Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

+14
Koneko on lyoko
Smartguy5000
Ivona no Fyra
thehighlord
nodsviper
Fau1tyL0gic
VGCats_Rocks
AeonFrodo
Coto524
PeaceKeeper2014
The Pastamancer
Snickie
Atlas
Umbra Animus
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Games

Post by Atlas Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm

VGCats_Rocks wrote:Breaking News: Don't get your XBOX Live Account banned, all those games will be lost to the void of Microsoft's server. As well as your Gold Membership. Wrongly banned? Make another account to appeal for the ban.

In Other News: "You should not expect any level of privacy concerning your use of the live communication features (for example, voice chat, video and communications in live-hosted gameplay sessions) offered through the Xbox LIVE/Games for Windows-LIVE Service. We may monitor these communications to the extent permitted by law." - Xbox Live Terms of Use (Section 11)

Microsoft spokesmen have said that you'll still have access to your games even after being banned.

But as for that last part.... wow. That's pretty sad.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Well at least they tell you upfront about it. -eyeroll-
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:35 am

Tying up loose ends by finishing a huge pile of old games I have bought but stopped playing (which are pretty much all my games). Completed DmC yesterday (may get Virgil's downfall dlc if it's good) and currently at the very end of Deus Ex. If anyone has played it, what decision did you make at the end? 

For those of you who haven't played it or aren't familiar with the game, I will put the four choices because I think they're interesting. Feel free to share your opinion even if you have never played the game.

Hugh Darrow: I Want To BelieveVideo Games - Page 2 YH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3D
Requirements: Follow Darrow's request, in which nothing is held back and all information is revealed to the world. It is not explicitly stated whether all biotech research is banned, but Jensen remarks that humanity will surely fear it.

William Taggart: It Was Something In The WaterVideo Games - Page 2 YH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3D
Requirements: Follow Taggart's request, this choice covers up the truth and places the blame on Neuropozyne poisoning. This results in stronger regulation, ultimately strengthening the Illuminati's position.

David Sarif: Terrorists Did ItVideo Games - Page 2 YH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3D
Requirements: Follow Sarif's request, where the blame will be laid at the feet of Humanity Front. This causes people to shift their anger towards extremism and allows research and technology to progress unfettered.

Self Destruction: The Truth Is Out ThereVideo Games - Page 2 YH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3D
Requirements: Do not select any of the three above messages to send, but instead activate Pancheae's self-destruct mechanism. The rationale given for this action is that Jensen feels that it is not up to Darrow, Taggart, Sarif, nor even himself to determine mankind's fate. He has faith that humanity will eventually do what is best, and this is why he elects to remove them all from the equation.

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 am

Atlas wrote:Microsoft spokesmen have said that you'll still have access to your games even after being banned.
I'd like to refer you to here.
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 194

Character Sheet
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/17Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/10Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

http://vgcats-rocks.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Xbox180 jokes everywhere...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

By the way, I got Hitman: Absolution and Bioshock Infinite a couple days ago. Hitman is as enjoyable as I can recall from my old PC days. Higher difficulties pose a real challenge especially when it comes to stealthily making your way through masses of enemies. Have yet to venture into the online contract element.

With the ever approaching release of Dota 2 as F2P, I think I might jump into it. Never been a hardcore Dota player, but I knew my way around it. I have friends who were high level players of Dota and are kinda skeptic of Dota 2 claiming it's less competitive now and all, but I am sure it wouldn't matter. Dota always unites people. Kinda sad that its community is one of the most notorious ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I have the strongest urge to play some PS1 classic games right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:36 am

I love PS1. Unfortunately I lost a few parts for my old system so I'm getting replacements off Amazon.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 am

I believe mine is somewhere at my old apartment. Been a decade or so since I have last used it so I doubt it would be working? you never know. MGS, FF, Crash, Digimon, Spyro, Mega Man, Tekken, RE...etc. Never owned a bad game.

Perhaps we should make a list for top 10 games for each console? If it's gonna cause everyone to go mad and fight, MORE REASON TO DO IT.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:39 pm

That would be awesome.

Also if you ever find a copy you should get these two games called Tomba 1 and Tomba 2.Easily my favorite games for ps1. 

I feel as though there is just something about that era of gaming that makes all of those games feel so magical. 

Maybe the graphics or the nostalgia.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Back then I didn't care for the graphics half as much as I do now. Technological advancement has set the bar ridiculously high. Back then it was all about how fun and engaging the game was, how distinctive the plot could get, the number of hours the game spanned...etc. They didn't have to rely on graphics to carry the games. Of course some games pushed the envelope more than others, but those had other ingredients of success as well.

I recognize Tomba as a really good game, but unfortunately, I have never played it.

Edit: Was gonna wait for Dota 2 to become f2p (in the coming few months) but I just found an invitation in my email ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 am

Dota 2 has been giving people a lot of free invites. My friend beta tested it during open beta and he got like 8 game codes to give to friends.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:51 am

True, especially lately they have been throwing invites because they will stop soon and launch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Unappreciated games. Go!

I throw out there, Doukutsu Monogatari! (Or Cave Story, in English.)
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/17Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/10Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Digimon world 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviews said it was repetitive and not that interesting. TO HELL WITH THAT. It was one of my fav on PS1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivona no Fyra Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Hm, anything I'll say might be met with scorn, but ah well.
I personally think Spyro Oragne for the gba wasn't a bad game- short, but not bad.
Also mostly enjoyed NiGHTS Journey of Dreams as well. Ign gave it a 6.5..
Ivona no Fyra
Ivona no Fyra
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Laming on Dota 2. Join me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Started a Civ 5 game after owning it for many years and never playing. So fun.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Yeah I've heard that with patches and stuff it's really gotten good.

In the meantime Warhammer Dawn of War (both 1 and 2) are still awesome for me even though I know I'm just fanboying on them.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 am

Been playing Battlefield, MOH Warfighter, STO, and a lot of other games recently.  Good thing I dropped CoD.  Call of Duty has been getting stale over the years.  Can't wait for Battlefield 4, Halo 5, and some other games!  XD

Now, I've got to play some Battlefield 3 and get some C4 kills.
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:09 am

And at work (where I am now) I play a LOT of solitaire.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 am

A few weeks ago I played about 4 hours straight of solitaire.

I also just got binding of isaac and it is really fun.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 am

I hate Solitaire!  XD  It's evil!
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 am

So.
What about that 2DS?
The shape reminds me of a door-stopper for some reason.
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 am

While I do think that the general idea is stupid and mostly useless, some people are kinda overreacting to it. The only 'new' thing about it seems to be the design, so unless you prefer a design like that(some people might idk) then there's really no point in buying it.

The fact that it doesn't fold just seems wrong xD I don't know why, probably because I've gotten so used to DS's folding. I never even bought a 3DS anyway.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Video Games - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Video Games - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next