post reminded me of.

First is how the ambience (ambiance? Idk) has changed throughout the series. Used to in season 1 it was the forest which had a twilight ambience and the mountain sector was like a foggy morning, a "Chinese dawn" as I once saw it described somewhere. Season two, the light in the forest became yellow and resembled more of a mid-afternoon, maybe 5:00 at latest, and the mountain sector became lighter, like a 10:00am clear sunny day with patches of fog. And now, it feels to me like the mountain sector has become like that with a twilight ambience or barely pre-twilight, what with the darker blue and the pinker hue of the rocks. I guess that could be construed to be a sunrise effect, but to me it more says sunset. Does anybody else feel this way?

Based on what you were saying it seems like they were all being canon and acting exactly how I would have predicted when they finally reconciled with William. And I was wondering when XANA was going to send a William spectre. So I should probably find the episode and watch it before I go even more off-topic. Razz
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Ooh I really liked this episode. I think it's my favourite one so far. William is my favourite character, so to see him getting accepted into the group made me feel so happy. After so long, William is finally part of the Lyoko Warriors! Yayyyyasdfghjkl;skljkh

I can die happily nowww ^-^
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Me too! Him being accepted made me just feel all warm and fuzzy. As I said, I'm really warming up to William. He's also just such a complex character to write.

And yeah, Quin, shooting out of their heads is definitely different. I feel like I always remember them getting up on their hind legs anyway and shooting with their front legs (arms? idk what to call them). And I love/d how William was afraid! It'd be great to see him and Ulrich have a good relationship. I'd like to see Odd and William become better friends too, since it seems like that'd be hilarious.

Ambience and ambiance are just variants of each other, I think. Interesting point though. The mountain sector is definitely much less misty. It's so gorgeous, and I love the animation especially here. The colours are so nice ;a; It's a little bright to be twilight imo, but maybe a little before, like you said.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue14/18CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Left_bar_bleue4/5CLE Episode Five: Rivalry Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

So what did you think of the episode (details! Details!) once you made it to there within the actual context of the series, new person? (Btw, you should totally make an intro thread so we can get to know you. Very Happy We like new members.)

Last edited by Snickie on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I split the topic up to this post because the discussion didn't go where I was planning for it to. Keeping it relevant to the actual episode this time. :))
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm

I haven't made it to episode five yet with the english subtitles lol. I still have to watch episode 4 before I get to that point.
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down