Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum-related issues

+2
Fau1tyL0gic
Atlas
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forum-related issues Empty Forum-related issues

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:10 am

This is where you post forum-related issues (anything that's not working properly).

If you have a bright new idea that requires a topic of its own, make a topic in this section.

If you have a small suggestion that doesn't require a topic, post it here.

Back to top Go down

Forum-related issues Empty Re: Forum-related issues

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Well aware of the quote color issue, trying to find the fix for it.

Also know about issue where pictures clip the top of the message border.

Have heard some complaints about slow load times for site.

Heard complaint about the "Similar Topics" issue but unfortunately that one seems to be out of our hands.

-------------------------------------------------------

The above are the forum issues the staff is currently aware of. If you have any more to address, please let us know in this topic.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue5/10Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue4/12Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue0/5Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:24 am

Atlas wrote:Well aware of the quote color issue, trying to find the fix for it.

What's that? (Edit: Now I know...)

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but when I quote someone, I can't comment unless I go to editor mode.

Shadows still has her name as mod at the bottom of the section (hakz).

Back to top Go down

Post by Fau1tyL0gic Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 am

Could a click on the thread title redirect you to the last page of the thread rather than the first?

Because generally, people are interested in the new stuff.

Fau1tyL0gic
Hornet
Hornet

Male Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 am

Even though I use the small latest post button, I second this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:50 pm

LegendOfTheSky wrote:
Atlas wrote:Well aware of the quote color issue, trying to find the fix for it.

What's that? (Edit: Now I know...)

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but when I quote someone, I can't comment unless I go to editor mode.

Shadows still has her name as mod at the bottom of the section (hakz).

Alright as you probably noticed I confirmed the ability to edit the quote color reliably and have already done so.

As you have also probably noticed, I put in a random color. I need you guys and gals to pick the new color for me or I'll just have fun with it. Will put up a thread about quote color imminently.

Still having issues with multiquotes but hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

As for next issue, I'll check out the 'last topic on page link' idea you've put forward. A little less confident about this one but I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Atlas
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue5/10Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue4/12Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue0/5Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm

LegendOfTheSky wrote:Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but when I quote someone, I can't comment unless I go to editor mode.

I noticed this problem as well earlier but on later attempts it seems to work fine. Might have been a small bug on Forummotion's end with their new text tools. Also confirming that this post was written by only hitting 'quote', editing the quote to that sentence and then writing in my stuff.

Unless it surfaces again I'll consider it resolved.

EDIT: Also multiquote color fixed at least 3 levels down. Not sure about higher but it should work.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Multiquote 2nd level is still a pain to read on my cellular device.
To get around the quote issue I find that typing [ /quote ] (without the spaces ofc) and your commentary and then previewing will fix it.  The quote box will adjust to the end tag appearing earliest and the other tag will just be hanging freely.  Delete it and you're all set.
Still, though, I wish they would fix that.  A bug on my phone from the last software update keeps me from doing this on my phone so I'm sure I'm not the only one with an issue in correcting it.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:21 am

LegendOfTheSky wrote:Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but when I quote someone, I can't comment unless I go to editor mode.
Works fine now.

Multiquote 2nd level is fine to read on my mobile phone, but commentating on it is buggy. I can't see what I am typing at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 am

multiquote reads fine now.
thankyousomuch
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Fau1tyL0gic wrote:Could a click on the thread title redirect you to the last page of the thread rather than the first?

Because generally, people are interested in the new stuff.

Looked into this but unfortunately this one is out of my league. If I were to try and implement it I'd have to either get a code monkey on board or try to learn the material myself.

My only answer to you then is if you either do what Legend suggested or go into a topic and (if you have a numpad with numlock off) hit 1 and then 9, which should get you to the last post or pretty close to it.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by thehighlord Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:08 pm

if only we could find a way to resurrect Railen. code monkeying was always his specialty. 

but oh well, i don't really find it to be a big deal, and have no problems with the current system.
thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 97

Character Sheet
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue0/0Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Forum-related issues Left_bar_bleue0/0Forum-related issues Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:20 pm

There's a feature on this forum called "View all unread posts" and it shows you all the topics that have been posted in since the last time you visited.  The link for that is on top of the boards on the main page, single subcategories page (ex: the Library), and at the top of the list of any forum (ex: The Supercomputer).  Except for Feedback.  Any idea why?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 am

It still shows all posts since last visit irrelevant of the section you're in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 am

That's not the point.

Anyway, I think I've figured out the bug or whatever.  Apparently, when viewing a forum, it goes on top of the list of subforums.  Feedback and Introductions don't have it because they don't have subforums.

I want to protest because I use that feature a lot! Mad
Someone shoot an angry email to Forumotion, k?
(kind of jk, you don't have to if you don't really want to)
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am

Not that big of a deal. Access it from the home page or all the other sub-forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:12 am

Is it on my end or does the site freeze and load slowly when browsing through a mobile phone? I use chrome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am

I haven't noticed anything strange on my end.  The only time the site runs slow or freezes for me is when my WiFi is acting up.
Default phone browser because I'm too lazy to configure Chrome.
Chrome on my laptop.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Confirmed load times are all working well on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer on computers.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 am

Some weird things happen when I use my mobile phone to access the forum. I get random hyperlinks on some words in posts made by me or other members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:45 am

I get that when I'm on my mom's iPad, but I rarely use it so it's all cool for me.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 am

I really wanna know what causes it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 pm

LegendOfTheSky wrote:I really wanna know what causes it.

I haven't the foggiest clue, especially since I can't replicate it myself. It seem to happen only on mobile devices. I'll add this to the list of "check it outs".
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Looking for more feedback from other members. New private messages don't popup in a new window despite having the option on. I used to take it for granted and even rely on it to notify me because it can be tricky to observe most of the time. 

Certainly a problem when mods/admins, the ones responsible for being available and responding to all questions as soon as possible, take three or more days to reply to a pm.

Are other members experiencing this and what is causing it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:33 am

LegendOfTheSky wrote:Looking for more feedback from other members. New private messages don't popup in a new window despite having the option on. I used to take it for granted and even rely on it to notify me because it can be tricky to observe most of the time. 

Certainly a problem when mods/admins, the ones responsible for being available and responding to all questions as soon as possible, take three or more days to reply to a pm.
I don't have this option enabled, and even so I don't know what's causing it nor how to fix it.  *Snickie is not a codemonkey*

Um.... what OS, Browser (version), etc. are you using?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next