Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

OxA or JxA?

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which do you prefer?

24% 24% 
[ 10 ]
76% 76% 
[ 31 ]
 
Total Votes : 41

OxA or JxA?

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Some people don't care for either and some people care for both, but it's arguably the most easily argued about pairing in CL and I know our ranks are rather divided on this fact. So who do you support? Discuss here. For more in depth discussion, you can post in an already made topic or make your own. (I know we already have a topic but I want to see the numbers).

_________________
Yay Co
The Shadow
Kohls, much?
avatar
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by LovelyMadness13 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Jeremie and Aelita. Forever.
Odd and Aelita wouldn't work out in the long run. He's too flirtious, and she likes Jeremie's loyality. (Remeber her face when she thought Jeremie was flirting with Yumi? She was MAD.)
Plus she and Jeremie are meant to be. Just are. Cannon or no cannon. It's just meant. ^^

avatar
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by TechnoSam on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:22 pm

LovelyMadness13 wrote:Jeremie and Aelita. Forever.
Odd and Aelita wouldn't work out in the long run. He's too flirtious, and she likes Jeremie's loyality. (Remeber her face when she thought Jeremie was flirting with Yumi? She was MAD.)
Plus she and Jeremie are meant to be. Just are. Cannon or no cannon. It's just meant. ^^


^This. There really isn't anything I can add to that.
avatar
TechnoSam
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 346

Character Sheet
Health::
10/14  (10/14)
Energy::
3/3  (3/3)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Lyokofelinae on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 am

Jerlita please.
avatar
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Health::
13/27  (13/27)
Energy::
1/2  (1/2)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Soul Jelly on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 am

Echoing Madness and Techno. JxA fo'evs. Cool
avatar
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Posts : 1231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by SMARTAgentKC on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Jeremy and Aelita
avatar
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Atlas on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

I have no idea how people don't see Jeremy for the possessive monster he is.
We all know that the only reason he didn't just shut down the Supercomputer, ensuring the safety of millions of lives, is because he just wanted some pink hair tail.

Seriously, think it over again.

AelitaxOdd

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by LovelyMadness13 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Tail? Really? No offence, but do you really think that's all he was after?
And since we're going with phsycal attraction only, how is Odd any differnet? -other than he goes from one tail to another in no time flat.
At least Jeremie stays continues wanting, loving, what ever term you wanna use- it's only Aelita.
Although he can be quite possessive, I'll agree with you there. ^^;
avatar
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Soul Jelly on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Atlas501 wrote:I have no idea how people don't see Jeremy for the possessive monster he is.
We all know that the only reason he didn't just shut down the Supercomputer, ensuring the safety of millions of lives, is because he just wanted some pink hair tail.

Seriously, think it over again.

AelitaxOdd

Any one of them could have sneaked out, gone to the Factory and shut down the supercomputer/smashed it to pieces with a hammer to make sure it could never be switched on again.

Odd and Ulrich were too enamoured with the idea of playing the hero.
avatar
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Posts : 1231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by LovelyMadness13 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm

You're right! They even admitted it, both of them, in the last episode.
Jeremie was the only one who seemed concerned with the relationships their battles had forged over the last few years. Is that possessive? Maybe a bit, but also, this kid had NO friends before this all happened.
Then, suddenly, he had Aelita.
And then the others.
But Aelita always was first, I think, in his head. (even when she herself was annoyed by the fact...^^Wink
He's over-protective, most defently. Possessive? A bit...but then again, what guy wouldn't be if he had someone like Aelita? ^^;
avatar
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Soul_Jelly wrote:enamoured
Random Fact: That was a vocab word that I studied for my English Final.

Aaaaaand back on topic. I'm a pretty big OxA fan. Maybe it's because Odd is my favorite character and Jeremy is my least (I have nothing really against him, I really don't- it's really my best friend's fault). I also think is Odd is more fun and I always saw him and as msomewhat more supportive of the ideas of others, even if he may or may not agree with them. And hey! I almost always go noncanon! Very Happy

_________________
Yay Co
The Shadow
Kohls, much?
avatar
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by aelitaxwilliam on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm not very fond of Jeremie's character, so that inevitably leads to me not liking Jerlita very much (when I ship a pairing, I tend to do it based on people I like and then smashing them together...probably not the best way to go about it). I just think Oddlita is cute and fun, and that's exactly what I'm looking for. CL is one of the few fandoms I'm really casual about shipping in.

Atlas501 wrote:I have no idea how people don't see Jeremy for the possessive monster he is.
We all know that the only reason he didn't just shut down the Supercomputer, ensuring the safety of millions of lives, is because he just wanted some pink hair tail.

Seriously, think it over again.

AelitaxOdd

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so much right now. First your HP theory about Harry and Ginny, and now this.

_________________
yay co.
avatar
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
14/18  (14/18)
Energy::
4/5  (4/5)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Atlas on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 am

@Kelly

We all know that the only reason Harry Potter ever dated Ginny was to get revenge on Ron because he was after Hermoine and that ginger kid managed to steal her!

"Oh yeah buddy? I'm just going to date your little sister now. She's real sweet on me..."

WE ALL KNOW IT IS TRUE.

@Everyone else who is trying to defend Jeremy either via blaming Odd or rationalization.

I don't even like Odd that much, but I can tell that he treats the people he really cares about very well. He just didn't really care much about all those girls.

And not only does saying that that someone else could have done something not excuse Jeremy's own bad decision, it also is incorrect. When they started, they actually wanted to shut the thing down, remember? The "like playing the hero" thing arose after doing it for a long time.

I think my favorite response was the one where someone said that Odd can't possibly be in a long term relationship. C'mon, they are essentially at middle school level. That's the part of your life where you might actually brag that you touched a girl's boob once. It's hardly the time where relationships are actually taken seriously by anyone. I don't know, I just don't think that because Odd is in a lot of middle school relationships (which are amazing if they last a week anyway) that that translates into him not being able to commit down the road.

Let's face it, Jeremy is leagues above everyone save Aelita. They relied upon his decision making in more ways than one. Thus, I lay most of the blame for the poor decision at his feet.

Now then, feed me your rage.

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Atlas501 wrote:@Kelly

We all know that the only reason Harry Potter ever dated Ginny was to get revenge on Ron because he was after Hermoine and that ginger kid managed to steal her!

"Oh yeah buddy? I'm just going to date your little sister now. She's real sweet on me..."

WE ALL KNOW IT IS TRUE.

@Everyone else who is trying to defend Jeremy either via blaming Odd or rationalization.

I don't even like Odd that much, but I can tell that he treats the people he really cares about very well. He just didn't really care much about all those girls.

And not only does saying that that someone else could have done something not excuse Jeremy's own bad decision, it also is incorrect. When they started, they actually wanted to shut the thing down, remember? The "like playing the hero" thing arose after doing it for a long time.

I think my favorite response was the one where someone said that Odd can't possibly be in a long term relationship. C'mon, they are essentially at middle school level. That's the part of your life where you might actually brag that you touched a girl's boob once. It's hardly the time where relationships are actually taken seriously by anyone. I don't know, I just don't think that because Odd is in a lot of middle school relationships (which are amazing if they last a week anyway) that that translates into him not being able to commit down the road.

Let's face it, Jeremy is leagues above everyone save Aelita. They relied upon his decision making in more ways than one. Thus, I lay most of the blame for the poor decision at his feet.

Now then, feed me your rage.



Um, really? Odd treats people he cares about really well? I'm sorry, but Odd is the meanest Lyoko Warrior, easily. And he is not very caring. Tell me, right now, which of the Lyoko Warriors would purposefully give an embarrasing picture of a friend to the freakin school news, and then blame it on a friend. Go on, tell me. That's something Sissi would do. Tell me if you think a nice, caring, or sensitive person would EVER do that.

Jeremie and Aelita work best together. Aelita is very sensitive. Odd is insensitive. Aelita places responsiblity highly. Odd can't even try to cope with responsibility. Aelita is rational. Odd risks his and other's lives to show off. Aelita is smart. Odd's an idiot when it comes to intelligence. Aelita wants a stable relationship. Odd flits back and forth between girls at a whim. Aelita wants loyalty. Odd sees nothing wrong with two timing girls.

Jeremie gave up everything for Aelita. He went through pain, both physical, and mental, to save her. Sounds to me like he did it for more than just himself. He drove himself crazy, spent sleepless nights, days in a row, just to save her. Sounds like there would be easier ways to get a girl. There is no evidence that he did it for himself vs Aelita.

Odd didn't once try and seek out a conversation with Aelita while she was on Lyoko. If you're right, and he likes her, than he only liked her once she was real, which doesn't point much in the 'he wanted her for her personality' theory. He wanted to shut down the supercomputer without giving her a chance. Then when she's on Earth, he's all, 'hey, now that she's on Earth, she's easier to get to'.

Jeremie and Aelita show that they like each other. If a girl who obviously likes you kisses you, and then hangs with someone else, you might get conflicting signals. Especially if this is your first relationship.

But Odd' s too much of a **** for Aelita to like him in the long run. And Odd isn't right for her. Jeremie does so much for her, and they obviously like each other. She kisses him. She said she felt cheated when the clone kissed her. She wants Jeremie, not Odd.

Don't you think she'd get tired of this after a few days?
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh, and by the way, when you saw **** I wasn't saying anything rude. I have no idea why it starred me out Razz
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by SMARTAgentKC on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:42 pm

je<>rk is starred out because it is a mild bad term

Anyway Jeremy is the one who found Aelita and is the one who worked day and night to bring her out.
avatar
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh, thanks Razz

How'd you know what I said? And I agree. He worked way to hard to free her to have his motives denounced as petty.
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Atlas on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 pm

And once again I must point out that lambasting Odd doesn't make Jeremy any better of a candidate.

People seem to be in denial here about some pretty basic facts. These people are 13/14 years old at the time of CL. I expect them to do stupid things like Odd did. Yes, it wasn't a nice thing, but then again should I judge you from one unflattering incident? If that is the case, then no good person would be found. We all make mistakes.

However, Jeremy is different. Yes he is the same age and deserves the same mercy, but there is a massive difference in scope in the two poor decisions. It's pretty harsh to say, but for two years Jeremy risked let's face it EXTINCTION of the human race for almost purely selfish reasons. Even if you try to make the argument that he was doing it purely for Aelita, I would then say that at what point does the value of one life become overrided by the safety of many?

Of course, then you would say "And that is why he is so much more suited for Aelita! He risked all that to be with her! Isn't that so romantic?". You know what? Fair enough. If you really dig that kind of pulp-fictiony perspective of love, so be it. But let's not pretend that Jeremy was very responsible, sensitive to others and, again facing the facts, all that smart either.

Odd is just a teenage kid. Yes, he might have done silly things, but ultimately he was a good person. Yes, he did talk to Aelita and moreso than most of the others save Jeremy. They do share a passion in music, and their general personalities seem to match better. I think that is enough to say that they at the very least have a chance together.

Ultimately, I just think that Odd is a pretty stupid/silly teenager, but I think he would be more appropriate then Jeremy who, depending on which defense you want to use, is either so blinded by his own feelings/obsession he's willing to risk extinction of humanity or simply has the empathy and emotional priority list of a psychopath.

THE DEFENSE RESTS

_________________
Captain General Lord Commander Atlas the Ostentatious, Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Spoiler:

avatar
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
5/10  (5/10)
Energy::
4/12  (4/12)
Experience::
0/5  (0/5)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by SMARTAgentKC on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:15 am

*sigh*

Atlas I can see instead of blaming the one who caused the attacks, XANA. You blame the near anti-social computer nerd who just happens to discover a locked up near defenseless girl who's is attacked even if she just steps outside of her little protected tower. You say Jeremy is risking the world all because he wants to help one near defenseless girl.

Now I got a question

If you were put in Jeremy's shoes, what would you do? Would you turn your back on her, seal that girl away, and just pretend you never saw her or would you be willing to help her and take whatever comes at you?

Me, I would defend that girl with all I have.

avatar
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by LovelyMadness13 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:35 am

Amen Smart-guy ^^.
Now, if you think about it, wouldn't it be crueler and more psychopathic to turn your back on the girl? She was his first friend, after all.
AND, if you wanna go the whole selfish route, before Jeremie met Aelita, he didn't have any emotional ties to anyone at Kadic. There, I can see where you sort of get the selfishness. Being 11 or 12 at them, Jeremie would still in the somewhat mode of selfishness that most kids are still in at that age- no matter how much of a genius he was. (actually...that might have made him more selfish. Especially- as many people have suggested- if the boy had something akin to Asburgers) Because he had no emotional ties and was still probably riding the slight wave of the selfishness of youth, a part of him- a big part of him, mostly, since it was love at first sight for Aelita- wouldn't have given a crap if Kadic burnt to the ground.
It was only through finding the factory- thus Aelita- that he gained friends and grew the ability to worry and care more. He is the youngest of the group, and most likely an only child. As an only child myself, I know that we only kids have a reputation for being selfish. That might another thing that applies to his detachment to everything NOT involving Aelita through part of the series.
avatar
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you Madness and SmartGuy. But I don't think we're gonna convince Atlas of that. I think he's convinced to hate Jeremie just on principle. And there are plenty more mean things Odd did throughout the series. If it were Odd, you think he would have turned off the supercomputer? Jeremie kept it on to save a girl he loved. Odd would have kept it on because he thought it was cool, if at all.

You write like someone who, if you had your way, wouldn't have any romance with Aelita. Jeremie's too selfish, and Odd a dumb teenager. Probably, at the age the characters are at, you wouldn't have any serious relationships.

That's why you don't write the story. Because most of the fans love to see the romance blooming between two characters, driven together. Not Atlas, though. To him, a character giving up his life for a girl is selfish. Atlas would've done the noble thing, and shut the supercomputer off, even if he loved the girl.

You're argument makes Jeremie out to be the bad guy, but I think that any of the LWs could have shut it off. I mean, come on! They barely knew him at the beginning, why would they respect his opinion. They were furious at Sissi for almost getting it turned off IN THE PREQUEL! They could have just let her have it turned off, but they didn't. Why? They didn't even love Aelita, like Jeremie did. Yet, they still fiercely protected their secret to keep her alive. Jeremie's motives, at least, can't be questioned. But what are the others' excuses for keeping the supercomputer on at first?

If Jeremie's selfish for keeping it on for a girl he loved, then the others must be out of the building selfish for keeping it on for next to no reason.
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Stella Luce 333 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 am

When they first met Alita, they thoght she was an AI. She was able to thnk for herslf, have feelngs, spek...much like a norml humn wold (thogh we woldn't find out that she was actlly a humn untl Sesn 2). I don't thnk any of them cold've shut it down, becase they probbly wold have seen that as killng her...

I'm also on the side of JxA, becase relly are each othr's othr half. They have a connctn that none of the othr charctrs relly have...
avatar
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Health::
7/17  (7/17)
Energy::
3/3  (3/3)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Stella Luce 333 wrote:When they first met Alita, they thoght she was an AI. She was able to thnk for herslf, have feelngs, spek...much like a norml humn wold (thogh we woldn't find out that she was actlly a humn untl Sesn 2). I don't thnk any of them cold've shut it down, becase they probbly wold have seen that as killng her...

I'm also on the side of JxA, becase relly are each othr's othr half. They have a connctn that none of the othr charctrs relly have...

Still, according to atlas, not turning it off is seflish. I'm not saying they should have, I'm saying they [/i]could have. And if they didn't even like[i] Aelita, like Jeremie did, then they have even less of an excuse than he did. Atlas said Jeremie's selfish for keeping it on just for a girl he loved. But the others kept it on because they saw her as human. I don't see any of them as selfish, but Jeremie has more of a reason to keep it on than the others.
'Course, I don't know Atlas's opinion of this, so I'll wait for his response.
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by cya6 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Ah! What does roll the dice mean?! Why did it do that?

This forum makes no sense!
avatar
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3490

Character Sheet
Health::
0/0  (0/0)
Energy::
0/0  (0/0)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by AeonFrodo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

It's for the Grand Arena, to do your own dice rolls to save time for the GM (which is Atlas). I'll delete the dice roll though since you didn't mean it

_________________
Fanfiction Profile
Deviantart Profile
Tumblr
Twitch

My latest project: The Lunar Eclipse (Ace Attorney (AU)) Thanks to ktbeau for the avatar!

The Xana's Lair Fanfics C2 Community!

Spoiler:


Thanks to Twiggy for making this signature for me!


avatar
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3780

Character Sheet
Health::
11/23  (11/23)
Energy::
2/4  (2/4)
Experience::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OxA or JxA?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum